• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Salty Splatoon: Competitive Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Roster, Squidboards, Skype, NNID

Squid Squad Spades
Manager: @Kat | funkyflump | FunkyFlump
Leader: @Symph | symphonia46 | Symphonia46
2: @Paradise | ES-Paradise
3: @Vylegrove | Ezreal253
4: @LittleSoundDJ | Littlesounddj
5: @Rahcazerx | Rahcazerx

Contact either me or Symph if needed.

Last edited:

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
How long do we have to complete a round?
Complete it ASAP, don't hold up the tournament. You show up at 6:30 PM to checkin, then at 7 PM EST (or beforehand it both teams checkin) all the round 1 games will start.

Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
godwit1ivy
Complete it ASAP, don't hold up the tournament. You show up at 6:30 PM to checkin, then at 7 PM EST (or beforehand it both teams checkin) all the round 1 games will start.
Sounds good. Might be a bit delayed into Sunday due to teammate availability on a Saturday night and the limited roster spots, but we will definitely have the first round finished by Sunday.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Sounds good. Might be a bit delayed into Sunday due to teammate availability on a Saturday night and the limited roster spots, but we will definitely have the first round finished by Sunday.
The point of the tournament is to have it done in one weekend. If you can't be available from 7-11 ish PM EST, then don't sign up. This is going to be a rapid-fire bracket. (From what I can tell)

Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
godwit1ivy
The point of the tournament is to have it done in one weekend. If you can't be available from 7-11 ish PM EST, then don't sign up. This is going to be a rapid-fire bracket. (From what I can tell)
Looks like we have 24 hours to complete the first round as mentioned in the rules. It just very difficult to get everyone on at the same time immediately at a designated time. If we were able to expand our teams to 8 we could probably be a little more flexible, but everyone gets busy with certain things. I guess I answered my own question.

Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
godwit1ivy
Looks like we have 24 hours to complete the first round as mentioned in the rules. It just very difficult to get everyone on at the same time immediately at a designated time. If we were able to expand our teams to 8 we could probably be a little more flexible, but everyone gets busy with certain things. I guess I answered my own question.
My apologies. Looks like rounds 1-3 are on the first day. We'll get them finished no problem.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
If you can't start your first round at 7 PM EST sharp, don't check in please. I'll disqualify any teams who aren't in motion by 7:15.

Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
godwit1ivy
If you can't start your first round at 7 PM EST sharp, don't check in please. I'll disqualify any teams who aren't in motion by 7:15.
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but this is not and cannot run like a smash tournament where you are only accountable for yourself. We have to coordinate with 4 people's schedules on one team alone. I personally don't think a 15 minute window to start a match is feasible or appropriate for a game like this. Now if we had 24 hours to complete 3 rounds, I find that a lot more do-able and more likely to be completed. I don't see the problem as long as all the matches are finished in a timely manner according to your bracket.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but this is not and cannot run like a smash tournament where you are only accountable for yourself. We have to coordinate with 4 people's schedules on one team alone. I personally don't think a 15 minute window to start a match is feasible or appropriate for a game like this. Now if we had 24 hours to complete 3 rounds, I find that a lot more do-able and more likely to be completed. I don't see the problem as long as all the matches are finished in a timely manner according to your bracket.
I've played in several dozen Dota 2 tournaments (5v5 game). I could get 5 people together at 1 time on a regular basis and we were not even very good. If you can't have 4 people on at 7 PM EST, don't checkin. I won't ask questions. Don't waste our time.

All teams should begin round 1 at 7 PM sharp. This allows the rounds to all finish and start within a nice 15 minutes window, leaving minimal downtime. Don't confuse this tournament with Ink or Sink; you're here at 7 PM, finishing your game, and then starting your next set or waiting for your opponents to finish their previous set. Ink or Sink is more comparable to a team league format, this is a standard tournament format.

Last edited:

Cherubic Cherry

Inkling
NNID
AjGreen18
Team Name: Sector Z (SquidsNextDoor)
Team Leader: SND|Cherry
Skype of team leader: CherubicCherry
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6):
SND|Cherry || AjGreen18|| CherubicCherry
SND|Jordan || DizMcFly017||
SND| Mat || FluffyTailedWolf||
SND| Chase || Dubeshac ||
SND| Rocket || RocketClauncher
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): SND
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Possibly.(rocket)
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes.
Main timezone of team: EST

Cherubic Cherry

Inkling
NNID
AjGreen18
Team Name: Sector Z (SquidsNextDoor)
Team Leader: SND|Cherry
Skype of team leader: CherubicCherry
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6):
SND|Cherry || AjGreen18|| CherubicCherry
SND|Jordan || DizMcFly017||
SND| Mat || FluffyTailedWolf||
SND| Chase || Dubeshac ||
SND| Rocket || RocketClauncher
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): SND
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Possibly.(rocket)
Main timezone of team: EST

Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
godwit1ivy
I've played in several dozen Dota 2 tournaments (5v5 game). I could get 5 people together at 1 time on a regular basis and we were not even very good. If you can't have 4 people on at 7 PM EST, don't checkin. I won't ask questions. Don't waste our time.

All teams should begin round 1 at 7 PM sharp. This allows the rounds to all finish and start within a nice 15 minutes window, leaving minimal downtime. Don't confuse this tournament with Ink or Sink; you're here at 7 PM, finishing your game, and then starting your next set or waiting for your opponents to finish their previous set. Ink or Sink is more comparable to a team league format, this is a standard tournament format.
Understandable. So why even have this as a two day tournament? If anything, you should mark off the exact times you want each round completed. If you can't be flexible on time and schedule for teams, I don't think this should be listed under public tournaments on Squidboards. Instead it should be a private tournament for those players in your specific time zone.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Understandable. So why even have this as a two day tournament? If anything, you should mark off the exact times you want each round completed. If you can't be flexible on time and schedule for teams, I don't think this should be listed under public tournaments on Squidboards. Instead it should be a private tournament for those players in your specific time zone.
It's a two day tournament namely because I don't have a great feeling for the amount of time these sets will take. I expect it won't take nearly as long as I've put up, I've put down two days as the absolute very maximum it could reasonably take. This isn't a flexible tournament, people like Roy Lee are hosting very nice tournaments if that's what you need. You seem a little flustered; you have me on Skype already we can discuss this off the thread.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
This has come to my attention sooooo....

Just so we're clear, this is a TRADITIONAL TOURNAMENT, that runs from 7 PM to about 10 or 11 PM EST. By signing up, you make it clear that your team can and will be here from 7 PM to 11 PM EST on both Saturday and Sunday. I very highly doubt that the tournament will go past 9 PM EST on Sunday, but you're still expected to be able to be here. This tournament is START TO FINISH in 1 go. I didn't realize that wasn't assumed by some people so I'll make it perfectly crystal clear here.

If you register but then something happens and you can't actually make it to the tournament at 7 PM EST sharp, simply don't check-in. That's why there's a check-in!

This is in the OP now.

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
Finalized roster for C-

Team Name: C-
Team Leader: [C-]hhipz
Skype of team leader: Chhipz
Team Members IGN and NNID’s:
[C-]hhipz | Chhipz
[C-] Ahiru | Remirei
[C-] Sheriff | SheriffCrazy
[C-] Exalt | Exalt9
[C-] Slug | PyramidSlug
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): [C-]
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): No
Main timezone of team: GMT -8 (Pacific)

Last edited:

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I'd like to replace a member please!
Tyflo will no longer be playing in this tourney but instead we will have Rambler play. Info is as follows:

* iK Rambler | Ramble_On_Rose | @Ramble_On_Rose

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Desperately hoping this is the last time that I have to update the IU rosters. This should be final. Edited the other post, but I'll copy it here too:

Inkopolis Underground A
Leader: @DeltaFixer | NNID: RCDelta | Skype: rcdeltafixer
Members: (Squidboards user | NNID)
@Skyfighter141 | DatFallenAngel
@Knightmare82 | Dirteburg32
@MuteBard | Csevere
@Vera_ | colinpy

Inkopolis Underground B
Leader: @AlpacaJesus837 | NNID: alpacajesus | Skype: alpacajesus837
Members: (Squidboards user | NNID)
@chubbylittlefox | Mariolover127
@LinkLuigi | LinkLuigi730
@Light Brand | CobaltWeavile
@Tent-attack | C_r_4_g_u_s

I may be around, I may not be. I'll try to be around though, so if needed I can assist. My skype: live:ktkres_1

Last edited:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Sorry for the double post again. I'll write the rest of this after I go scream in a corner for a while.

Please replace @MuteBard With @MissingNumbers | MissingN

Thanks and I apologize for this madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom