• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Salty Splatoon: Competitive Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
I figured I'd make this post to avoid as much confusion as possible. First, you'll need an account on www.twitch.tv! At 6:30 PM EST, come to the page www.twitch.tv/cutestfish and say '<team name> checking in.' We'll confirm your checkin and your team will have a 'y' under the checkin tab at https://goo.gl/nskcNx . At 7:01 PM EST, I'll update the brackets, removing any teams that didn't checkin. After that, I'll shuffle the seeds and the tournament will begin. When the tournament stats, post in the chat what team you represent. Do not spam chat! When you find the team you're supposed to play in the bracket, send them a whisper using the command /w. Example: /w cutestfish Hey we're Team Squid in game C. My NNID is ___ and we have a lobby up, password 1015!

When game sets are concluded, post the team who wins in chat in this format: 'Game E SquidsNextDoor wins'. Both losing and winning team should post in chat as a solid confirmation. An admin will say 'got game E'. If an admin misses your messages, try again in 60 seconds. Please, again, do not spam chat.

Try to be as quick as possible in getting games started, downtime is boring. If you finish your set and are waiting for an opponent to show up, be patient but ready to go at any time.
Unreasonable delays are subject to disqualification at my discretion.

If you have any questions at all, please contact me on skype! My name in skype is korrisel1.

Here's a few reminders and resources:

* Rules and Instructions: https://goo.gl/GcY0NK Pay attention to the format in which gamemode and maps are decided.
* The first map and mode for each set is found at http://pastebin.com/0vBEBfxD It's got a few new sets not found in the previous one.
* Deadline for registration is Fri, Aug 21 by 11 PM EST!!

* This tournament is START TO FINISH in 1 go; this means no delaying or 'rescheduling' games!
* My stream itself will simply be hosting the very same info you see here.

I'll update this post as I remember things. Good luck and have fun!

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Wouldn't it be easier to set up an irc chat or discord for tourney teams to check-in and communicate?

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Wouldn't it be easier to set up an irc chat or discord for tourney teams to check-in and communicate?
Probably. I've never heard of Discord until you said anything and I couldn't get my hands on an IRC and I wanted to avoid forced program downloads. It's a little late to change it but I'll look into this Discord program for the next time.

RahZ

Inkling
NNID
Rauhlz
Team Name: Squid Kid Tings
Team Leader: Rauhlz
Skype of team leader: xRauhl
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-8):
Kaywhy/Rauhlz
T-Dawg/Tommyknocker420
(rag)narok/Ragnarok
Rid/Ridical
Kev/Angrytoilet
Josh/DarthBaider93
Tom/Tomtomtom1994
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): SKT
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Hopefully~
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes
Main timezone of team: GMT

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
2 questions:

You said if it was 16 teams it would be double elim. Currently there's 17. Are you going to do single elim with 17 teams or keep 1 team as a sub and play double with 16 teams?

Are the current bracket seedings final or will they be randomized before the tournament begins?

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
2 questions:

You said if it was 16 teams it would be double elim. Currently there's 17. Are you going to do single elim with 17 teams or keep 1 team as a sub and play double with 16 teams?

Are the current bracket seedings final or will they be randomized before the tournament begins?

I'll probably keep it double bracket no matter what. Also the registered teams =/= number of teams in the tournament, inevitably some won't checkin. At 7:01 PM EST I'll remove all teams from the brackets who didn't check-in, then shuffle the seeds, and the tournament begins.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Team Name: Squid Kid Tings
Team Leader: Rauhlz
Skype of team leader: xRauhl
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-8):

Kaywhy/Rauhlz
T-Dawg/Tommyknocker420
(rag)narok/Ragnarok
Rid/Ridical
Kev/Angrytoilet
Josh/DarthBaider93
Tom/Tomtomtom1994
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): SKT
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Hopefully~
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes
Main timezone of team: GMT
You registered with 7 players. Rules state 5 maximum.

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
Team Name: The Squid Box
Team Captain: Cloudy
[Skype: Mokarin.Sono] Steam

Team Members:
  • TSB.Cloudy NNID: Cloud6483
  • TSB.Tim NNID: Nizmo-Indian
  • TSB.Sert3.0 NNID: Sert64
  • TSB.Key NNID: KeyKeyy

Main Timezone: EST

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Please remove me from Offshore's roster (NNID: Agosta) and add WillhamBoyGenius. Unable to play Sat/Sun nights unfortunately.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I'd like to replace a member please!
Tyflo will no longer be playing in this tourney but instead we will have Rambler play. Info is as follows:

* iK Rambler | Ramble_On_Rose | @Ramble_On_Rose
Hi! I noticed you still have Tyflo on our list - he won't be playing so he could be replaced with Rambler it'd be lovely x)

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Team Name: The Squid Box
Team Captain: Cloudy
[Skype: Mokarin.Sono] Steam

Team Members:
  • TSB.Cloudy NNID: Cloud6483
  • TSB.Tim NNID: Nizmo-Indian
  • TSB.Sert3.0 NNID: Sert64
  • TSB.Key NNID: KeyKeyy

Main Timezone: EST
Is that the famous /ink/ ****poster key?

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Looks like Wes forgot to register our 5th too.

Please add danny2413 (OFF| ynnaD) to Offshore's roster as our 5th. Thanks.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Desperately hoping this is the last time that I have to update the IU rosters. This should be final. Edited the other post, but I'll copy it here too:

Inkopolis Underground A
Leader: @DeltaFixer | NNID: RCDelta | Skype: rcdeltafixer
Members: (Squidboards user | NNID)
@Skyfighter141 | DatFallenAngel
@Knightmare82 | Dirteburg32
@MuteBard | Csevere
@Vera_ | colinpy

Inkopolis Underground B
Leader: @AlpacaJesus837 | NNID: alpacajesus | Skype: alpacajesus837
Members: (Squidboards user | NNID)
@chubbylittlefox | Mariolover127
@LinkLuigi | LinkLuigi730
@Light Brand | CobaltWeavile
@Tent-attack | C_r_4_g_u_s

I may be around, I may not be. I'll try to be around though, so if needed I can assist. My skype: live:ktkres_1
Bumping. Looks like this hasn't been updated yet. This should be final.

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea
Octarian Legion is looking to get some scrims in before the tournament tomorrow. If anyones interested add me on skype (oL swifT) or send me a message.

We were hoping to do them around 5:45 - 6 pm

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
Hi! I noticed you still have Tyflo on our list - he won't be playing so he could be replaced with Rambler it'd be lovely x)
Hey the messfest has been postponed specifically for this tournament so I'd really appreciate having my spot back for neokrw. I'd understand if you couldn't allow this but I want to be in this tourney and would really appreciate having my old spot back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom