• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Could be the Worst Possible Splatfest Theme?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Come on... It couldn't be a cartoon that I liked? Phineas VS Ferb? Doofenshmirtz VS Perry?
Sure, P&F ended, but still...
Ohhh, that would've been so much better! Didn't think of the possibility. Of course, Disney and CN are entirely different entities and who knows what goes through their minds... Disney doesn't entirely hate Nintendo, given that they love offloading their shovelware on Nintendo platforms (we also recently got a shipment of 3DS Home Menu themes with Disney properties), but I still don't think that they'd go as far as to collaborate on a Splatfest.

But I hadn't any idea that P&F was over! That's probably for the best but a slight shock, all the same. One day, I should watch it solidly through.

v0idStrike_squid-kid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dlb456network
But I hadn't any idea that P&F was over! That's probably for the best but a slight shock, all the same. One day, I should watch it solidly through.
Yeah, it ended back in 2015 around the beginning of Summer. I had been marathoning the whole series as of recently, and I'm on season four. (the last season)
It's of Netflix, by the way. You should check it out.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Metallica vs. Megadeth: Now I personally don't think it's a horrible theme, but it earns this designation for a few reasons:
  • For starters, that feud ended at least 23 years ago, even though a quick trip to YouTube Comment Land might suggest otherwise.
  • Unless they had cool parents (well, assuming they were cool in their time) like I did, most of the kids who play Splatoon probably don't have a clue in hell who either band is.
  • Both bands have had fairly similar careers, rising and peaking at similar times, so to the uninitiated it would seem like a repeat of the Spongebob Splatfest (that is, they're both the same thing, so what's the point of arguing?).
  • Really, much of their output just doesn't mesh with Splatoon, lyrically and musically. (And no, Metalopod doesn't count.)
Besides, if we're going for a metal-themed Splatfest, everyone knows the true debate is Nu Metal/Hair Metal vs. Everything Else. (Which in itself is also a bad theme, because popularity would be so lopsided in Team Everything Else's favor that no percentage of wins would give Team Nu/Hair Metal the victory. ;))

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
you know what this actually makes sense first splatoon ever that you really can't guess the outcome
I'm pretty sure the second one will lead to Miiverse posts with a certain presidential candidate as a topic. And the "sort of" Spanish inverted question mark will not be as popular as the "sort of" regular question mark. You can see what will happen from here.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Ancient memes straight from the early oughts VS Older people desperately trying to get hip with the youth
That dead fish in the trashcan VS Sheldon's Shop Sign
Falling off Moray Towers VS Taking a dip at Mahi-Mahi Resort
Getting KO'd at the first minute VS Losing during overtime
Color Wars VS Squid Wars
Laggy Blasters VS Laggy Chargers
Losing with 10/1 VS Winning with 1/10

Miirisa

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Miirisa
Any kind of weapon vs weapon splatfest would be bad

Users who are viewing this thread