• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tri-Slosher: Analysis and Thoughts

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Maybe sometime! But if you want to, PM me about it XD. This thread is for discussing the Tri-Slosher!
Actually I was just throwing an idea for a Squad; I don't really use either weapon as I'm a purely defensive player, sorry :oops::splashwall:

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
Maybe sometime! But if you want to, PM me about it XD. This thread is for discussing the Tri-Slosher!
Add me. NNID Jeffrizzel. I'm down for that kind of squad battle. I will probably be on tomorrow.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Been running Bomb range up goggles with x3 special duration up, Cold blooded with x3 ink saver sub, and ink resist shoes with x3 ink saver main.

I'm quickly growing to love this weapon so much.

also didn't know about that trick when using the slosher. Gonna have to practice the press then hold technique :D

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
Been running Bomb range up goggles with x3 special duration up, Cold blooded with x3 ink saver sub, and ink resist shoes with x3 ink saver main.

I'm quickly growing to love this weapon so much.

also didn't know about that trick when using the slosher. Gonna have to practice the press then hold technique :D
What is the "Press then Hold" technique? I never heard of that.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
What is the "Press then Hold" technique? I never heard of that.
It's mentioned on the first page of this thread :P

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mashing (that is, tapping the button as quickly as you can, with no regard for timing) is not the best way to use a Nozzlenose or Slosher. This is particularly true of Sloshers because there's a unique characteristic they have that the Nozzlenoses don't: You can buffer the input for your next attack in the middle of your attack animation.

What I mean by this is that when you press the button to perform an attack, if you then press the button again and are holding it when your attack animation finishes, you will automatically perform another attack at the earliest possible opportunity. Thus, the way to chain attacks without delay is to get into a hold-and-release cycle, holding the button down most of the time and briefly releasing it during each attack animation. This is superior to mashing in terms of both the physical effort expended and the results produced.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I just press the trigger button at regular intervals. Very nice that Sloshers fire shots one after another as soon as it can without having to be frame perfect! *cough*Nozzlenose*cough*

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
I just press the trigger button at regular intervals. Very nice that Sloshers fire shots one after another as soon as it can without having to be frame perfect! *cough*Nozzlenose*cough*
I think that works good enough. I tried pressing and then pressing as quickly as I could right after and holding, but if you do it they way you won't actually fire another shot. You need a little delay....

Jet Uppercut

Senior Squid
Some interesting things with the Tri-Slosher:
You lose a deceptively small amount of range when jumping with the Tri-Slosher. It's about 1/5th a length in the shooting range and it only counts outside of normal kill range, but it's enough to put you at a disadvantage against other short range weapons. So try not to jump.
Jumping also doesn't increase bullet spread.
Due to the projectiles having a forced arc, similar to the roller's, damage falloff has a much greater effect. Anyone below you becomes a 3-hit kill instead of a 2-hit. So try to stay level or attack up slopes.
You can attack again immediately after the projectiles have all left the bucket. This is about the same point as when the bucket is the furthest forward. Pressing the button before that does nothing.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You lose a deceptively small amount of range when jumping with the Tri-Slosher. It's about 1/5th a length in the shooting range and it only counts outside of normal kill range, but it's enough to put you at a disadvantage against other short range weapons. So try not to jump.
Due to the projectiles having a forced arc, similar to the roller's, damage falloff has a much greater effect. Anyone below you becomes a 3-hit kill instead of a 2-hit. So try to stay level or attack up slopes.
You can attack again immediately after the projectiles have all left the bucket. This is about the same point as when the bucket is the furthest forward. Pressing the button before that does nothing.
Actually the Sloshers' damage works different than shooters. There's 2 main damage areas (there could be more, though, but the idea still applies), the tip of the attack that deals full damage and the "trail" that deals reduced damage. If the tip hits the enemy, regardless of whether the ink is landing on top of them instead of a direct hit or if the "trail" hits them first, it'll deal the same damage as a direct hit (62 for the Tri-Slosher if I recall correctly). However, if only the trail's ink hits the enemy the damage dealt will be less, often requiring an extra hit. Basically, hitting enemies with the tip of your attack will let you splat them in 2 hits in any case (even over walls!)

Jet Uppercut

Senior Squid
Actually the Sloshers' damage works different than shooters. There's 2 main damage areas (there could be more, though, but the idea still applies), the tip of the attack that deals full damage and the "trail" that deals reduced damage. If the tip hits the enemy, regardless of whether the ink is landing on top of them instead of a direct hit or if the "trail" hits them first, it'll deal the same damage as a direct hit (62 for the Tri-Slosher if I recall correctly). However, if only the trail's ink hits the enemy the damage dealt will be less, often requiring an extra hit. Basically, hitting enemies with the tip of your attack will let you splat them in 2 hits in any case (even over walls!)
The slosher fires 8 projectiles. 1 main large projectile, 3 line shaped projectiles for it's trail, 2 medium sized side projectiles and 2 smaller line shaped projectiles for their trail. Each of these projectiles deal 62 damage.
They are all fixed ark projectiles, that behave exactly like roller projectiles except they are arranged in a fixed spread pattern. Once they have completed their ark, they are effected by damage falloff, which effects all the projectiles except the main projectile almost immediately due to their short arc, this causes them to deal reduced damage against enemies who's heads are level with your feet. The main projectile has a longer, lower arc and so damage falloff takes a little longer to effect it, but anyone an inkling in height lower than you will be outside of 2-hit kill range.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The slosher fires 8 projectiles. 1 main large projectile, 3 line shaped projectiles for it's trail, 2 medium sized side projectiles and 2 smaller line shaped projectiles for their trail. Each of these projectiles deal 62 damage.
They are all fixed ark projectiles, that behave exactly like roller projectiles except they are arranged in a fixed spread pattern. Once they have completed their ark, they are effected by damage falloff, which effects all the projectiles except the main projectile almost immediately due to their short arc, this causes them to deal reduced damage against enemies who's heads are level with your feet. The main projectile has a longer, lower arc and so damage falloff takes a little longer to effect it, but anyone an inkling in height lower than you will be outside of 2-hit kill range.
I'll have to test that on my own later >_>

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
I think maxing out the ink saver sub potential is the best for this weapon, but I think Bomb range up needs to be buffed. The effect is so marginal. Just half a line more for each. I'd much rather max out saver sub, then saver main, leave the rest to settling for it because I "don't like the way that equipment looks" etc.

Last edited:

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think maxing out the ink saver sub potential is the best for this weapon, but I think Bomb range up needs to be buffed. The effect is so marginal. Just half a line more for each. I'd much rather max out saver sub, then saver main, leave the rest to settling for it because I "don't like the way that equipment looks" etc.
I believe it also affects throwing distance while moving and jumping (needs testing). I'd guess Nintendo didn't want people bombarding the enemy from across the map by combining ways to increase sub throwing distance. Besides, most abilities (if not all) do not have a very large bonus to stats

LAG

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lag
That said, Jumping has its uses with this weapon: jumping lets you hit over walls (and 2HKO), and it allows you to close the distance between you and charges (like Splatterscope) and potentially avoid a lethal hit.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
As much as I like this weapon, the Slosher is still my favorite bucket. More range is always better, but also necessary here so you can take advantage of their ability to attack over things. Also Burst Bombs are just so damn good, and don't even get me started on the Deco!

But think of it this way, each one increases it's range tier. With one main it's comparable to Splattershot Pro/.96 Gal/Dual Squelcher, with two Jet Squelcher/Heavy Splatling/Bamboozler range. I'd say that's pretty significant.

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
As much as I like this weapon, the Slosher is still my favorite bucket. More range is always better, but also necessary here so you can take advantage of their ability to attack over things. Also Burst Bombs are just so damn good, and don't even get me started on the Deco!

But think of it this way, each one increases it's range tier. With one main it's comparable to Splattershot Pro/.96 Gal/Dual Squelcher, with two Jet Squelcher/Heavy Splatling/Bamboozler range. I'd say that's pretty significant.

Yea you're right. Plus I was wrong about Ink Saver Sub. I thought it reduced sub ink usage by 75%, but it actually reduces it by 25%. It's not worth it at all for the slosher or tri-slosher. Bomb rage up is much better.

I prefer the tri-slosher even though it doesn't have the range, because of it's faster rate of fire. Also I'm not very accurate at all. I never got used to both analogue sticks being at the top (and I don't like the motion controls either).

Last edited:
The Slosher is one of my best weapons, but the Tri-Slosher quickly became my best weapon, no doubt.
While the range on the regular Slosher is useful, I find the speed of the Tri-Slosher more useful than it (regular feels so very slow now...), and I find myself winning firefights more often with the Tri.
I'm not exactly sure what makes the Tri-Slosher my best, I figured it was the melee capability combined with the Bubbler, but as I examined my play, I don't even use the Bubbler all that much, and I still do better with this than any other weapon. I suppose it's the reduced need of precise aim (I'm not very good at aiming quickly) and being able to kill flanking or backstabbing enemies with a turn-around attack fairly easily. In short, I'm sortof a flail fighter... though I still go after people directly and win direct confrontations, even with long range weapons.
Overall, I guess it's just the right balance for me of range and kill potential.

The weird thing is that I don't use the Disruptors. A lot of wasted potential there, for sure...

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
The Slosher is one of my best weapons, but the Tri-Slosher quickly became my best weapon, no doubt.
While the range on the regular Slosher is useful, I find the speed of the Tri-Slosher more useful than it (regular feels so very slow now...), and I find myself winning firefights more often with the Tri.
I'm not exactly sure what makes the Tri-Slosher my best, I figured it was the melee capability combined with the Bubbler, but as I examined my play, I don't even use the Bubbler all that much, and I still do better with this than any other weapon. I suppose it's the reduced need of precise aim (I'm not very good at aiming quickly) and being able to kill flanking or backstabbing enemies with a turn-around attack fairly easily. In short, I'm sortof a flail fighter... though I still go after people directly and win direct confrontations, even with long range weapons.
Overall, I guess it's just the right balance for me of range and kill potential.

The weird thing is that I don't use the Disruptors. A lot of wasted potential there, for sure...
I highly recommend using your subs and specials, not just on this weapon but on all weapons. If not, you will get crushed as you advance in level and rank.

iiGGYxD

Inkling
I've messed with this weapon on and off since it was released and it feels really solid. an interesting combo I tend to stick to with it is a stealth jump build with special duration up. It's very satisfying jumping to a teammate and taking out an unsuspecting squid from behind before they know what happened. With how fast this thing kills it makes it hard for other players to react and have time to retaliate at all. With bubbler and stealth jump i'm able to jump to anyone that is in a rough situation and pop bubbler to turn a bad situation into a good one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom