• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What are some dream kits you wish were in the game?

Astro Dwarf

Inkling
I know this might sound like a meme, it really isn't. But I'd like Pencil with Torp and Zipcaster / Reefslider.

My team has never run pencil for cooler, so it'd be nice to have a kit that the general public does not HATE. Anyways, explanation: Torp is really good for hitting and poking around corners that pencil can't, in addition it can locate sharking players, and it paints your feet (rip charger feet paint on any slightly angled surface). Zipcaster on a backline I've always seen as fascinating, allowing a slow long ranged weapon to be involved in pushing forwards sounds fun. Reefslider would actually be decent because there are many times with pencil you hit someone once but lose your last charge and resort to tap shots. If they run away, you can guarantee an extra 70 damage with reef. If they rush you down, you have a panic button that will kill with 70 damage hitbox.

kenta_ink

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8341-6131-5056
i'm a big sprinkler enjoyer; it's a really silly and versatile sub that often gets dismissed as only providing passive paint and nothing else (if it's only providing passive paint for your weapon and nothing else, that means it's just synergising poorly)

IMO, sprinkler kinda is to burst bomb, what suction is to splat bomb. it provides the same instant paint as burst bomb which is VERY helpful for movement especially on a weapon that takes long to fire once (like H-3), but gives you a more prolonged kind of pressure (similar to suction) rather than the instant paint/damage you get from burst bomb. and when thrown aggressively, it's giving enemies an extra target to shoot at (that may put them at a disadvantage if they ignore it, especially if thrown right on top of them), making it so you can afford to miss your shots a little more. bombs like suction/splat/torp won't help H-3's movement, fizzy will help with movement on ground but not up walls, and burst & angle last too short to be worth it on H-3 for me.

my reasoning for inkjet on it is a bit simpler: if you can land your H-3 crits, you can probably hit your inkjet directs just fine too. also, having a sprinkler active during your inkjet can also help distract or let you take on more than one enemy at once more easily (that prolonged pressure similar to suction bomb)
Thank you for such a detailed reply. I didn’t even think about how fizzy would struggle to paint walls or the distraction factor with sprinkler. I didn’t consider how precious each shot is to H3, it’d make sense you need that distraction. Thank you again, I’m happy to have learned!

Sambews

Inkster Jr.
I want my Splatoon 2 Ttek back. This game’s Ttek but with inkjet instead of triple ink strikes. I miss inkjet : (

The Knee

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7739-4186-1690
Pencil with burst crab it would be sooooo fun

*Buster*

Inkster Jr.
Nautilus kit with Fizzy for the sub, Kraken* for the special. Fizzy could be used for movement and poking around corners, plus as we only have 1 Naut kit right now which does not have a lethal bomb, it would be a nice change of pace. Kraken would pair well with the Naut’s ability to hold a charge while submerged in ink, as it could fire off a few shots, then pop Kraken if it needed to. Plus it would be a good panic button, as I personally run a main and a few subs of ssu**, which would allow for an easier getaway after Kraken ends.

*Since Ballpoint already has Inkjet I decided against it, as I doubt they would put it on another splatling. As for why I picked Kraken when Heavy Deco already has it, I don’t know why.

**It works well with the Naut’s charge hold. Because of that, I prioritize (and highly recommend you run a build that prioritizes something similar if you’re interested in the Nautilus) ssu>rsu, as it works well with Naut using the charge hold.

DChachouke

Senior Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
I think people under-estimate how good booyah bomb would be on flingza. I'm not as picky about my subs, I would just rather have it do damage and/or not have it be a sub we already had in 2. But please... Booyah bomb flingza... I need you, booyah bomb flingza... Save me, booyah bomb flingza...

Gh0ul1sh

Inkster Jr.
In a sense a kit that you want and you believe would be amazing but would probably be unlikely. For my example my dream kit would be a Roller with Fizzy Bomb and Kraken. Fizzy would function as a great Curling alt, and make decent paint and poke. And Kraken is pretty self explanatory.
Stringer with burst bomb and rain

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
I would LOVE inkbrush with torpedo and kraken. Torpedo has the same poking ability splat bomb does (which works really well) and I think having the option to roll it for combos is really good. Krakens aggressive and could work well with the torpedos to locate enemies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom