• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon Strategy Types WIP

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
So guys, I was testing out the new H-3 D and I have to say, IT IS AMAZING! it is a 100% improvement over the standard version. Thanks to point sensors, this weapon can mark opponents on demand whenever it desires, essentially giving it the echo whenever it wants. Echolocator was the one redeeming thing about the old Nozzlenose as it allowed you to play the weapon like a precision blaster. It gave you the sight that one so desperately wants with the weapon. Blasters successfully take down their targets by predicting their movements and leading their shot towards their position. While I was playing with the weapon in ranked, I found myself leading the bullets to the location to where they would be. Put some swim speeds on this weapon and you will be hunting people like a shark. In fact, the weapon itself loses its inability to handle confrontations thanks to this one sub weapon. In ranked I was able to go 16/4 by fighting on the front lines. Once I hit'm with a point sensor I was able to properly space myself and align my cross-hairs on them and end them in 2 bursts. Once the opposition was dead, I either guarded the territory or claimed more for the motherland. In essence, at the end of the day I find this weapon to be a MID category weapon.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
So guys, I was thinking about splitting the Mid category into two different categories. These categories would separate the more defensively inclined mids from the offensive ones. In example, the Tentatek Splattershot would be placed in the Aggresive Mid category along with the 52. Gal Deco. In the Defensive Mid would be Bamboozler 14 Mk 1 and H-3 Nozzlenose D. This is because the mid category is growing enough to the point to warrant it being split into these two groups. Before I split it however, tell me what you think of this idea. Also tell me about the Heavy Splatling Deco and what category you think it should be in.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
So guys, I was thinking about splitting the Mid category into two different categories. These categories would separate the more defensively inclined mids from the offensive ones. In example, the Tentatek Splattershot would be placed in the Aggresive Mid category along with the 52. Gal Deco. In the Defensive Mid would be Bamboozler 14 Mk 1 and H-3 Nozzlenose D. This is because the mid category is growing enough to the point to warrant it being split into these two groups. Before I split it however, tell me what you think of this idea. Also tell me about the Heavy Splatling Deco and what category you think it should be in.
No, keep mid as mid. They are balanced weapons and should be categorized as such.

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
Sounds good. Also please use this yellow from now on, the bright yellow is hard to read.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
So, where to put the Heavy Splattling Deco and Neo Sploosh-o-Matic? I'd say Mid for thr HStD, and Killing Front for the NSoOM.
I am a little skeptical about Neo Sploosh being a Killing Front. Can you explain how and why it would still not be an Assassin category weapon? Also, if it were to be able to take upon a front role, why would it not be turfing front. It has the same fire rate of N-Zap and Splattershot Jr.? It has higher ink efficiency than N-Zap and although lacks as much range as Jr., it still has a somewhat aggressive playstyle. Just curious because I have not tried out the Neo Sploosh yet and would really like to know how playstyle changing the different kit is for it.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I am a little skeptical about Neo Sploosh being a Killing Front. Can you explain how and why it would still not be an Assassin category weapon? Also, if it were to be able to take upon a front role, why would it not be turfing front. It has the same fire rate of N-Zap and Splattershot Jr.? It has higher ink efficiency than N-Zap and although lacks as much range as Jr., it still has a somewhat aggressive playstyle. Just curious because I have not tried out the Neo Sploosh yet and would really like to know how playstyle changing the different kit is for it.
Hmmm. Turfing Front sounds about right now that you mention it. I would not say assassin because the loadout+main weapon begs for agressiveness. It always benefited me, although I really should have worn Defense Up. What about Heavy Splattling Deco? Can't quite decide between mid and active back personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom