• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Inkling Barber Shop (What hairstyle will you use?)

Which hairstyle?

• Total voters

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
I'm probably the only person that isn't big on the new hairstyles, so unless they add a ponytail style for the female, then I'm gonna go with the classic female hairstyle.

Edit: I just rewatched the trailer and I kinda like the female comb over. But I'm gonna wait to see what they look like in the game before I make a final decision.

Last edited:

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Male spiked. I'm one for classics but I still want a new look. I do wonder if the original default male hairstyle is still available though. I have yet to see it anywhere.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Male spiked. I'm one for classics but I still want a new look. I do wonder if the original default male hairstyle is still available though. I have yet to see it anywhere.
I have seen the classic default hairstyle. Although I couldn't tell you where since my memory is lacking at the moment..but it's definitely there still.

Reactions: Ulk

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I have seen the classic default hairstyle. Although I couldn't tell you where since my memory is lacking at the moment..but it's definitely there still.
Ah I see. Good to know. I did wonder, as I didn't even see it during the Test Fire.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
@Ulk @ZEROrevive Here is a screenshot from the single player trailer.
Ah, thanks for spotting! I think I seen it elsewhere too. But its nice to see it show up again in the recent trailer.

Of course we knew already that the traditional inkling girl hair was still in, so that's good.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Of course we knew already that the traditional inkling girl hair was still in, so that's good.
That image has got me thinking...
Is that confirmation of custom colours, or just a "blank slate" to indicate parts that are ink-coloured? (Akin to the white parts of weapon icons in the original)

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
That image has got me thinking...
Is that confirmation of custom colours, or just a "blank slate" to indicate parts that are ink-coloured? (Akin to the white parts of weapon icons in the original)
Custom colors would definitely be cool, but I feel custom colors could only work with singleplayer. Plus I doubt white would be an option for obvious reasons.

CapBoyAce

Full Squid
NNID
kidclub123
Custom colors would definitely be cool, but I feel custom colors could only work with singleplayer. Plus I doubt white would be an option for obvious reasons.
Couldn't you just set it so either you vote on color schemes, or the colors are local? (You only see your custom colors)
Just curious, why wouldn't white work?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Couldn't you just set it so either you vote on color schemes, or the colors are local? (You only see your custom colors)
Just curious, why wouldn't white work?
Bodily fluids. And even the adults in the audience are less mature than they'd admit.

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
Didn't think of it like that. I assumed you meant we could pick a color off a color wheel or something.

Bodily fluids. And even the adults in the audience are less mature than they'd admit.
Pretty much. But you can't really blame me, white ink is a common discussion amongst Splatoon fans.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Pretty much. But you can't really blame me, white ink is a common discussion amongst Splatoon fans.
Yep. They asked for the reason, there it is :p Splatoon provides enough meme material as it is.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
We will never have deep red ink for the same reason :P

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I honestly don't know what I'll go with anymore lol. My initial thought process was the Male Spiked one, but it looks weird from the back when he doesn't have the headphones (that were forced on the trailer and demos), and I have a feeling it'll be as bad as the original Splatoon 1 hair for giving away you position behind low hanging walls (when using chargers). The comb-over (aka hipster squid) looks cool, and I may settle for that one in the final game, but this one doesn't suit my preference at all. Then we have the buzz cut, which has absolutely no protruding hair, but some slashes in it at the back. This might be what I settle for (I have no desire to play as the girl, got sick of her in 1 and genuinely started preferring the boy's design and SFX, 2 has given the girl really bad SFX imo), but I kind of have a feeling that there very may well be a barber shop in the plaza (looks like there is one) and if there is then they may just charge in-game cash from battles to get a new haircut which unlocks it for permanent use (failing that content updates could spit out a few more haircuts). Even with this the Inkling Boy has been given better hairstyles in general than the girl (perhaps to make up for the bias in design in 1), as I feel that only the comb-over is a good hairstyle for the girl, the knot makes her look like a boy and the bob looks pretty lame.

I'll probably start with the comb-over, and change to the others in the first few weeks and settle on the one that I prefer the most (as I expect most will). In terms of others, I can see the girl comb-over and boy spiked being the most used hair styles in this game, with the bob and buzz-cut taking second place (or the boy comb-over being more used). As for competitive players, they'll be using the "meta" hair styles that hide more of the model and make it harder to see a charged special (even with the new 4v4 bar stating who has a special charged), so it'll definitely be amusing to see super ugly Inklings running around wearing the "best" (but unfresh) gear, it'll almost be like the start of Splatoon 1 again where everyone used flat out ugly gear like the gas mask :P

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Agreed.
On an unrelated note, I'm saying M Comb Over.
Initially wanted to go with the short F hair, due to the fact there are no true "long" pants options for the males, but honestly...after a few hours, I didn't notice it in the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom