• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Could be the Worst Possible Splatfest Theme?

v0idStrike_squid-kid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dlb456network
Best way to kill yourself: Jump off a cliff or stab yourself in the head

What would you rather do: Eat Booty or Eat actual food

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What is this "Nae Nae"? The new hip dance among teens?

I agree it's interesting, but it incites so much saltiness.

I think there'd be a lot of trolling and squidbagging. Choosing a Splatfest theme that people actually get angry and passionate about is probably an awful idea.
On the other hand, the people would be so devoted to their side that perhaps it'd even out the popularity for once. Dunno about squidbagging, but there definitely would be a helluva lot of ****-flinging Miiverse posts. The mods are gonna die from being overworked, having to delete every 3rd post en mass.

I'd imagine it might spark a flame war here as well, unless we were all high as a kite for that week.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
On the other hand, the people would be so devoted to their side that perhaps it'd even out the popularity for once.
Ah true. Also the balance would be pretty different depending on the region - I mean if it were in North America there'd probably be a lot of supporters of intelligent design, whereas in Europe not so much. I think it would probably only work in Europe because the clear majority in the USA believe intelligent design (I think?)

Dunno about squidbagging, but there definitely would be a helluva lot of ****-flinging Miiverse posts. The mods are gonna die from being overworked, having to delete every 3rd post en mass.

I'd imagine it might spark a flame war here as well, unless we were all high as a kite for that week.
Definitely.

And I mean, spawn camping. I don't like spawn camping but if I got angry enough about intelligent design vs evolution/if **** flinging posts provoked me, I'd probably do it.

Yolo vs Swag

bae vs fleek

reddit vs 4chan

franku vs pink guy

kush vs dabs

anime vs cartoon
Bork vs Frighten?

YOLO vs Swag is particularly compelling. I think I'd go with YOLO....

R2D221

Senior Squid
NNID
R2D221
They are pretty similar in character
I don't agree. Spongebob is more joyful and curious and such. Patrick is more of an idiot. If I were to meet them in real life, I would like to be friends with SpongeBob, but not with Patrick.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I must be Squidward then, because I'd rather beat myself over the head with a clarinet than spend time around those two :P Personalities aside they're equally obnoxious.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I don't agree. Spongebob is more joyful and curious and such. Patrick is more of an idiot. If I were to meet them in real life, I would like to be friends with SpongeBob, but not with Patrick.
Yes, there are nuances to their personality differences which is why I used the word "similar" rather than calling them exactly the same. Squidward or Sandy would be much more dramatic in differences. I see NA and EU are desperately trying to make the themes not have a dramatic popularity difference as possible if those two were chosen.

R2D221

Senior Squid
NNID
R2D221
I see NA and EU are desperately trying to make the themes not have a dramatic popularity difference as possible if those two were chosen.
No, I think they chose SpongeBob and Patrick because they're the protagonists. Everyone else (Squidward, Sandy, Mr. Krabs, Plankton, etc) is just a side character.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
No, I think they chose SpongeBob and Patrick because they're the protagonists. Everyone else (Squidward, Sandy, Mr. Krabs, Plankton, etc) is just a side character.
And yet Plankton gets the status of deuteragonist in the second Spongebob Movie while Patrick is more of a side character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom