• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ver 2.2.0 new meta

Damandatwin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Damandatwin
-if eliter is truly capped at 99.9 without a full charge it will fall off. Splatterscopes will be everywhere
I don't think this is what they did. Might be wrong but from what I understand it can still kill without a full charge if you have damage ups. It's just that you will have to charge to about 71% now instead of about 50% (with 3 damage up mains).

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I don't think this is what they did. Might be wrong but from what I understand it can still kill without a full charge if you have damage ups. It's just that you will have to charge to about 71% now instead of about 50% (with 3 damage up mains).
There is no confirmation that you can kill without a full charge. The chart floating around is based off current eliter formula. We don't know if Eliter was given the same 99.9 cap other weapons have.

Damandatwin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Damandatwin
Yes you are right, but for the other weapons that received nerfs involving OHKOs they were pretty explicit about it (rollers and blasters). Could just be an oversight, but based on the patch notes and the fact that no OHKO without a full charge would have to be hard-coded, I think the e-liter is safe on that front.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Yes you are right, but for the other weapons that received nerfs involving OHKOs they were pretty explicit about it (rollers and blasters). Could just be an oversight, but based on the patch notes and the fact that no OHKO without a full charge would have to be hard-coded, I think the e-liter is safe on that front.
Its new damage varies from 40-100. Blaster splash damage is capped at 100 (which is 99.9). I'm sure if you go into the data for nozzlenose it's also capped at 100.

I really have no doubt that Eliter is capped at 99.9 uncharged.

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
I feel bad for Carbon Roller Mains. Not only do they have to be practically on top of you to OHKO, but now they're going to have to angle their hilariously small flicks almost perfectly in the center to avoid dying.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
meaning range blaster and reg blaster since it's harder to direct hit with them
While the indirect one shoting will now be gone, the blasters never really cared about it in the first place. Also from my experience from using blasters (since I main them due to their many perks) indirect one shotting was kind of random. If anything, it was simply RNG in our favor that we never really relied on in the first place. Hell I get far more direct hits from the weapon then I ever did indirect one shots. Also, Blasters don't rely direct hits for the vast majority of their kills. The real ice cream to the weapon was and is still the 2-shot indirect kills. The mere fact that I can hit people around corners and at higher elevations efficiently allows for me to truly take advantage of my surroundings like no other weapon.

Last edited:

frostsilver

Inkling
I think that the E-Liter Scopes, the Carbon Roller, the Dynamo Roller, and the Luna Blaster will be less common, while the Splattershot Pro, Jet Squelcher, the Dual Squelcher, the .52 Gal, and the .96 Gal will be more common.

Bowrock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
N.Bowrock
I do have problems dealing with rollers, blasters and E-liters, but that's not because they're "OP". The problem is lag. I hope that nintendo would make something like regional lobbies at some point. Of course it makes waiting times longer, but that is minor problem compared to lagging Japanese players. I have been killed many, many times by a roller that jumped past me or somebody i splatted before they could emerge from their ink. Enemy swimming in my color of ink, E-liter splatting me behind a corner and so on. The lag is most probably the reason I will be stuck between A+ and S ranks forever: I can get to S rank quite easily, but I drop almost immediately.

Also, leading team's special charging seems like really stupid. All it does is makes comebacks harder.

Last edited:

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
When it comes down to Rollers and Blasters I feel that if you are good at aiming and situational awareness then you should have no issue transitioning to this update. I feel these changes were made to accommodate some BS factor that oversimplified the use of the weapon.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
Hopefully, there be more nzap and duel squechler love but another that I don't see much change.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
The patch is here, and I'm here to confirm on the Krak-on Roller. Its effective range has also been nerfed, even though it wasn't noted. The effective range, is the range at which the weapon starts OHKO'ing. It doesn't matter if you hit with the center of the roller either.

In other news, you basically run at full speed when shooting the nzap. This is w/o any run spd ups

D

Deleted Member

The patch is here, and I'm here to confirm on the Krak-on Roller. Its effective range has also been nerfed, even though it wasn't noted. The effective range, is the range at which the weapon starts OHKO'ing. It doesn't matter if you hit with the center of the roller either.

In other news, you basically run a lt full speed when shooting the nzap. This is w/o any run spd ups
That's insane.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Gave a try to the Splash Wall on the testing area. There's now a quite significant delay between throwing the wall and ink starting to recharge again, so better not throw that thing when you're not at almost full tank if you're not planning on running away. Gonna test it in the field to get a feel on how much fire it can handle now.

D

Deleted Member

E-Liter 3K still does 52.0 damage with uncharged shots using all Damage Ups. And it OHKOs at around 60% of a charge with all Damage Ups. Dynamo has barely been changed.

ggs no re

Katastrphik

Full Squid
NNID
allidactyl
-Looks like the E-Litre can still kill with uncharged shots using damage up. 3 Main dmg ups requires ~3/4 of a charge to kill now.

-Uncentered roller flicks do base 50.0 dmg.
-Max distance flicks seem to bottom out at 25.0 dmg.
-Out-of-ink flicks do base 50.0 dmg now.

Not sure about the "Balanced the amount of damage given when the roller is repeatedly swung". I can't notice any staling of dmg in the test area.

Also can't speak to the Default roller losing any range. Didn't have the foresight to have footage of the exact ranges.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Gave a try to the Splash Wall on the testing area. There's now a quite significant delay between throwing the wall and ink starting to recharge again, so better not throw that thing when you're not at almost full tank if you're not planning on running away. Gonna test it in the field to get a feel on how much fire it can handle now.
After watching a couple of streamers and testing it out in Turf Wars, a single Splat Bomb or Suction Bomb will destroy the wall pretty much instantly. Walls also melt very quickly under focus fire as well.

Also, the N-Zap movement buff change is a pretty significant difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom