• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What If You Got To Make A Weapon?

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Also, a long-range (40) brush that's a 3-shot. But it drains ink quickly and only attacks in a straight line, not a spread.
Finally, a blaster that does 70 damage no matter what, even on direct hit, but causes brief stun on direct hit.

OctoBlooper27

Inkster Jr.
NNID
itsmemil
Here is my weapon ideas

Fire hose splatling- based of heavy splatling but more range and slower charge
Sub- burst bomb
Special- sting Ray (I know bad but if buffed)

Pinpoint katana brush- less ink spread left and right but swings faster
Sub- toxic mist
Special- splashdown

Platinum Dynamo Roller- Dynamo Roller-
Sub- autobomb
Special- ink Armor

What do you think.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
A Blaster, but instead of exploding after a short distance, it's affected by gravity and bounces a couple of times before exploding in typical Blaster fashion. A grenade launcher, I guess.

An Inkbow. a charger weapon without a laser sight. A projectile, so not a hitscan like normal chargers. The Inkbow arrow could be a colored rod with a small burst bomb on it, and does uh, idk. 80 or so damage with a direct hit, and 30 with an indirect (burst bomb splash). Would also be affected by gravity.

A Splatling that can hold it's charge like a charger while in ink. That's...that's all I thought of so far, can't really think of any features to distinguish it from other splatlings. Oopes. :oops:

Also, cos I like brushes, I would want more brush types. A dynamo brush, that you can swing about twice every second that creates large waves of ink like Dynamo Roller used to be able to do. An Ink Pen, an extremely thin layer of ink, and ridiculously fast swinging. But now that it feels like they buffed the inkbrush's swing speed, it seems redundant. Well trust me, it was a REALLY cool idea 2 years ago, alright? ;-; Just hasn't aged well.

Last edited:

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
The Splat Mallet

A giant hammer that you swing downwards by holding down ZR. While swinging, ink spurts out the head of the hammer to ink the ground. Any inkling that touches the hammer mid-swing is splatted. It's slow, and when it makes contact with the ground it causes a small explosion. Jumping while holding ZR creates a spin attack which sprays ink in a close radius as well as splat close-by Inklings. Good for close range combat

Sub weapon- Splat bomb
Special- Tenta-missiles

Forge Mallet

Same as Splat Mallet but with Forge branding and different subs and specials

Sub weapon- Toxic Mist
Special weapon- Baller

Foam Mallet

A much lighter, but weaker Splat Mallet. It's speed has doubled as well. The downward swing explosion hasn't changed but making contact with the Mallet does 1/2 the damage of the original Splat Mallet. The spin attack is faster, and the ink radius has got 25% bigger. However, it is weaker and lasts longer, leaving u open to long-range attack.

Sub weapon- Burst Bomb
Special- Inkstorm

Last edited:

Mr. Meme

Inkling
My weapon idea would be like a charger, but it would take much longer to charge. When fully charged, it has insane range and can insta-kill anything, even burst the rainmaker shield. It would be able to hold a charge about as long as the Goo Tuber.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
My weapon idea would be like a charger, but it would take much longer to charge. When fully charged, it has insane range and can insta-kill anything, even burst the rainmaker shield. It would be able to hold a charge about as long as the Goo Tuber.
So, a charger.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
The Swoosher, I have petitioned Nintendo many a time for this weapon (see avatar)
Basically it a a giant sponge flail attracted to a rope that can splat foes from a distance with it's sponge. (Basically a dynamo speed with a long range disjoint)

It can also be swung around the inkling to cover turf with while hitting enemies in open areas.

A Inkcross bow, basically a charger that had a falloff damage splat kinda like the new rainmaker, it will require better positioning and aim but will reward you with the ability to hit players from behind cover or over some walls, though at the cost of distance and charge keep.

Lastly a special that creates a giant tidal wave that can push enemies back and can splat those caught in the crest of the wave, but can be inked to opponents color so they can swim over it

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Finally, a chargeable blaster where the charge determines the range and blast radius. It has much higher range than any other blaster.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
I have ideas, but it's for my OC in the making. Might hit back on this thread once I have all finished details.

Nintendoer

Inkling
NNID
WakerOfWindsHD
Switch Friend Code
SW-7745-4331-2226
I stole the basic idea for this weapon from a YouTube comment, but I changed it a bit for balance.

The weapon would be an Ink Bow and Arrow. It'd shoot out three arrows horizontally that individually make very narrow ink paths, but together make an area you can swim in. Additionally, it can be charged. When uncharged (just spamming ZR) the arrows fall directly at your feet, barely inking anything with damage similar to an uncharged Charger shot. If you do charge it up, which takes about the time a Heavy Splatling takes to charge, the arrows go way farther and are a one shot kill. Also, the longer you charge it up, the further apart the three arrows fly, making you ink more but lowering your accuracy. I'd see it having a Point Sensor for a sub and Splashdown for a special.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
I stole the basic idea for this weapon from a YouTube comment, but I changed it a bit for balance.

The weapon would be an Ink Bow and Arrow. It'd shoot out three arrows horizontally that individually make very narrow ink paths, but together make an area you can swim in. Additionally, it can be charged. When uncharged (just spamming ZR) the arrows fall directly at your feet, barely inking anything with damage similar to an uncharged Charger shot. If you do charge it up, which takes about the time a Heavy Splatling takes to charge, the arrows go way farther and are a one shot kill. Also, the longer you charge it up, the further apart the three arrows fly, making you ink more but lowering your accuracy. I'd see it having a Point Sensor for a sub and Splashdown for a special.
I know EXACTLY the YouTube comment you took this from. Hint- Gamexplain and Dualie Squelchers.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
How about a splat brella, but whenever you're in kid form, there is a large umbrella covering your front, even if you didn't press the fire button.
Just standing however consumes ink over a period of time. And if you press the fire button you will emit ink pellets similar to the jet squelcher's. This would make your ink drain faster as well. Ink saver main works for both the umbrella covering you and the shots you emit.

For a sub, it could have the splash wall, consuming loads of ink, but making you insanely hard to kill.
And for the special, you have ink armor, which will also make your enemies rage quit as they cannot even imagine killing you now.

The weaknesses would be insane ink consumption, and horrible mobility in kid form.
But as a trade off, you are virtually unkillable

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I propose a new special: The Squinja Star Launcher
Upon activation, you would be able to throw flurries of Ink Shurikens facing horizontally, they would move very fast and be able to pierce through walls, but their damage and accuracy would be poor. To give an edge to this, they would leave a small trail of ink in the direction they went, similar to Curling Bombs.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Sub ideas:
Autodrone: Basically just a standing turret. When someone on your team is pressing ZL on it, the drone automatically snipes at enemies in range with an automaticly aiming and shooting charger (range and speed is equal to the Goo Tuber.) However, it needs to be manned to aim and shoot, only one can be out at once, the person manning it will use ink every time it shoots, it will not shoot unless someone's in range, it can be destroyed by enemy fire, and it uses a full tank to place. Alternatively, it would use all current ink, it would shoot even without enemies in range, the ink you used determines how many shots it can take, and it could shoot unmanned.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
Drawing a blank on functionality, but I love the sort of "scrapped together" designs of the E-liter and Squiffer weapons. I keep thinking it would be funny to have a Splattling type weapon that consists of a showerhead attached to a leafblower.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Alright, since this is the signature weapon of my Octosona, I'll put it here. It would be a bit too complicated for usage in game, but I'm putting it here anyway.

The Inksword
The Inksword is Agent Z's personal weapon of choice. It fits her profile as a dangerously psychotic sociopath, desiring to get close and cause as much traumatic damage to her enemies as possible with melee weapons. It is a fast and deadly slashing weapon that appears as a technologically advanced retractable claymore enveloped in ink. It is not efficient at spreading ink, as it is a weapon built solely for combat.

It comes with a unique Sub Weapon, which is actually an extended function of the Inksword itself. The user will swing the sword horizontally or vertically and send out a beam of concentrated ink that penetrates walls and leaves a trail of ink behind. The size of the beam and how far it travels is determined by how long the user charges up before using it.

Its Special Weapon is also unique. The Inksword will be enveloped in more and more ink, making it take on the appearance of a massive Zweihander. In this form, it functions as both a shield for blocking attacks from whatever direction the user is facing, and a devastating offensive weapon. The user can ram the Inksword into the ground, causing a line of geysers to erupt in the direction the user is facing. This makes for an effective distanced attack, as well as an efficient way to spread ink.

the

Inkling Commander
Honestly I would just love a Heavy Splatling with Splat Bombs. And as for a special, maybe..... Ink Storm? That would be good for softening enemies and manipulating their movements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom