• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Do You Want to See From Splatoon 2?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
A very meta/technical desire of mine, the game to create teams online with weapons in mind. This will hopefully lead to more balanced matches. For example, if one team is made up of three rollers and an aerospray, and the other has two chargers and two mid range shooters, that match will likely be very unfair for one of those teams, most likely the roller team since they have no range. This is a very unrealistic wish since team composition can be a very subjective idea, but anything to make better balanced match is a good thing to me. Even if it means not sticking too many of the same weapon on one team, that would be fine enough.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
Save replay data to a cloud (because switch internal memory is a joke).

And ability to download to PC or upload to youtube.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I want a better firing range. Moving targets with variable speeds, parameters the user can change, and more visible data would be wonderful.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
I distinctly remember a feature during the load screens in Ridge racer type 4 where you could pick the music that was going to play during the race.

I would really be hype to have an selection of music during play and choose whatever I wanted. It could by default pick what is recommended (e.g. the actual stage/mode theme), but you'd have the ability to toggle to other songs.

It was also a really good way to remember ost song names, since you consciously looked for or avoided certain songs.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It would be cool aswell if we could turn down music volume.

T'would give advantage to players who play without any music sure, being able to better hear sfx and all

BUT
More importantly, I could listen to whatever music I want on seperate speakers or somesuch, once the in game OST becomes a bit stale from overplay.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
It would be cool aswell if we could turn down music volume.

T'would give advantage to players who play without any music sure, being able to better hear sfx and all

BUT
More importantly, I could listen to whatever music I want on seperate speakers or somesuch, once the in game OST becomes a bit stale from overplay.
wait splatoon one doesn't have a bare bones basic industry standard sound mixing with the 3 basic sliders of
BGM
SFX
Voice
?

What backwards world is Nintendo living in?

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Probably nothing more than hasn't already been mentioned. I REALLY want them to expand the heck out of Salmon Run. More maps. More options for at least personal customization (I mean...I do not want to customize my gal and have to wear that dumb hazmat suit the whole time...and I think you can't even select your weapons?), more enemy variety.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Push-off-the-map splats should count toward my K/D. I dropped four squids into the drink morning, I want that to show

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
More. New. Characters.

Li'l Judd, Murch, the Salmonids, and those Grizzco guys are not enough.

Krak Rex

Inkster Jr.
I want a shaved head hair look, so my character can look like me. Maybe make 3 load outs (clothes and tools of inking) that you can change while waiting for the next match.

Zuzonzo

Inkling
NNID
kainfact
I really wish you could change your weapons in between matches without having to back out. Thats what I want most. Besides that, new hairstyles are gonna be great!!!! I'd love a callie or marie hairstyle but the ones shown still look great.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
I want a shaved head hair look, so my character can look like me. Maybe make 3 load outs (clothes and tools of inking) that you can change while waiting for the next match.
Given the stiffness of tentacles. A short hair cut like that would result in guile hair.

Pure bald would be unsettling. Like stumps of an amputated series of limbs.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
You know what I'd actually really like to see? I think it'd be cool if they added gear into the game for special occasions. For example, I think Halloween costume-esque gear on Halloween would be cool. I'd like to play as a wizard/witch, or as a knight. Something like you'd wear on Halloween, you know? Thanksgiving outfit hype though?!?! Could play as a Pilgrim or an Indian. And for Christmas? They could let you play as Santa Claus... They could even make outfits for other kind of occasions, like non-holidays (graduation from schools in June is the only thing that comes to mind, but there are definitely others).

Krak Rex

Inkster Jr.
You know what I'd actually really like to see? I think it'd be cool if they added gear into the game for special occasions. For example, I think Halloween costume-esque gear on Halloween would be cool. I'd like to play as a wizard/witch, or as a knight. Something like you'd wear on Halloween, you know? Thanksgiving outfit hype though?!?! Could play as a Pilgrim or an Indian. And for Christmas? They could let you play as Santa Claus... They could even make outfits for other kind of occasions, like non-holidays (graduation from schools in June is the only thing that comes to mind, but there are definitely others).
I support this idea! Maybe it could coincide with a splatfest. The winning side is the free piece of gear everyone receives.

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
As far as Splatoon features in general go, I think my most wanted feature would be cosmetic clothing. Terraria, Starbound, and Xenoblade Chronicles X have kind of spoiled me. Let me wear one set for the stats and another for looks. The set with the stats can be shown when checking what someone's set is for gameplay reasons, the cosmetic set would be what actually appears on your squid, and people around town can display both when talking to them and looking for something to order.

Considering Splatoon 2's launch offerings are likely solidified and what could reasonably be patched in post-launch considering precedent. . .I think crossover gear would be my most wanted feature. From the sound of it, crossover material won't come from Amiibo and likely won't be in the game at launch, but it being updated in isn't -impossible-.

My mind is thinking back to how the Squid Girl outfit was patched in after a period of time. Some other franchises that would be a good fit with Splatoon getting some gear would be pretty fresh. Of course, considering a very long list of game similarities I do have a first choice in mind that's probably about as hard to guess out of me as figuring out that a sniper is probably gonna try to get onto the middle tower of Blackbelly Skatepark, but of course that's not exactly likely. . .heh. The common choice of people wanting Jet Set Radio gear sounds more than fresh enough for me to want to try it out, though, and if someone does manage to excavate that Mario hat out of a dig site that'd be interesting too.

As great as squids in casual clothing look, going full cosplay squid I'd something I would equally like to be able to do.

. . .Actually, speaking of "casual clothing". . .you know what might look great? A full set of formal wear. That way you could play as a different sort of Agent 4, LOL.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As far as Splatoon features in general go, I think my most wanted feature would be cosmetic clothing. Terraria, Starbound, and Xenoblade Chronicles X have kind of spoiled me. Let me wear one set for the stats and another for looks. The set with the stats can be shown when checking what someone's set is for gameplay reasons, the cosmetic set would be what actually appears on your squid, and people around town can display both when talking to them and looking for something to order.

Considering Splatoon 2's launch offerings are likely solidified and what could reasonably be patched in post-launch considering precedent. . .I think crossover gear would be my most wanted feature. From the sound of it, crossover material won't come from Amiibo and likely won't be in the game at launch, but it being updated in isn't -impossible-.

My mind is thinking back to how the Squid Girl outfit was patched in after a period of time. Some other franchises that would be a good fit with Splatoon getting some gear would be pretty fresh. Of course, considering a very long list of game similarities I do have a first choice in mind that's probably about as hard to guess out of me as figuring out that a sniper is probably gonna try to get onto the middle tower of Blackbelly Skatepark, but of course that's not exactly likely. . .heh. The common choice of people wanting Jet Set Radio gear sounds more than fresh enough for me to want to try it out, though, and if someone does manage to excavate that Mario hat out of a dig site that'd be interesting too.

As great as squids in casual clothing look, going full cosplay squid I'd something I would equally like to be able to do.

. . .Actually, speaking of "casual clothing". . .you know what might look great? A full set of formal wear. That way you could play as a different sort of Agent 4, LOL.
I like your ideas except for the first one, so allow me to be captain naysayer :P Clothing is super-important in Splatoon, partly because being able to recognize what your opponent is wearing can help you guess their strategy - if they have this hat with this ability, you might guess that they'll jump a certain way on match start. Or maybe you recognize that the melee guy's packing ink resistance shoes. That sort of thing. Separating clothing from appearance while still retaining abilities would remove this small but important factor in reading opponents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom