What are these devs thinking, oh my god

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Flingza players really get to choose between annoying missile spam or ableist visual clutter hooray 😅

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
As a Sploosh enjoyer and a Dread Wringer enthusiast, why must I endure a vanilla kit with a bad special and so-so sub, and a second kit with beacon and a bad special.

Sorcerer

Senior Squid
NNID
JiveSoulBro
waiting for the guy who insists this game has perfect balance and every single kit is good actually
As soon as Fresh Season rolls out, I can tell you which kits were made for which modes. Though c.explosher is certainly not SZ/RM, and I will correct some of my judgements on UnderBrella and Splat Dualies, people who call Fresh Season kits DOA are defeatist to the extreme.

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
The kits that get added to Splatoon 3 are so bad and so many, that I just don't get surprised by them anymore, just expect them.

Driftwood

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
Not a roller main so possibly dumb question, but if they fixed Screen* would it be good on Flingza?

*my suggestion for how to fix Screen would be to, instead of trying to overwhelm the target with too much visual and auditory information, just reduce what they see/hear instead. Like just turn down all the in game sounds except for music (instead of adding that hissing sound) and maybe making all the ink the same color.

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
Not a roller main so possibly dumb question, but if they fixed Screen* would it be good on Flingza?

*my suggestion for how to fix Screen would be to, instead of trying to overwhelm the target with too much visual and auditory information, just reduce what they see/hear instead. Like just turn down all the in game sounds except for music (instead of adding that hissing sound) and maybe making all the ink the same color.
The most it can do is farm Screens. It is a support special on a support weapon, so it's not the worst thing in the world, but there's hardly any synergy with each other; the best you can do with poke with either Suction or the fling (the swing's range is too short to really risk standing behind the screen to pick off people).

Sandblaste

Inkling
Two very fun mains that get reduced to special cheese from their first kits and get really weak specials on their second. Hurts to see them both like this, especially with third kits not looking too likely. Roll on splatoon 4 for these weps I guess...?

zyf_

Pro Squid

i feel like on paper it's actually pretty good if screen worked at all yea, cuz flingza *could* be an ambush weapon but otherwise wants to be a support

i actually think it's a pretty cool kit idea in theory, it's just a shame that screen doesn't do much rn, and i certainly don't think it belongs in the same pile as dread, where i literally have no idea who on this entire planet wants that kit on that weapon

Jadestrouble

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1483-7141-0247
waiting for the guy who insists this game has perfect balance and every single kit is good actually
I don't get a lot of the hate for a lot of kits in s3. They're far from perfect but people are acting like these kits are unplayable, which i just disagree with.

Take Reeflux Deco for example, despite it getting reefslider, the kit is actually really fun and enjoyable, and synergizes surprisingly well despite what it looks like on paper.
Vanilla S-Blast as well. I've met a lot of people who say the vanilla kit is better than the second kit it got, despite said kit being insanely powerful for the weapon. I don't understand why everyone hates reefslider so much tbh, especially when ppl prefer it over booyah bomb.

For some reason when weapons get new kits there's a few specials that will always make people go "this is a bad kit" despite if its an actual good/fun special for the weapon. The Reefslider hate is so huge that people wont even entertain a kit being good if it has it, and i see the same with other specials like Wave Breaker. While Reefslider is a pretty poorly designed special and has huge flaws, wave Breaker just... Isn't. its a solid special with a useful gimmick and with the recent buff its even more powerful. I don't know how you can say its a F tier special.

Maybe its not perfect for Dread but i feel like if your mentality is "if this doesn't get [Insert Meta Special Here] Its automatically bad" that's always going to lead to disappointment. Not every weapon can have a god tier kit like S-Blast for people to sincerely say that sprinkler reeflsider is somehow a better kit.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
[/QUOTE]
Take Reeflux Deco for example, despite it getting reefslider, the kit is actually really fun and enjoyable, and synergizes surprisingly well despite what it looks like on paper.
Vanilla S-Blast as well. I've met a lot of people who say the vanilla kit is better than the second kit it got, despite said kit being insanely powerful for the weapon. I don't understand why everyone hates reefslider so much tbh, especially when ppl prefer it over booyah bomb.
I have no idea who's saying sprinkler/Reefslider is better than burst/Booyah Bomb but that's just wrong lol
And Reefslider gets a lot of hate for not getting enough value for the amount of risk you put yourself in for using it
It's a very boring special, at least for me, and it's super inconsistent in getting kills which is it's main strength and very little weapons can work with it and even the ones that could would want better options that lets them be aggressive while getting more value from their special.

For some reason when weapons get new kits there's a few specials that will always make people go "this is a bad kit" despite if its an actual good/fun special for the weapon. The Reefslider hate is so huge that people wont even entertain a kit being good if it has it, and i see the same with other specials like Wave Breaker. While Reefslider is a pretty poorly designed special and has huge flaws, wave Breaker just... Isn't. its a solid special with a useful gimmick and with the recent buff its even more powerful. I don't know how you can say its a F tier special.

Maybe its not perfect for Dread but i feel like if your mentality is "if this doesn't get [Insert Meta Special Here] Its automatically bad" that's always going to lead to disappointment. Not every weapon can have a god tier kit like S-Blast for people to sincerely say that sprinkler reeflsider is somehow a better kit.
It makes sense though, there's some specials in this game that are just bad or don't do enough and bad kits do affect how fun a weapon is. Something can be bad and fun but that doesn't always apply, sometimes kits are just bad and boring. Plus, they could easily make a good kit and that would be way more fun by letting the main weapon play to its strengths more and deal with it's weaknesses. I personally find Wavebreaker boring but it's not bad I guess, it's just that it might not get any value from it since its so easy to shred and it only combos with one wave if you hit both sloshes, assuming they even get hit by the waves to begin with. I also don't think the location effect is enough for it. It still needs a way to fight longer ranged weapons or take space but Wavebreaker won't help it in that. Now if it had a bomb that might be less of a problem but it has beakon so it has no way to poke or combo reliably with its kit and the ink cost is very high for an ink hungry weapon like Dread. It's not just about being Meta, it's about having good kit synergy and there are so many other options for a 2nd Dread kit that would have been alright over what we got. Squiffer didn't get a Meta kit that'll let it become a top tier but it still got something fun that works with the weapon and I think that's how kits should be made.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i think something a lot of people are missing when they try to rationalize how these kits are actually good is that we often aren't arguing that the current kit can't be used, but instead that it would have been significantly better with nearly anything else. when we say dread with wavebreaker sucks really badly, it's not because we think wavebreaker does literally nothing, it's because we think a lot of other things would have had better synergy with dread than wavebreaker has. when there's an extremely limited set of kits available to us, it is really disappointing when something misses out on the potential a different kit could have had

also, on a less related note, it is a massive pet peeve of mine when people reduce splattercolor screen to just "the ableism special". it is a special in the game that has design that we could actually be discussing instead of just saying "this special is bad for some people" and moving on. like yeah it IS bad for people and they should fix that (and for what it's worth i expect that they will continue to address it), but it's so unproductive to just say "well now it's ableist to use foil flingza sorry guys". feels like a drastic oversimplification of what ableism actually is anyway

Jadestrouble

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1483-7141-0247
It makes sense though, there's some specials in this game that are just bad or don't do enough and bad kits do affect how fun a weapon is. Something can be bad and fun but that doesn't always apply, sometimes kits are just bad and boring. Plus, they could easily make a good kit and that would be way more fun by letting the main weapon play to its strengths more and deal with it's weaknesses. I personally find Wavebreaker boring but it's not bad I guess, it's just that it might not get any value from it since its so easy to shred and it only combos with one wave if you hit both sloshes, assuming they even get hit by the waves to begin with. I also don't think the location effect is enough for it. It still needs a way to fight longer ranged weapons or take space but Wavebreaker won't help it in that. Now if it had a bomb that might be less of a problem but it has beakon so it has no way to poke or combo reliably with its kit and the ink cost is very high for an ink hungry weapon like Dread. It's not just about being Meta, it's about having good kit synergy and there are so many other options for a 2nd Dread kit that would have been alright over what we got. Squiffer didn't get a Meta kit that'll let it become a top tier but it still got something fun that works with the weapon and I think that's how kits should be made.
I mean for the most part I agree. The new dread kit is far from ideal, it doesn't have specific synergy. I'm definitely not saying the kits are "good" its just i don't think they're as bad as ppl make them out to be, especially in relation to s2 kits and even s1 kits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom