• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Tri-Slosher: Analysis and Thoughts

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
What's that, Scoob? A Disruptor user that actually benefits from its sub, while working perfectly fine on its own? My prayers have been answered!
This pretty much. The original slosher didn't jive with me but this one is surprisingly quickly becoming one of my favorite weapons. This weapon reminds me a lot of the n-zap 85 in how the weapon, sub, and special all seamlessly flow into eachother in synergy.

Last edited:

GreenSpiny

Full Squid
The tri-slosher definitely has great utility with Disruptors and Bubbler. But I also see it as a more "in your face", ambush version of the Slosher. It kills faster than the Slosher, has a wide spread that's difficult to juke (like the Octobrush), and the Bubbler to survive in the middle of a fight. The normal Slosher then has its nice range and burst bombs, and Inkstrike to help the team from a safe distance.
Run speed doesn't affect Sloshers strangely enough
Oh gosh, is this true? I've been running run speed up subs on my Slosher, I feel kind of silly now. But good to know I guess!

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
So, I tried out this weapon myself last night, and I had quite a bit of fun with it! Definitely suited for people who are more skilled with mashing, such as an L-3 Nozzlenose (D) user or an Inkbrush (Nouveau) user. But it's still enjoyably fast and mobile, and a beast at close range. Through all my matches I took on the role of pushing into enemy territory, shutting down enemies with Disruptors and pulling out my Bubbler in any tight spots. Not my kind of weapon, but for Slosher users that want something faster, more mobile, more ink tank friendly and with a more pushy loadout, this is the weapon for you!

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Tri-Slosher is probably the best weapon with disrupters so far. It also beats the regular Jr. as Bubbler user imo, so this thing will definitely have a place in the game. Its main problem is the low range, but it's very strong as a support weapon (maybe with Bomb Range Up builds?).

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
So, I tried out this weapon myself last night, and I had quite a bit of fun with it! Definitely suited for people who are more skilled with mashing, such as an L-3 Nozzlenose (D) user or an Inkbrush (Nouveau) user. But it's still enjoyably fast and mobile, and a beast at close range. Through all my matches I took on the role of pushing into enemy territory, shutting down enemies with Disruptors and pulling out my Bubbler in any tight spots. Not my kind of weapon, but for Slosher users that want something faster, more mobile, more ink tank friendly and with a more pushy loadout, this is the weapon for you!
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mashing (that is, tapping the button as quickly as you can, with no regard for timing) is not the best way to use a Nozzlenose or Slosher. This is particularly true of Sloshers because there's a unique characteristic they have that the Nozzlenoses don't: You can buffer the input for your next attack in the middle of your attack animation.

What I mean by this is that when you press the button to perform an attack, if you then press the button again and are holding it when your attack animation finishes, you will automatically perform another attack at the earliest possible opportunity. Thus, the way to chain attacks without delay is to get into a hold-and-release cycle, holding the button down most of the time and briefly releasing it during each attack animation. This is superior to mashing in terms of both the physical effort expended and the results produced.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
This is the first time a weapon has been added that I was immediately impressed with. It splats quickly without the need for extreme accuracy, point blank range etc. It has Bubbler (very versatile special) and disrupters are finally on a weapon that doesn't suck.
The L-3 is quite a good weapon in my opinion, since it's one of the few disruptor weapons that actually has good range, accuracy, and power. Most just consider it not to great because of the whole burst fire mechanic it has.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I like this weapon. The original slosher never clicked with me, but the tri slosher is really fun. Bubbler ftw.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I should rectify some misinformation, as after actually testing, the regular Slosher has 3.2 lines of range, which is a pretty significant jump over the Tri. Adding to that are Burst Bombs and Inkstrike for even more ranged options. I find myself still going back to the regular as sometimes I just want a bit more range. Still wish Inkstrike was Killer Wail, Bomb Rush, or Inkzooka though.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Other than having general range problems, this weapon works very well as a killing front type of weapon. Due to its faster fire rate, it may even have quite a bit of chance of being a turfing front weapon.
In reference to this comment, I'd like to ask this thread a question. Is this weapon suited more for inking or killing? Personally, I think it's more of a killer, but some may say otherwise.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
In reference to this comment, I'd like to ask this thread a question. Is this weapon suited more for inking or killing? Personally, I think it's more of a killer, but some may say otherwise.
Overall I'd say the Sloshers are mostly suited for inking as a whole, but between the two, I'd say the Tri-Slosher is more suited for combat than the standard Slosher

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
For reference, the two heavy-hitting Sloshers (names currently unknown) will come with Splat Bomb Rush (normal variant) and Inkzooka (custom variant) respectively.
I know but I'm not seeing how that helps the regular Slosher's Inkstrike dilemma. They're different weapons, the main of which we don't know exactly how it plays, but it'll definitely be slower and have less range. Also both current Sloshers are great at both killing and inking, so they're perfect for both turf war and ranked.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
After messing around with it some more (in random Turf War and Ranked and squad battles), the Tri-Slosher is a very effective killer, since it has mobility-crippling with Disruptors (so you can't escape my buckety wrath) and great power (always a 2-shot, which is great) and decent speed (both on the shot and running while firing, which is nice), plus you have Bubbler for when you need to not die (or to give to teammates), which is a sweet bonus on top of everything else on the killing front.
It's alright at covering turf too, in my experience, since the sloshes are pretty quick and have alright range so you can cover decent-size areas quickly (or just give yourself a short path forward, or ink a wall in one or two shots), but kills are where this weapon is focused.

Also, @MrL1193 thanks for the tip about buffering! Never would've noticed that, and while I haven't been able to do it consistently (it's pretty tricky, haha), it definitely helped tonight!

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
So Boo and I were brainstorming a potential build for the Tri Slosher for him the other night. We ended up deciding 2 mains of Bomb Range, Cold Blooded, 6 subs of Ink Recovery, and 3 Subs of Main Ink Save.

As I went to bed, he hopped into ranked to test it and told him to tell me how it worked for him in the morning. He was S+6 when I left. I woke up with a picture in my phone of him at S+99 twirling the Tri-Slosher in the win pose lol

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
So Boo and I were brainstorming a potential build for the Tri Slosher for him the other night. We ended up deciding 2 mains of Bomb Range, Cold Blooded, 6 subs of Ink Recovery, and 3 Subs of Main Ink Save.

As I went to bed, he hopped into ranked to test it and told him to tell me how it worked for him in the morning. He was S+6 when I left. I woke up with a picture in my phone of him at S+99 twirling the Tri-Slosher in the win pose lol
Pft XD. I congratulate him on that! I'm stuck in the Bs currently so I guess I have a lot to live up to here.

Anyways, as for builds, I'd say some main-exclusive abilities that would be good here would be Ink Resistance Up, since this is a pushy weapon and getting stuck in enemy ink is common, Recon, so you know where the enemies are before jumping back/swimming back to the battlefield to kill them, and Bomb Sniffer, to see if people might be baiting your push with Inkmines or unexpected Seekers. For some stackable abilities I'd recommend Defense Up, Bomb Range Up and ESPECIALLY Special Duration Up. Special Saver might not be a bad idea as well.

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
The original Slosher is also a 2HKO. Also I wouldn't really call this one any less accurate, the main shot still goes directly forward, but the side shots are kind of random.

I'm liking this weapon. My favorite weapons are the Inkbrush Nouveau and the Jr because of their support utility, and the Tri-slosher manages to fulfill the same role while also standing out as unique. It's much more aggressive than the Nouveau since it's got more range, though not as aggressive as the Jr since it lacks the Splat Bomb. The Disrupter coupled with the Bubbler gives it some really really nice team utility, and in a way I'd say it has more utility than either the Nouveau or Jr can bring. Compared to the regular Slosher, it still performs roughly the same way in that it can hit people on the other side of walls or obstacles, and it has about the same ink coverage and about the same kill speed as far as I can tell. However, since it lacks burst bombs, and the range of the main shot is slightly botched, you'll find it harder to go for kills on distant enemies. That nerfed offensive power is made up for by its support abilities, though.

In the few matches I played with it in Turf and Splat Zone I used the disrupter as much as possible to hinder the enemy players for my teammates. I feel like I'm looking at the Disrupter in a new light kind of; when I've used it for other weapons such as the nozzlenose, it was mainly an offensive tool to aid in chasing someone down. On the slosher, I use it constantly for team utility by prodding at enemy players from far away so that my teammates can move in and splat them. It's amazing how just hitting someone with one can scare them enough to make them retreat from an advantageous position (although, if you're smart you would stay your ground and shoot). By poking at enemies with the disrupter, granting teammates a bubbler to go in with, and using my ability to splat from below walls / behind obstacles, I was able to provide a good amount of support and there was a particular splat zone match where I really helped turn it around.

For gear, I kept my Zekko Hoodie that I wear when I play the Nouveau, but Ninja Squid actually might not really be all that necessary since you aren't sneaking up on people to assassinate. My current theory is that Special Duration Up and Bomb Range Up might be the most important abilities, for me at least, because that extends the duration of your all-important bubbler and allows you to disrupt enemies from farther away. Like I said, ninja squid probably isn't a necessity for this and I might go with Recon for added team support, or just go for more SDU/BRU. Other potentially good gear abilities might be Special Saver (if you die, you lose your bubbler progress, so this is very handy and I'd shoot to have a few subs at least of this, or even prioritize it over bomb range but I wouldn't prioritize it over special duration), and Ink Recovery (The original Slosher only got 13 shots until the tank emptied, I didn't count for this one but I'm sure it's similar. So that definitely helps alleviate that, and it helps recover ink after throwing out a disrupter, which I want to be able to do as often as possible).

So yeah, I think it looks like a great support weapon and I want to use it a lot more in the future. I'm glad that people who like the bubbler support playstyle now have 3 weapons to choose from. (That said, I think you can use it in a non-supportive way, but I think it's a great support weapon!)
I've been using Comeback with Swim and Run Speed Up, and Ink Refill Up. Been working great for me. I think I have a little Special Duration Up too

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I've been using Comeback with Swim and Run Speed Up, and Ink Refill Up. Been working great for me. I think I have a little Special Duration Up too
Oooh Comeback would be really good for this weapon, especially if a teamate places offensive Squid Beakons around. Quick Super Jump would be a good ability to help with that aspect.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oooh Comeback would be really good for this weapon, especially if a teamate places offensive Squid Beakons around. Quick Super Jump would be a good ability to help with that aspect.
Tri-Slosher + Sploosh-o-matic Squad, anyone? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom