• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ver 2.2.0 Patch notes out

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
Oh no there goes my tiny amount of superbuffed aoe with luna blaster. Now I can actually spend my skills on other good stuff instead of 3 Damage Up clogging my stuff.

But yea seriously where is that Ink Mine Buff?? Its still literally garbage. Neo needs to come out soon pls.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
What kind of buff could ink mines get? I've used outloads with it for a while and found it rather useful.

Also, I just want to add. All you sad dynamos unable to fling like before shpuld give sloshers a shot. 2HKO, great outloads, and fab coverage. Roller flingers, they are there for YOU. Use them.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
What kind of buff could ink mines get? I've used outloads with it for a while and found it rather useful.

Also, I just want to add. All you sad dynamos unable to fling like before shpuld give sloshers a shot. 2HKO, great outloads, and fab coverage. Roller flingers, they are there for YOU. Use them.
Ink mines could explode nearly immediately. Or maybe they do not aflash a light.

Samura1man

Inkling
NNID
samura1man
After I heard about these new patch notes, I was glad Blasters getting nerf, those weapons honestly deserved it, OHKO without aiming well was honestly frustrating, well I can say same about rollers, even when I main rollers. Blasters and Roller nerfs are fair and understable, I don't mind those nerfs, because I will still keep using Dynamo, no matter how much they nerf it, people who were just braindeads and doesn't know how to use rollers effectively will just drop out using rollers.

And about E-Litres, I can say same, people will just drop it out, nerf was too big I would say, they would have made it less stronger, but not as that you have to fully charge it to get a kill, I talk about a scoped E-Litres.

And finally they noticed and fixed S/S+ rank scoring system, I don't play solo queue anymore, because I got S+99, but it's really satisfying I got there with this bad scoring system (+2/-8), in 2.2.0 patch it will become a bit easier to reach S+99.

There are many many other changes, I'm not into those weapons like Splattershot pro or N-Zaps, but I'm cool with these changes, Splatoon developers really care and want nerf/buff certain weapons to not make them unfair. For example: It's hard to deal with E-Litre when player has amazing aim, so they nerfed it.

I approve these changes.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
They could be remotely activated where you can choose when it explodes. Either that or just have them stay the same but decrease the detonation time like Captain Norris said.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
If Ink Mines were buffed, they'd be even more of a nightmare to deal with in Tower Control.

I wish my teammates wouldn't immediately get on the tower if one of our opponents were using something like, say...a Luna Blaster. (Seriously, you know they're going to leave an Ink Mine on the tower as a consolation prize)

I will dearly miss the Inkzooka, though. That was my favorite special in the game.

Sunstone

NNID
Paleamethyst
Ink mines could explode nearly immediately. Or maybe they do not aflash a light.
If they didn't flash and beep immediately before going off, you couldn't escape one if you triggered it. It's the same as the grenades clinking as they roll or the boing of a sticky attaching. It's part of the balancing of it.

I always treated them as more of a deterrent. They are perfect for tripping up players chasing you or catching them sneaking along a corridor. It's very satisfying to trap someone while it's blaring at them before the splat.

So yeah, ink mines are fine.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I've said earlier that Mines would be way better if they behaved more like Sprinklers, they dentonate only if a new one is placed or the owner gets splatted. If this actually gets implemented i feel that Mines would actually become useful.

As it stands right now, it's a underwhelming sub that's a liability on every weapon, my biggest issue i have with it is it's very short lifespan. Having it last 10-11 seconds, during which you cannot place a new one is far too punishing with little reward. Each time it expires you have to move back in a suitable position to replace it, costing you 40% ink every time. Not only does it last a meager 11 seconds, it actually starts glowing at the 9-10 mark warning foes in advance. That's ridiculous and not worth it. The only good things it can do is placing it on the tower or on a SJ marker but not much else.

Suction Bombs with it's longer fuse time can serve way better as traps, stick one around the corner when someone tries to sneak up on you works way better than Ink Mines. I think Suction is better at doing the things Mines do in every single way.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
The only way I can see to buff Ink Mines, is to remove the detonation-timer.
So it only explodes if someone triggers it or if you lay a new Ink Mine.

That is about my only gripe about this Sub.
After you laid the mine, you cannot use it again, after it exploded.
It is a stupid limit IMO.

EDIT: I was ninja'd.
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU...
Oh well...

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Ink Mines need to warn their victim of what's about to happen, otherwise they would be a ridiculous sub to face. When creating weapons you gotta think on how both the user and the target deal with it, and an invisible bomb that could be activated under their feet at any time is not fun to deal with. Not only that, but remote activated mines that only explode on command would also encourage camping strategies on their users since you can't just set it and forget it, and unlike camping snipers they wouldn't even have the courtesy to paint territory and keep a large area clear while doing so.

Putting multiple mines would also get ridiculous. "Wanna get into our territory? Here's a row of Ink Mines for ya!"

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Nobody said it should be manually detonated.
The "Only 1 mine at a time" rule is reasonable.

Still I feel it should only detonate if someone triggers it.
And if you place a new one, the previous one would either detonate as if the current time-limit runs out, or just disappear without exploding.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Nobody said it should be manually detonated.
I've said earlier that Mines would be way better if they behaved more like Sprinklers, they dentonate only if a new one is placed or the owner gets splatted.
Being able to place a new one while having the previous one dissapear might be a good idea, but I can already see situations where the new mine you placed gets rid of a mine that was just about to turn a bad guy into an inkstain on the ground. That oughta make for some good "WTH just happened...?" stories.

Sunstone

NNID
Paleamethyst
Exactly! You guys aren't thinking from the reciever's end of a mine.

Also, I feel it must be mentioned, is that it doesn't just sit for ten seconds, it immediately detonates, no matter where it was on said timer, as soon as another player gets close. It's not a camping tool, but it is a device to lure players into a trap!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Being able to place a new one while having the previous one dissapear might be a good idea, but I can already see situations where the new mine you placed gets rid of a mine that was just about to turn a bad guy into an inkstain on the ground. That oughta make for some good "WTH just happened...?" stories.
I see what you're mean, but that's not what i'm intending to happen. One mine on the field is enough, so if the user wants to place a new one the older one must explode, otherwise you're stuck with multiple mines. Even if you use this to improvise blowing up old mines manually, it'd have no big effect on Ink Mines in general because they also usually explode when someone walks over it, making remote detonation unnecessary.

I don't want to backseat here but this is also getting awfully off-topic??

Sunstone

NNID
Paleamethyst
Yeah, but at least it did span from the wonder as to why ink mines weren't buffed with all the other changes.

D

Deleted Member

If you want to buff Ink Mines, let them last indefinitely until the user dies / places a new one down / or goes off from being stepped on or ink on. Also make the old ink mine explode if you place a new one down.

If you were to reduce the time of the detonation, it would have to be very small. Like Brunosky said earlier, they give you just enough time to escape. Maybe shorten the detonation time a frame or two tops.

Does anyone have footage of the changes to the Krak on splat roller? Also will the Krak on be able to still one hit kill by rolling over people or will it only be able to do it with the center of the roller? If it can't one hit kill like that, then it will be just like the carbon roller, not being able to kill by rolling.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
If they didn't flash and beep immediately before going off, you couldn't escape one if you triggered it. It's the same as the grenades clinking as they roll or the boing of a sticky attaching. It's part of the balancing of it.

I always treated them as more of a deterrent. They are perfect for tripping up players chasing you or catching them sneaking along a corridor. It's very satisfying to trap someone while it's blaring at them before the splat.

So yeah, ink mines are fine.
nonono my examples were either or. Not meant to be paired together. I think a lower light for the ink mines, or not any at all. this would allow Bomb Sniffer to bea bit more viable as well, otherwise people would have to rely on just hearing for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom