• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Unreleased Gear (Datamining)

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
yooooooooooooo
thanks for doing this, I've been meaning to do it for a while, but you did all the work for me :P

In order:
Clothes:
Varsity Jacket, Lumberjack Shirt, Shirtstravaganza, Black Polo
Navy College Sweat, White Puffer Tee, Charcoal Puffer Tee, Round-Collar Shirt, Logo Aloha Shirt
White LS*, Striped Peaks LS*, Gray Mixed Shirt, Gray-Reel Sweat
Layered Anchor LS*, Forest Vest, Purple Camo LS*, Squid-Stitch Tee
* (Long Sleeve)
Headgear:
Warrior Headdress, Noise Cancelers, Stealth Goggles

Shoes:
The first one is MSN001-003, which is Mission which is Octo Valley, but IDK why they're different or why there's 3 :\ They don't even have text entries
The actual shoes you get are MSN000 - Hero Runner Replicas
The others are: Green Rain Boots, Blue Sea Slugs, Custom Trail Boots

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
don't mean to be the king of nitpicking but those are muffs
to reduce noise

Sorry for the late reply, but I meant something like the above is what I want(to hide the boys tentacles but also give me headphones.) I was on mobile but now that I am a PC I do see the yellow ones are definitely ear muffs.

NamelessCrow

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TylerBlind
People are probably gonna give me **** for it, but I kinda really like the headdress, I would rock the hell out of it if it even has a half decent ability. I'd say that's the one thing I'm most excited for though, everything else is okay, but didn't really get me as excited tbh

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
People are probably gonna give me **** for it, but I kinda really like the headdress, I would rock the hell out of it if it even has a half decent ability. I'd say that's the one thing I'm most excited for though, everything else is okay, but didn't really get me as excited tbh
Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing- and I am sure everyone would agree with me. It is just the implications that it gives some people. I hope we get even more actual DLC gear like we probably will for stages after the on-disc stuff trickles out.

NamelessCrow

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TylerBlind
Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing- and I am sure everyone would agree with me. It is just the implications that it gives some people. I hope we get even more actual DLC gear like we probably will for stages after the on-disc stuff trickles out.
Exactly. As much as I love it, and think it looks awesome, there are people that would disagree with it being in game for obvious reasons. That, which is also totally understandable. But I do hope new gear comes along in DLC as well as you said, the new maps that we've seen coming out and the new weapons we have little ideas about from leaks and all that both look amazing and I'm very excited for them. I just think new gear would be phenominal and an awesome addition as well.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Exactly. As much as I love it, and think it looks awesome, there are people that would disagree with it being in game for obvious reasons. That, which is also totally understandable. But I do hope new gear comes along in DLC as well as you said, the new maps that we've seen coming out and the new weapons we have little ideas about from leaks and all that both look amazing and I'm very excited for them. I just think new gear would be phenominal and an awesome addition as well.
Well we do know two gear sets coming out as true DLC in August.

NamelessCrow

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TylerBlind
Well we do know two gear sets coming out as true DLC in August.
I heard about that, do we know which gear sets they are? Like, have they been leaked? Sorry, I'm fairly new to the forums and everything so I'm not as aware of all of this as most are hahaa

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I heard about that, do we know which gear sets they are? Like, have they been leaked? Sorry, I'm fairly new to the forums and everything so I'm not as aware of all of this as most are hahaa
The Ika Musame costume and the costume from the Japanese design contest (The octopus sushi chef) that I think are coming in August.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Meh, nothing really excites me that much. Then again, I'm more of a fan of out there choices of clothing. All the clothes I wear in real-life are Video game based. So it's hard to excite me with the standard brand clothing like I would see in real life. Could have cool stats booster though.

Native American headdresses are pretty sacred in their culture and you have to earn your right to wear one. It's not a fashion accessory and shouldn't be treated like one, it's a fairly major topic right now.
Their culture has nothing to do with my or anyone else's. If they want to police other Native American on whether they can wear a hat or not they can. However, I'm not a part of their culture. So I will wear a hat if I want.

Not to mention, this is a virtual hat. It's not a real one, and the Inklings have a different culture all together. It's not a video game's job to make sure it isn't offensive.

Which is why the hat should stay. It's a pretty cool looking hat.

I've got one last post to make re: cultural appropriation and why the headdress is a bad choice then I'll bow out and if anyone wants more clarification feel free to PM me.

To maybe explain what cultural appropriation is and why it sucks here's a comparison. Let's say a kid in the middle of China hears about this really cool thing the US does, a flag burning ceremony to retire their flag! Super cool! So they go out and order a brand new US flag, dunk it in gasoline, and toss it on a campfire. Wow, it flamed up really huge! No wonder this is something the US does, that's so cool!

Of course anyone who knows ANYTHING about the actual US flag burning ceremony would be horrified, you only do this with flags at the end of their life and you cut it into strips and burn them one stripe at a time and there's no gasoline. It's to honor the flag not to see something burn, this kid missed the entire point.

Now this kid in China didn't know this either through lack of research/talking to people from the culture or being young and not knowing any better, but it doesn't make it not pretty offensive to the actual culture it affects. This Chinese kid isn't a terrible awful person, they're just ignorant, however if someone tells them they're doing it wrong and what they're doing is actually pretty terrible and disrespectful to Americans they shouldn't respond with 'WELL IT'S NO BIG DEAL IT'S JUST A PIECE OF CLOTH IT'S NOT LIKE IT EVEN HURTS ANYONE QUIT THROWING A TANTRUM'.

But that is basically what's happening.
But...it doesn't hurt anyone.

First off with the off-topic point, I'm an American, and I find how much pride we have for our country to be a little too ridiculous and is holding us back.

Second and more importantly, the kid isn't trying to offend anyone.

All in all, and the entire reason I made this post, was to show why the headdress shouldn't be taken out. Because it isn't as bad, (or even bad at all), as people think.

I'm probably not going to wear it, but there will be some people who think it is cool.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I recommend considering taking a sociology class if you really think pop culture and media have no effect on how people are perceived and what roles they believe they fulfill and the class is interesting. I think the American Flag analogy was simply to put it in similar light, but it isn't the best metaphor. I believe the person who first mentioned it on this thread was simply just expressing their feelings and trying to bring to light some of the specific connotations that article of clothing holds for that culture. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks really cool and it'd be interesting to see more ethnic or off the wall clothing choices in Splatoon, but I do understand where people are coming from. It is a very strange choice by itself for the world of Splatoon- I know American Cowboy lore used to have a bit of a following in Japan, is that why?

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Shoes:
The first one is MSN001-003, which is Mission which is Octo Valley, but IDK why they're different or why there's 3 :\ They don't even have text entries
The actual shoes you get are MSN000 - Hero Runner Replicas
Maybe Nintendo is making a DLC singleplayer campaign, and you're gonna have a different outfit. I remember in an interview one of the Splatoon devs said that there weren't any plans to make any other amiibo pre-release so I don't think that's it.

Tmc3102

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lalababy
I do hope the headress comes out. I'm part Native American and I would love to show pride by my inkling. ALTHOUGH it might not make it by controversy like you guys are saying, but hopefully it will. Also if it does cause problems, I do hope splatoon takes it out and apologize to the people who respect it as a historial piece.

Last edited:

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Oh I've also been wondering, do we know what the main abilities/brand of these unreleased gears are?

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Oh I've also been wondering, do we know what the main abilities/brand of these unreleased gears are?
They're all unfinished and have the same default thing :\ 0 coins, 0 rarity, Bomb Range Up and one empty slot. I was working on making a list for all the brands tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom