Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Let me toggle it for real people

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

ToastedMustard

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7808-3109-1499
They're cool and all but it feels kinda empty and soulless having a projection that makes zero noise instead of your teammates actually being there. Don't get me wrong, the projectors that follow them are sick and I understand how the players are digital instead of physical for an easy workaround for player collision, but at the very least I think there should be at least an option to switch from ghosts to people, I just feel like it would help the between game interactions feel more alive, but then again that's only like 80 seconds and most people are just using their phone anyways.

idk just felt like posting something.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I like the ghosts a lot, but I feel like it could get annoying fast if you could hear what they're doing or have them spam this way or booyah

But if it's an option you can toggle off then I wouldn't mind

Tereox

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
I agree, sound's nice but a toggle would be necessary.
Maybe the sounds could be quieter than usual to go with the quiet lobby music?
I just really like the vibe of the lobby being somewhere you can relax between matches

Cephalobro

The only thing I don't like about the holograms is that they aren't a 3D thing but more of a 2D render, it's a lot more noticeable when you try to see someone in his/her squid/octopus form from a bird's eye view, but you still only see the sides. This heavily reminds me of how the N64 did with its graphics to appear 3D with a 2D object.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
I don’t get why we even need holograms

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I would also prefer if they were whole normal models but I guess I understand if the ghosts are the best way they can make player interaction possible due to technical/network limitations. I still prefer the ghosts to nothing.

There are already weird frame-lag issues in the lobby sometimes (I heard a theory it was due to the lockers and all their items needing to be rendered with physics for some reason but I dunno if that's true at all) and maybe adding full blown player models with collision and sound would have been too much.

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i think they’re silly and fun

a toggle sounds like a good idea in theory but i see it getting complicated if, say, some players want the ghosts and others want other players physically there, collision and all. or it could be a “still no collision/having your ink affect other players/etc but besides that they take on their normal appearance and make sounds you can hear” thing, but that just sounds a little uncanny…

as a whole-lobby private battle toggle, i can see it (in addition to just being fun) serving a purpose for group practice - the one thing recon mode is missing is targets and damage numbers. but that’s not really what this thread is about, lol

the friend ghosts who hang around in your lobby telling you about their current game/recent rank-up/lucky shell-out pulls/etc. could totally be there in the flesh, though. like, they’re not moving around or making noise, there’s no issues with collision there, so…?

crows

Inkster Jr.
Premium
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6103-0887-9214
i think the holograms are a stylistic choice, not a technical limitation. i think they look cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom