• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Do You Want to See From Splatoon 2?

SpillProff

Full Squid
NNID
SpillProff
So Splatoon 2 is coming out this summer and I wanted to see what the community wants out of this ink-filled sequel to a third-person paintball shooter.

What I want to See:
1. Ability to create your own gear and weapons (so creating your own brand) for a fee.
2. Ability to change your gear during the time where the game is getting people ready. Similar to private battles where it gives you 60 seconds to ready up.
3. Old gear to come back into the shops.
4. More multiplayer modes like Salmon Run.

What the Community Wants:

1. Ability to sort items (weapons, clothing, etc.)
2. Playable Octolings.
3. New Styled Hats (like a Cowboy hat)
4. New modes should get long-lasting support .
5. Ability to change weapon while waiting for a match.
6. More dial-pad commands.
7. All Splatoon 1 weapon classes to return with tweaks.
8. Unisex hairstyles.
9. Ability to customize ink color in settings.
10. Day/Night cycle.
11. Inkling voice tones.
12. Hero mode to be longer.
13. Hammerhead Bridge should return as a new style or as the same before.
14. Get rid of stage rotation; automatically join a random map. (quickplay basically)
15. New weapon classes.
16. Ability to match up with friends and random players in Salmon Run / other new modes.
17. Custom map editor.
18. New ink colors.
19. Ability to play Octolings in story mode to see their view of the world.
20. Splatfest to return (Spill Note: But Callie is gone so what if players don't complete story mode? Wouldn't it not make sense?)
21. Rotation mode to have three stages.
22. Choose color of gear.
23. For certain sub weapons to not come back.
24. Replay-ability of old levels, like hero mode levels!

Last edited:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Most people already posted their wants in the reveal thread and probably don't want to repeat themselves...
I am not most people because I'll take most opportunities to ask for playable octolings

Weapon, hat, shirt, and shoes sorting (very popular idea)

The ability to change a piece of gear's main ability (not as popular)

Playable Octolings =p (fairly popular? very popular? Spaghett?)

Cowboy hat (for when I play with a nozzlenose)

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
my wishlist:

I hope salmon run will get long-lasting support like other modes through updates.

The ability to at least change your weapon in lobbie wait rooms.

more communication options during matches with strangers, more specific commands.

and All weapon (classes) from splatoon returning (with the needed tweaks).

SlyBlue

Inkling
Unisex hair because I don't understand why they aren't already? More inkling customization because I don't know why that wouldn't have been an option already either? All I'm asking for is a couple eyebrow/eye/beauty mark options. It wouldn't take much.
Custom colors would be huge because the only colors I ever liked in the first game were teal and milk tea/lemon tea. If the custom colors only show in your own game, I don't see why this couldn't be an option.
Daytime/Nighttime daily rotation. It seemed like such a waste to only be able to enjoy the nighttime atmosphere during Splatfest in the previous game.

And low on the list but voice tone options like they have in Miitomo would be seriously cute. :D

BlitzTachaano

Inkling
NNID
RedNovaBreaker
^all of the above, plus:

(Personal one) I just sincerely hope the Dual Squelcher stays red in color. Silly reason, yes, but because it was such a pretty color to me is why I initially tried it out, and now it's my best weapon. We've already seen things like the Slosher have had a color change, so it's possible it will. I just personally hope it doesn't.

Also? Octo Valley in 1 was fun and all, but it couuuld stand to be a bit longer and a bit more difficult. I just like a challenge.

Hammerhead Brigde should return as a stage, as a completed bridge. Or better yet, leave it the same, and blame it on lazy construction workers. Just like in real life.

Get rid of stage rotation all together, all stages available at the same time. Would help reduce people who play a weapon only depending on the map, so no more teams of three E-Liters on Saltspray Rig, for example.

I'd like to see more unique new weapon classes like the Dualies, but it's not likely.

The ability to match with randoms online for Salmon Run.

(Personal one) Return of Echolocator, in some form.

Maybe some kind of custom map editor? Just for playing with friends?

Wider range of ink colors.

That's all I can think of for now, and sorry for the long post. Just throwing some thoughts out

Ghiraham-Sandwich

Full Squid
The ability to play as an Octoling in story mode and see their side of the story if that makes sense? Like some video games will let you play as the hero and then after you finish the game you get to unlock the villain's side.

I hope Splatfests come back with better teams because I found some of them quite boring like North pole vs South pole.

Have 3 stages available at once rather than two.

This one is really picky but the option to pick the colour of your gear, I hated it when a piece of gear I liked came in an awful colour.

I also hope there is more information about the characters in the game, especially the band members. It sucked that many of the characters were just *there* with no history or personality and sometimes didn't even have a name.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
For the splash wall to not come back

RIP. Atleast the .52 didn't get the wall again.

Last edited:

derty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
derty10
i would like to have clothes that u can change the color on. tired of having the schemed picked for me.

Jerry

Inkling
i'd personally like to see some form of emotes (ie; waving/laughing/dancing/etc) ingame or in the main hub area, assuming it's not already a part of the game or in the process of being implemented. however i could see this being abused or used by people to throw games if available to be used ingame.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
i'd personally like to see some form of emotes (ie; waving/laughing/dancing/etc) ingame or in the main hub area, assuming it's not already a part of the game or in the process of being implemented. however i could see this being abused or used by people to throw games if available to be used ingame.
Simple. Turn them off during ranked.
Some games also have an auto kick if you don't do an input within 30 seconds.

Also yeah... at the mention of dyes for clothes.

The item can be called Ink Dye. And it could be the cheap prizes for salmon run.

-Lily-

Inkling
I'd like to see some sort of Miiverse replacement. It was fun drawing and sharing my artwork and seeing other people's artwork as well! It really added life to the Plaza! It might actually already be happening but I dunno... XD

EDIT: It's happening! YAS!!

Last edited:

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
I'd really like to be able to choose a default color, at least for when I'm in the lobby. I also hope they add a decent amount of "hairstyles" over time, and it'd be nice to be able to wear any style, regardless of gender, that way everyone has more options.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
I'd really like to be able to choose a default color, at least for when I'm in the lobby. I also hope they add a decent amount of "hairstyles" over time, and it'd be nice to be able to wear any style, regardless of gender, that way everyone has more options.
need to consider that the more hairstyles. The more risk of gear clipping into it. So styles have to be tested with every single headgear.

But yeah more choice is good.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
General stream-lining of the loadout screen would be pretty great. I want the ability to sort my gear and weapons, and save pre-set loadouts. It can be a pretty big hassle in Splatoon 1/classic to constantly toggle gear on and off when I want to switch from, say, a sniper-playstyle to a heavy weapons-playstyle. On the fly switching would save so much time between matches where I want to change things up.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
General stream-lining of the loadout screen would be pretty great. I want the ability to sort my gear and weapons, and save pre-set loadouts. It can be a pretty big hassle in Splatoon 1/classic to constantly toggle gear on and off when I want to switch from, say, a sniper-playstyle to a heavy weapons-playstyle. On the fly switching would save so much time between matches where I want to change things up.
It seems thats what amiibo is for. Which is not really streamline a process due to load times with NFC tech.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Monster Hunter games that I've played have this feature for saving your armor sets, with all of it's customization on it as well. Not hard to implement at all, Especially for Splatoon 2. Just have the option to Save/load gear sets on the menu where you go to equip your gear. Maybe even have where you can categorize them a little somehow (Arrange by weapon, stats, ect.)

It seems that's what amiibo is for. Which is not really streamline a process due to load times with NFC tech.
A part of me wants to believe that this is just for when you travel to other places without your own Switch console to play Splatoon 2 (friends house, tourneys, ect)...but that would make no sense at all and I'm probably definitely wrong unfortunately.

What if you have more gear sets that you want to save than you have Amiibos? Really makes you stuck in a rut.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
If Amiibo's were used as a permanent solution it'd be...costly. I would want at least 5 loadouts, and that's easily over the price of the base game. I guess I'll just have to hope for fast-loading menus so I can switch out faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom