• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Ver 2.2.0 Patch notes out

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
Not so happy about the E-Liter nerf :/ (I'm an E-Liter user, in case you couldn't guess x'D ) But I guess I'll try to roll with what others have said about "their" weapon nerfs, I'll try to see how it works out and how I will be able to work with it. I just became friends with my E-liter relatively recentlly, I don't actually want to switch it out for a different Charger. I'll just press on, somehow.
Will also have to see how the Inkzooka changes work out. Of course they had to do this right in the middle of my Octoshot run...

But yes, hooray for Blaster nerfs, these things seriously needed some changes.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Added this to the OP

Stage Adjustments
  • Walleye Warehouse: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Rainmaker Mode
  • Saltspray Rig: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from placing Splash Walls in certain places
  • Arowana Mall: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes
  • Kelp Dome: Small adjustments will be made for Rainmaker mode
  • Flounder Heights: In addition to changing the stage layout in Rainmaker, other adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes and to prevent the attachment of Suction Bombs in certain places
  • Hammerhead bridge: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yeah I'm actually fine with that Roller nerf, feared it's hitbox might be reduced to the size of a normal bullet so thank goodness that's not the case! Still woulda liked an Inkstrike buff for my Slosher but whatever. :L

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
This update is definitely going to shake things up.

Hopefully, things will work out.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
The Luna Blaster is basically dead after this patch...damage AND Inkzooka nerf is just too much

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Overall, I am super excited to see some change in this format and I think overall it will make the weapon variety increase rather than seeing 2/3 walls, eliter, tenta.
Excuse me, I think this Splash Wall user missed the memo. Since when did 2/3 of players use weapons with Splash Walls?

I'll have to change my .52 Gal game a little, but I'll stay loyal to the little guy.

The Luna Blaster is basically dead after this patch...damage AND Inkzooka nerf is just too much
It can still 1-hit splat and covers a large area, so I don't see the "ruined forever!" fear for that weapon.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Hmm... I didn't think about that, and on top of the fact that Ink Mines are already pretty weak the Luna did actually got nerfed pretty hard...

I guess its just something I'll have to deal with then, the Luna will still be useable though. lol

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
It can still 1-hit splat and covers a large area, so I don't see the "ruined forever!" fear for that weapon.
Well ,other Blasters offer a 1-hit splat too...and more range AND a better special...so I don't see a good reason to use it anymore. And yeah,the Neo version is better then considering the special but still less range

Justice

Inkster Jr.
NNID
danny2413
Excuse me, I think this Splash Wall user missed the memo. Since when did 2/3 of players use weapons with Splash Walls?
Uh hello where have you been? Every top clan plays either double 96 or 96, 52 combo. You dont always see the 3rd one but it does happen but you pretty much always see the 2.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
but hey doesn't having something nerfed will allow the user of those weapons or specials will have to adjust to the change
i have too with the Octoshot and Octobrush
mainly i might use the kraken for defense than offense
the inkzooka i see why it was nerfed but it still won't stop me using my octoshot

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Well ,other Blasters offer a 1-hit splat too...and more range AND a better special...so I don't see a good reason to use it anymore. And yeah,the Neo version is better then considering the special but still less range
Not having a dead zone enemys can just rush inside and easily kill you is a pretty significant advantage, as is the higher fire rate especially since Blasters are gonna have to 2HKO more often now. Debateable as to which specials are better, but aside from Inkstrike all Blasters have good ones so that doesn't really matter.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Oh right, clans. Not a competitive scene follower, so I'm just going from what I see in the wild.
Well I've noticed in the higher ranks (more commonly between A+ to S+) I've seen a lot more players use weapons with Splash Walls in both solo and squad ranked matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom