Tips and Tricks

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
This thread is for the purpose of sharing your tips and tricks with others. If it's something general or weapon-specific, 's fine here! I find that when you need to change your direction fast, going into squid form and turning around really quick like with the press of ZL is faster then turning around regularly.

defritos

Inkling
Try jumping when using any of the Blaster family of weapons. It makes you a hard target to hit and since Blasters can kill in 2 shots with just the blast radius it usually can help get a kill without having to have pin point accuracy while jumping.

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
That does help a lot with blasters. My favorite blaster is the Rapid Blaster Deco for turf war and splat zones and the Luna Blaster for tower control.

defritos

Inkling
So last night I finally broke into A- after weeks of floating between B and B+. I think it had to do with the weapon set I chose. I changed from weapons that kill alot (like the Tentatek Splattershot and the Blaster weapons) to the Custom Dual Squelcher. My K/D ratio suffered a little but I won many more games. This is because I played more of a supportive role instead of always hunting for a kill. I constantly was putting down Squid Beakons to support my squad in advancing, holding or protecting territory. I also concentrated on covering the Splat Zone with ink and scaring off rollers by taking advantage of the Custom Dual Squelcher's amazing range high rate of fire.

TL;DR Custom Dual Squelcher is a great support weapon and a great alternative to those tired of the aggressive playstyles of other weapons. And the Squid Beakon may be the best sub in the game .

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
Congrats on getting to A-! I was a B a couple of days ago ,but with squad battle I quickly got to a A-. But I digress. The Custom Dual Squelcher is sooo good for Splat Zones on Port Mackeral. With the Squid beakon AND the killer wail, it's almost like a 110% win!

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
Here is a fun little trick
First make a small puddle of ink then go in there in squid form. Next slowly move forward while "squidbagging" until you reach a wall and the end you see a trail of ink you made.
This just for fun

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
Try jumping when using any of the Blaster family of weapons. It makes you a hard target to hit and since Blasters can kill in 2 shots with just the blast radius it usually can help get a kill without having to have pin point accuracy while jumping.
What about facing blasters?

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
Here's a good tip
If someone throws a splash wall and is in close proximity of the splash wall, throw a splat bomb or suction bomb. It explodes on contact with the wall becoming a dangerous burst bomb.

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
I've finally made to S rank guys, I've been putting work in Splat Zones and Rainmaker with my Tenatek Splattershot(my main). My method is to cut off any opposing teammates that try to sneak attack your team, then be a wall to prevent other teammates from the opposition.

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
What about facing blasters?
Actually, just the opposite is true if you have a short range weapon facing off against a blaster. They can kill you easily if you try to run away, my tactic as a roller is to swerve and get really close to them n splat. The reason for this is: 1. Low fire rate (you can cover 1-2 lines while they fire another shot) and 2. Accuracy (unless you're at their fireworks range, blasters have to hit direct or miss entirely. This almost always works against all blasters except Luna, which anything outranges).

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
Super jump camping Tip:

If an enemy is super jumping and you decide to camp and kill them, watch the little arrow above their landing point drain. When it is completely empty, that's when they'll land. Useful tip for snipers particularly.

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
Super jump camping Tip:

If an enemy is super jumping and you decide to camp and kill them, watch the little arrow above their landing point drain. When it is completely empty, that's when they'll land. Useful tip for snipers particularly.
O cool. I didn't know that.

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
Also, not many people seem to use this technique, but when you run out of ink (it happens) and you're in enemy ink, spam the squid button (ZL) and you will move slightly quicker. It's saved my but a few times.

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
Also, not many people seem to use this technique, but when you run out of ink (it happens) and you're in enemy ink, spam the squid button (ZL) and you will move slightly quicker. It's saved my but a few times.
I actually did that one time when I was trolling with the rollers and splatted the person who was attacking and went like "...***** just happened?"

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
You can also shoot at your feet. Even at totally empty a little drains out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom