• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What If You Got To Make A Weapon?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
My more realistic dream is a squiffer with curling bomb and inkpack/ stinger since it will allow it to have lots of mobility and have a long range special to handle weapon that would normally outrange it

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
So, I just had this great idea...
I was mopping the floor with one of those spray mops, which I like very much, when I had a thought...
What if you had a brush that could spray? like, really far?

Behold the Scrub n' Snipe!

...Admittedly, it's design is shown a bit inconsistent here... I was designing it as I was drawing this image- more like concept art than a proper design. If I had to say which image was the "official" version, I would probably say the one the green inkling is holding is it.

This weapon is part brush, and part charger. More specifically, it has the mobility of an inkbrush (maybe slightly slower) and the firepower of a charger (although it's range probably isn't spectacular.) Notably, this weapon cannot fling ink like other brushes.

Controls:
If you tap the fire button, the nozzle will release a short burst of ink, rather like that which a proper charger emits when you tap the fire button.

When you hold the button, the response depends on context; if you hold the button while standing still, the weapon will charge like a charger. If you hold the fire button while moving, it will start laying down ink like a brush (not a roller- if you bump into someone like this, the damage is similar to an Inkbrush's roll damage- pitiful.)

The idea is that this set allows for high mobility in areas covered in enemy ink, while also allowing for a ranged attack. This is the way in which I attempted to cross over two very different weapons.

If you think there is a way to change the mechanics to make the weapon more fitting, please let me know. I am more than happy to accept constructive criticism.

Also, the green inkling is not supposed to be scowling- she's supposed to be sticking her tongue out as part of a "concentrating" face. just so you know.

Last edited:

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Aerospray with the range of a vertical roller flick, burst bomb subs, inksplosion special.

CM86

Pro Squid
A flamethrower except call it splathrower. Has the range of a splattershot pro, it's a 5 hit kill, and has very good ink efficiency. It would take a second or two for it to reach its max range as it would build up to it. Instead of flames it could shoot thousands of really small bubbles all together. (the best way I can have you think of is soap foam).

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
A flamethrower except call it splathrower. Has the range of a splattershot pro, it's a 5 hit kill, and has very good ink efficiency. It would take a second or two for it to reach its max range as it would build up to it. Instead of flames it could shoot thousands of really small bubbles all together. (the best way I can have you think of is soap foam).
That's a cool idea... but if there are so many bubbles, maybe it should be a 6 or 7 hit kill?

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
So, it's Stingray, but as a weapon and watered-down.

Spenstar

Inkling
NNID
SpenstarHD
I'll repost a couple of weapon ideas from a similar thread here. Feedback would be much appreciated!

Ink Hose
Type: Charger
This weapon looks like, well, a hose. The inkling holds it in their right hand while moving. On the inkling's back is a decent length of hose curled up around the ink tank with a hose faucet located within reach.. It's a charger, but it operates on different rules than other chargers. With no charge, the Inkhose has range comparable to a Bamboozler or a Squiffer, with a long and narrow trail of ink, that deals somewhere between 40 and 60 damage (not sure how much it should do).

Charging the weapon has the inkling reaching behind the to wind up the faucet while holding the hose steady. Releasing the charge causes the inkling to let go of the faucet and lessen their grip on the hose, causing ink to blast out of the hose while the faucet automatically resets. Charging doesn't increase the vertical range of the blast (if anything, it might decrease it) but it does increase the horizontal spread and the damage. At max charge, it deals 125 damage and has a horizontal range that's comparable to the ballpoint part of the blaster shot, except that range is consistent throughout the blast. Charge time is comparable to the Splat Charger. Rather than holding its charge in your ink, the charge gradually lessens while in squid form, taking about a second and a half to go from full charge to nothing.

Because of this, the idea is that the uncharged and charged shots are radically different and serve different purposes. The uncharged shot is not ink-hungry, but the full charge is, so you'll want ink saver main and ink recovery up.

Subweapon is the Burst Bomb, and its special is the Bubble Blower. Special depletion is light.

Ink Hose Deco
Same stats (including light special depletion) but it comes with a Sprinkler and the Ink Storm instead.

(subs and specials are not out of any synergy consideration (I'm not that good at the game yet) but out of a desire to give both sets a water motif.)

Shosh Bottle
Type: Slosher
It's an oversized water bottle. Specifically, the plastic refillable kind. It behaves just like any slosher, except the ink trail is narrower. Not sure how long the range should be, so let's put the length of its shot equal to the regular slosher.

The main reason you would use the Slosh Bottle over a different slosher is its mobility and firing rate, both of which put other sloshers to shame. It has by far the highest firing rate of any slosher, and because of that, if you're constantly aim adjusting, it can be great at covering turf! On the downside, a direct hit only does 40 base damage, meaning it can't 2KO. It has the same damage reduction mechanics as any slosher, and its damage bottoms out at 23.

In essence, it's the Rapid Blaster of Sloshers. Fast, good range (if narrow) but takes more hits to splat. It's also less ink-hungry than other sloshers. Special depletion is medium.

Its subweapon is the Sprinkler, and its Special is Splashdown

Slosh Bottle Nuveau is the alternate kit. Same stats completely. The sub is the Curling Bomb, and the special is Ink Armor.

Also just because these would be my ideal kits if they became real:

Wasabi Splattershot
Special Depletion: Medium
Subweapon: Curling Bomb
Special: Either Bubble Blower or Ink Armor

Splattershot Jr. Nuveau
Special Depletion: Medium
Subweapon: Curling Bomb
Special: Either Splat Bomb Launcher or Inkjet

Last edited:

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
Hello, Sheldon? I want a Jet Squelcher with Autobombs and an Octobrush with Splashdown. Keep the rest the same. *hangs up*

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
New "weapon": Fistful o' Ink
Literally, globs of oozing ink covering your inkling's hands and arms, running down his/her fingers in rivulets and inking the ground in much the same way as a brush-type weapon while in "roll" mode. A true melee "weapon," that is, no range or flicking at all. However, natural run speed is increased an additional 70% and swim speed an additional 30%, lets you perform predatorial leaps with similar button activator as the dualies, and very rapid swipe-attacks with incredibly short range that splats opponents after a 5-hit mauling. When your health is reduced to below 50hp, your inkling enters a berserker rage, increasing run speed an additional 30% and making melee a 4-hit-to-splat instead, and automatically gives a slight defense boost to damage taken. Sprinkler sub to help ink turf and ink armor for...obvious benefits. Not sure how the heck this can work on Turf Wars, but the thought of seeing teams of wolverines lunging about is too funny. :D

New special: Salmonid Rush
Summon a troupe of team-friendly salmonids around your inkling which will seek out the nearest available enemy and behave similarly to how they do in Salmon Run, inking turf in their wake in your team's color and attempting to splat enemies until defeated. Either a group of a dozen smallfry, six chum, or two cohorts will appear, chosen at random. Rarely, a random boss salmonid will appear instead, existing on the map and targetting enemy squids until defeated or until it despawns after a twenty second period.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Hello, Sheldon? I want a Jet Squelcher with Autobombs and an Octobrush with Splashdown. Keep the rest the same. *hangs up*
And I want a Rapid blaster with Inkjet. Keep the ultimate trolling sub the same.

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
New "weapon": Fistful o' Ink
Literally, globs of oozing ink covering your inkling's hands and arms, running down his/her fingers in rivulets and inking the ground in much the same way as a brush-type weapon while in "roll" mode. A true melee "weapon," that is, no range or flicking at all. However, natural run speed is increased an additional 70% and swim speed an additional 30%, lets you perform predatorial leaps with similar button activator as the dualies, and very rapid swipe-attacks with incredibly short range that splats opponents after a 5-hit mauling. When your health is reduced to below 50hp, your inkling enters a berserker rage, increasing run speed an additional 30% and making melee a 4-hit-to-splat instead, and automatically gives a slight defense boost to damage taken. Sprinkler sub to help ink turf and ink armor for...obvious benefits. Not sure how the heck this can work on Turf Wars, but the thought of seeing teams of wolverines lunging about is too funny. :D

New special: Salmonid Rush
Summon a troupe of team-friendly salmonids around your inkling which will seek out the nearest available enemy and behave similarly to how they do in Salmon Run, inking turf in their wake in your team's color and attempting to splat enemies until defeated. Either a group of a dozen smallfry, six chum, or two cohorts will appear, chosen at random. Rarely, a random boss salmonid will appear instead, existing on the map and targetting enemy squids until defeated or until it despawns after a twenty second period.
I don't think that fits well with the cannon... but maybe a special could summon inkling androids?

Also, the berserker part might be OP.

Spenstar

Inkling
NNID
SpenstarHD
New Sub: the Bounce Bomb
It looks like those throwing balls that skid on water. It costs 75% of your ink tank to throw one. When it lands on the ground, it bounces, leaving an imprint of your ink on the ground that's about 75% the size of a burst bomb explosion. How high and how far it bounces depends on the angle it was thrown at and the angle of what it hits, though no matter what it will always have the same speed. (ie it cant be slowed down or sped up) Coming into contact with the ball does 70 damage, and there's a hitbox when it hits the ground that goes slightly farther than the ink imprint that does 30. Enemy inklings and thrown objects (throwing a splat bomb at it, for instance) will cause it to change direction, though only a surface or an enemy inkling counts as a "bounce." Shooting at it won't slow it down, but it does have HP slightly less than a splash wall, and can be destroyed. It's made entirely out of ink so it goes through grates.

After either 2 or 3 bounces the ball will glow. At this point, the next time it touches an enemy inkling or a surface, it will explode, creating an ink imprint about 10% bigger than a burst bomb. The direct explosion does 100 damage, and the splash damage does anywhere from 30 to 80. However, while it's glowing, it's current HP is cut in half, making it easier to destroy. Only one Bounce Bomb per player can be out at a time.

This weapon can be used to attack an opponent from a different elevation, to get ink into an area you can't reach, or to create a no-fly zone for enemies. It's not a oneshot but it can finish off opponents, and because it flies all over the place, it has an unpredictable nature that makes it dangerous. It's also great for throwing at the end of a match, as it'll leave more ink than a splat bomb because of its multiple bounces. Sub Power Up both increases the size of the ball and the imprints and increases its HP.

the

Inkling Commander
E-Liter 4K With Point Sensors And Toxic Mist Launcher

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Part of me was hoping Nintendo would pull something like this when people were saying the Tri-Slosher should be nerfed.

Nerf™ Tri-Slosher
It's the same old Tri-Slosher you know and love, but with the added power of Nerf! The Tri-Slosher is now lighter due to Nerf technology, so now has 30% more range! It can also fling faster! It even has some Nerf missiles in it, leaving explosions at the end of each slosh for 100 damage. The Burst Bombs become the Nerf™ Burst Bombs, dealing 120 damage for a direct hit.

Coming soon: Nerf™ N-Zap 85, Nerf™ Rapid Blaster, & Nerf™ Tentatek Splattershot

Garden Hose
Your character holds a hose that is attached to the spawn point. It sprays a continuous rain of ink that deals damage comparable to a slosher's fall-off damage. It has infinite ink, but if an enemy steps on the hose, you can't spray. It also randomly gets twisted up, forcing you to miraculously find where it got twisted up to fix it. You can't hide, because the hose always shows your location. Not only that, but you can't go past the halfway point of stages, since the hose isn't long enough. Good luck!

A1
You can now savor the sweet taste of victory with A1. You fire by shaking the bottle at your feet, causing damage to everything around you. I'd say 100 damage per tick at Splattershot range is fair.
Special: Last drop
The last drop of a bottle of A1 is always the best, and this special proves it. You can only use it when you are out of ink. When it activates, you shake the controller furiously (NOT RECOMMENDED FOR HANDHELD MODE!). When you shake it enough, the last drop falls out, covering the entire map in your ink, and doing 200 damage to every enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom