McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
Some weapons need to be nerfed, but I believe there's also a huge elephant in the room and that's the ability Special Charge Up. I know people like to complain about non-interactive, hang back and spam specials, but this ability is the root cause of just about all of them. The fact that it works on every weapon in the game just means it's a pick your poison special.

Whether it's Pencil, either of the Aerosprays, Missile spam or whatever else you can think of, 90 percent of that playstyle and those players are probably running SCU. I believe it needs to be nerfed hard in this game and removed in the next one. When Damage/Defense Up and MPU were removed, usage of this ability surged along with Respawn Punisher. The reason being when you remove one problematic/broken ability, the player base will just look for and flock to the next one.

Cephalobro

I think that the bomb spam need some nerfing, notably, the Burst Bomb. Just slightly increasing its ink consumption should be enough to stop the spam.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Some weapons need to be nerfed, but I believe there's also a huge elephant in the room and that's the ability Special Charge Up. I know people like to complain about non-interactive, hang back and spam specials, but this ability is the root cause of just about all of them. The fact that it works on every weapon in the game just means it's a pick your poison special.
This might be getting into Splatoon 4 territory, but I've been thinking one way to curtail passive special farming could be to increase PFS with each successive use. Let's say +10p per use, but then -5p per death (until you're back down to base cost). I think just a tiny bit of rubberbanding could be beneficial here.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
I think that the bomb spam need some nerfing, notably, the Burst Bomb. Just slightly increasing its ink consumption should be enough to stop the spam.
i feel like burst bomb is already pretty hard to spam now, splash is pretty much the only weapon that can throw one and still fight for a long time after (and carbon too kinda but that weapon is so crippled without its burst bomb that i don't think it's really spamming them either). nerfing its cost much more than it already has been makes it a lot harder to use and, in my opinion, starts to introduce situations where you can't use it for what it's good at without nerfing yourself a huge amount, which is important utility for it to maintain imo

also, i'm not sure that special charge up needs to be nerfed in this game, though i do agree that removing it in future installments might be reasonable. people are going to spam specials no matter what, it's not like the existence of this ability will affect that at all, and i don't even think it really makes it that much worse, at least casually. i'm not sure i'm a big fan of changing how special charging works in general either to try to nerf it; i think splatoon's system is very very intuitive and i'd be against anything that makes it harder to understand when you're starting out with the game

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I personally wouldn’t change anything about special charge, outside of removing Charge Up in Splatoon 4 so weapons like Aerospray, N-ZAP, REEF-LUX, etc. can’t run 57 AP of it and get special every twelve seconds.
One thing I would change is adding a region around each team’s base where enemies cannot use or target specials. In part to prevent endgame special cheese in Turf War, (why can Strikes and Booyah paint the map after the timer ends but not brella shields?) in part to make it so lockouts can’t go right up to the enemy spawn. I would also make it impossible to super jump to teammates in this region. Obviously a change for the next game, but one I definitely think should be made. QoL on steroids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom