Weapon rework buffs, go!

Mayo Lanson

Inkling
An example is like Squiffer charging midair.
For me, I'd want to see Undercover Brella get anything at this point:
  • Faster fire rate when shield breaks
  • Big jumps for flanking, like what we'd joked about for Chill's mid-season patch
  • Shield breaks bombs
  • Shield reflects bombs
  • Big damage when opponent touches the brella

MintyMisc

Mint Chocto
Premium
Pronouns
She/They
Slightly increased damage on the first painbrush swing only, minimum damage 31 -> 35, max damage 60 -> 65

SquidAbortions

Senior Squid
Bamboo buffs? Paint buff and I was going to suggest charge in the air ? but that seems a little dumb. Will look at other ppl's reply for bamboo buffs.

octo999

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1946-0179-8102
Bamboo buffs? Paint buff and I was going to suggest charge in the air ? but that seems a little dumb. Will look at other ppl's reply for bamboo buffs.
Bamboo doesn’t really need a buff other than a paint fix
It needs a kit that isn’t as slow as it current one

Mayo Lanson

Inkling
For goo tuber, I'd like to make use of its long charge hold gimmick. So I would give goo tuber the ability to slowly charge its shot while charge holding
Nice one!
Also just thought of this: what if Splattershot Nova did bonus damage to located enemies? Just enough to make it a 4 shot kill

Lilac0

Inkster Jr.
For me, I'd want to see Undercover Brella get anything at this point:
  • Faster fire rate when shield breaks
  • Big jumps for flanking, like what we'd joked about for Chill's mid-season patch
  • Shield breaks bombs
  • Shield reflects bombs
  • Big damage when opponent touches the brella
I'm an Undercover main and also hope it gets some love, my pet hate currently is that shooting someone twice and hitting them with the shield is not a kill (40+40+15). According to the wiki, the Undercover canopy bump does half the damage that contact with the other brellas does.
Whilst the Undercover should have a drawback for being able to fire while shielded, you should be more punished for getting into melee with it. Canopy contact damage of 20 would make a bump double shot a kill and make the Undercover have 2/3rds the canopy contact damage of the other brellas (which is 30).
There's also other tweaks that could be done, for example the UC fires 7 pellets that do 12 damage and pellet damage degrades at range until they do 9, but only 4 pellets per shot can do damage and that damage is capped at 40 (from the wiki), which suggests long range damage is 36? There could be changes to the number of pellets and the damage they do, eg narrowing the spread and number of pellets but they do more damage such as 45, or increasing the range.

As an aside I'd just love more brella variants in general, a brella that has a blaster shot, a brella that charges, an undercover with a weaker canopy that explodes on contact or destruction for large damage etc. There's just so much potential for the class that currently just has 3 weapons with 2 kits each

Mayo Lanson

Inkling
Whilst the Undercover should have a drawback for being able to fire while shielded, you should be more punished for getting into melee with it. Canopy contact damage of 20 would make a bump double shot a kill and make the Undercover have 2/3rds the canopy contact damage of the other brellas (which is 30).
There's also other tweaks that could be done, for example the UC fires 7 pellets that do 12 damage and pellet damage degrades at range until they do 9, but only 4 pellets per shot can do damage and that damage is capped at 40 (from the wiki), which suggests long range damage is 36? There could be changes to the number of pellets and the damage they do, eg narrowing the spread and number of pellets but they do more damage such as 45, or increasing the range.
As a 5 star Vunder user, these changes would be excellent! All lighter weapons are made to kill faster and AFAIK undercover's the only weapon that breaks this rule. If nintendo buffed the nzap then surely they can buff this, right?
As an aside I'd just love more brella variants in general, a brella that has a blaster shot, a brella that charges, an undercover with a weaker canopy that explodes on contact or destruction for large damage etc. There's just so much potential for the class that currently just has 3 weapons with 2 kits each
I'm looking forward to the next one! I'm personally hoping for a canopy that seeks out enemies.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
it's only easy to dodge a vertical flick if you see the dynamo. chargers are balanced around the fact that they have a bright laser revealing exactly where they're aiming, and stringers are balanced around needing to be very precise with their projectiles to actually land a splat. neither of those are true with dynamo vertical flick, it could literally be out of sight and flick over a ledge and it could hit you if you happen to be in a straight line anywhere in front of it

it should definitely be more powerful than other rollers though, i think 80 damage (twice of the regular roller vertical flick) would be fair and would be a good combo with basically everything else in the game

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Look I think undercover brella is so weak it's almost undearing but... God it's so annoying to fight imo. In a 1v1 it just feels like a dumb DPS battle between your weapon hopefully having good shield damage and an actual mosquito desperately trying to kill you.

SO... my idea for a rework is:
When you fire the undercover while dropping your shield (if it's not broken of course) you literally deal double the damage. So 80 damage max.

It'd be more fun to play with an interesting risk reward mechanic, more fun to fight as you can bait the undercover into getting greedy and dropping its shield, give it better object DPS, and make it way more interesting overall

Would love to hear what people think of this idea!

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
The Point Sensor location effect should prevent players from being able to Super Jump or be Super Jumped to.
If Salmon Run interference can prevent Super Jumps, why can’t sub and special weapons?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Exactly! Everyone calls me crazy for this, but the buff wouldn't make it even toptier.
It'd be fairly balanced.
Getting one-shot out of the blue at Goo Tuber range would be a bit irritating. The thing that chargers have which Dynamo’s vertical flick doesn’t is a laser to warn the target. 80 minimum would probably be better.
We’re on the weapon reworks thread, though. So, my proposal is to turn Dynamo’s vertical flick into the Octo Samurai’s vertical flick. This means that it will create a loud projectile that quickly travels along the ground, and lets it stay lethal at max range without feeling unfair.

KrisSplatoon

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-4981-4348-0990
what if Dynamo had Carbons frame data

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom