• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tri-Slosher: Analysis and Thoughts

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
About the Tri-Slosher Nouveau...it's the slosher except with a seeker and an echolocater instead of disrupter and bubbler.

What do you guys think about that combination with the slosher? I for one, think it's bad. The seeker seems like an obvious choice since it can perfectly make up for the your poor range. I've often had times where I just can't do anything about that jet squelcher or duel squelcher in front of me. No matter how much I disrupt him, or use the bubbler, he just pushes me back, and I can't get in. The seeker would make up for that, and also force your enemy to move while giving you a direct route to your enemy. It solves probably the tri-slosher's biggest problem.

BUT...I don't like it. I'd much prefer a suction bomb, or a splash wall. The splash wall is obvious, and allows you to get in close quickly. The suction bomb, essentially forces your enemy out of the advantageous position he has against you.

However, with the seekers, bomb range doesn't matter anymore, which is a very good ability for the normal tri-slosher, so that should free up some room for ink recoveries or defence up or whatever you fancy.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
About the Tri-Slosher Nouveau...it's the slosher except with a seeker and an echolocater instead of disrupter and bubbler.

What do you guys think about that combination with the slosher? I for one, think it's bad. The seeker seems like an obvious choice since it can perfectly make up for the your poor range. I've often had times where I just can't do anything about that jet squelcher or duel squelcher in front of me. No matter how much I disrupt him, or use the bubbler, he just pushes me back, and I can't get in. The seeker would make up for that, and also force your enemy to move while giving you a direct route to your enemy. It solves probably the tri-slosher's biggest problem.

BUT...I don't like it. I'd much prefer a suction bomb, or a splash wall. The splash wall is obvious, and allows you to get in close quickly. The suction bomb, essentially forces your enemy out of the advantageous position he has against you.

However, with the seekers, bomb range doesn't matter anymore, which is a very good ability for the normal tri-slosher, so that should free up some room for ink recoveries or defence up or whatever you fancy.
Yea, normal slosher with its range might could use that sub/special combo efficiently, or at least try, but the tri slosher is already short on range so losing the ability to hinder foes with disruptors, and not make up for it with a bomb or something doesn't help it at all. Granted seeker is like a bomb, but yea. And while fast the tri slosher doesn't have the ohko potential of the deco carbon roller if it were to swim along with a seeker.

Echolocator is useful to anyone, so nothing really bad to say about it. We'll see though, I feel bubbler/disruptor is more useful though.

Reactions: LAG

LAG

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lag
Disruptor + Bubbler is going to be more consistent than Seeker + Echolocator simply because the ladder kit helps the Tri-Slosher's problems moreso than the other kit.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Tried this out specifically to deal with my weaknesses in TC and I am surprised at its effectiveness. I'm playing at S rank and I normally dread trying out new weapons, but it fit right into my playstyle, when I had literally never used any sloshers before. Only issues I had were dealing with faster shooters like the TTK, or those with walls.

I was originally a TTK user on TC, but I became frustrated when I thought that the inkzooka wasn't as effective when riding or trying to deal with riders on the tower. With disruptors, I can still affect combat even when I can't directly attack the tower, and the added options of approach due to the slosher's angled attack just lowered the chances of bad approaches even further. My style of play before with the TTK was always very versatile, but I was frustrated because no matter what I was doing on TC, I felt I wasn't performing optimally. With the angled slosher attacks, disruptors, and bubbler, I always have the tools to help in any situation.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
If anything, this is probably the weapon I'd call my favourite. The Tri-Slosher is so silly and cute yet lethal at the same time. I use it in most Tower Control maps, with most focus on utilising the Bubbler: I generally like riding the Tower regardless of weapon but the Tri-Slosher seems in its element there rather than elsewhere in the battle.

I like how a single 'slosh' aimed directly anywhere on the floor of the Tower perfectly covers it all, which helps refresh quickly if one has been under fire but remained on board. Similarly, it and the standard Slosher are wonderful at climbing any walls whose height doesn't exceed their range, as the 'falling' ink in the arc covers the entire surface below where was aimed at, so it's not bad at jumping off and onto the Tower for evasive manoeuvres.

I do find that this weapon isn't capable of winning the great majority of close face-offs and does require treacherous behaviour to get the head-start. Its range and lack of an offensive Sub appear to be its main weaknesses; the Nouveau really doesn't seem to improve on that very well, although I've only got around 10,000p inked with that variant so haven't fully grasped the ins and outs.

Its lower range means that there are some TC maps in which it barely hits the Tower when defending, because it has different heights based on the stage. In cases of tall Towers, unless the defending area has suitable raised platforms and enough open space to make effective shots (e.g. Blackbelly), I prefer to go for the Sloshing Machine. It also loses a great asset in stages such as Triggerfish where there's a high risk of falling into water: here, Bubbler pushes are much shorter-lived, with the sole upside being that about half of the Special Gauge is retained if one is taken out shortly after using it.

Outside of Ranked, I'd remark that I'm always surprised at what low scores I receive in Turf Wars using this weapon. I'm really unsure why that may be, as it has, as far as I can tell, the greatest coverage with a single slosh of its family, which, coupled with greatest ink efficiency and rate of fire, seems to imply that it should get consistently higher scores than its other family members. Perhaps its difficulty in approaching guarded areas means I tend to hang around on the fringe of my side and not get much turf after the initial push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom