• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What is something you'd like to see in Splatoon 2?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I also want a system that automatically boots a player on the opposing team depending on how many players disconnected on your team.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
I also want a system that automatically boots a player on the opposing team depending on how many players disconnected on your team.
I bet many people wouldn’t be too thrilled about this.

Imagine you and your team are mopping the opposing team; let’s say there’s about 30 seconds left and two people rage quit. The game then decides to boot you and one of your teammates to the other team and y’all lose due to there being not enough time left. Would that be fair at all?

If they were to implement this then it should only be active when at least 2 people on one team leave, and the timer should for changing teams should only last until the first minute has passed. I could see this working in Turf War; not sure about ranked and League though.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
wait for that one guy who says,
"I want playable octolings!"
and everyone just face slaps

Neddibnu

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7712-4523-5030
More sloshing machine here, more sloshing machine there, more sloshing machine everywhere

AkameWoomy

Inkling
NNID
cheeseburger4169
Switch Friend Code
SW-4147-5374-8221
The rest of the Splatoon 1 weapons... Specifically the squiffer :")

pedrovsena

Inkling
NNID
pedrovsena
Switch Friend Code
SW-5991-4904-3204
Would be very awesome to have the nintendo clothes like mario, link etc

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Stable connection for everyone.

....no?

Okay, then just bring us the long awaited octoling armor*, all the old gear (including the legendary cap hat thing) and all the old maps back. Yes, all of them. Except for Hammerhead. Hammerhead can go *ngyes* itself.

*Probably coming with the OCTO expansion.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224

Imagine you and your team are mopping the opposing team; let’s say there’s about 30 seconds left and two people rage quit. The game then decides to boot you and one of your teammates to the other team and y’all lose due to there being not enough time left. Would that be fair at all?

If they were to implement this then it should only be active when at least 2 people on one team leave, and the timer should for changing teams should only last until the first minute has passed. I could see this working in Turf War; not sure about ranked and League though.
Just a random thought. What if, whenever somebody disconnects, for the rest of the match, the other team can only have an equal number of players to the team that suffered a disconnect. Players will be slotted in based on a tag team system upon being splatted.

For instance somebody disconnects from the one of the teams. It's now 3v4, once one person gets splatted on the team with 4, that player will not being able to respawn till another player is splatted and they take their place (the player switching place is still subject to that person's respawn time, as well as other respawn afflictions like Haunt or Respawn Punisher). So on and so forth. So even though one team has more players, there can only be an equal number of Inkling on each side at play (at least after somebody on the advantaged team gets splatted).
The standby player will be in a spectator mode where they can follow their teammates.

Just a thought.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Just a random thought. What if, whenever somebody disconnects, for the rest of the match, the other team can only have an equal number of players to the team that suffered a disconnect. Players will be slotted in based on a tag team system upon being splatted.

For instance somebody disconnects from the one of the teams. It's now 3v4, once one person gets splatted on the team with 4, that player will not being able to respawn till another player is splatted and they take their place (the player switching place is still subject to that person's respawn time, as well as other respawn afflictions like Haunt or Respawn Punisher). So on and so forth. So even though one team has more players, there can only be an equal number of Inkling on each side at play (at least after somebody on the advantaged team gets splatted).
The standby player will be in a spectator mode where they can follow their teammates.

Just a thought.
This would make it a tactical advantage to disconnect if your team was far behind, and this would just mash the game into oblivion. The game would also have to take into account ranks and weapons etc, because let’s say you have a team of a dynamo, blaster, charger and aerospray in turf war, and said areospray is splatted, the three shooters on the team with the DC would be at a ludicrous advantage.
(Terrible example, I know, but you can catch my drift)

I honestly can’t think of a quicker way for Nintendo to put people off Splatoon ;)

Last edited:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
This would make it a tactical advantage to disconnect if your team was far behind, and this would just mash the game into oblivion. The game would also have to take into account ranks and weapons etc, because let’s say you have a team of a dynamo, blaster, charger and aerospray in turf war, and said areospray is splatted, the three shooters on the team with the DC would be at a ludicrous advantage.
(Terrible example, I know, but you can catch my drift)

I honestly can’t think of a quicker way for Nintendo to put people off Splatoon ;)
Then when the next person on the team is splatted, the Aerospray is back. Simple as that. I'd much rather the team with more players be gimped temporarily than the team with less players being permanently gimped for the rest of the game. Naturally, if you aren't being splatted as much, chances are you are the one contributing more, this would also reward people for doing well, as they won't be thrown into the backlog as much. A team having to play with one person always in backlog is no more of a disadvantage than playing one player down in random queue.

I mean, of course League will not be affected by this. But I mean, in Turf Wars and normal Ranked, where your team and opponents are completely random, the weapons selection your teammates have is already completely out of any control, there was unlikely to be much of a tactical advantage to begin with, if there was, the performance of each player and how long they are able to stay alive will naturally sort out what works and what doesn't.

Last edited:

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411

Just a thought.
Eh, but then you'll have people who'll get impatient with spectating. Sure, you can die quick in S2, but not every player goes in and tries to splat everything and anything they see. You'll have people who like to retreat and play defensively and support others; squid parties are also a thing where no one else could get splated for the rest of the match, although squid parties are outliers usually.

In my opinion, they should go with spawning in bots to take a DC'd user's assets and program the object to paint the map and attempt the splat nearby opposition within a certain radius. It'll most likely be easy to splat, but atleast the disadvantaged team has something helping them out objectively.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Being down a teammate isn't fair either, especially at the beginning of a match. I'd rather have the opposing team be taught a lesson for spawn camping you just because you were down a member early on. :cool:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Eh, but then you'll have people who'll get impatient with spectating. Sure, you can die quick in S2, but not every player goes in and tries to splat everything and anything they see. You'll have people who like to retreat and play defensively and support others; squid parties are also a thing where no one else could get splated for the rest of the match, although squid parties are outliers usually.

In my opinion, they should go with spawning in bots to take a DC'd user's assets and program the object to paint the map and attempt the splat nearby opposition within a certain radius. It'll most likely be easy to splat, but atleast the disadvantaged team has something helping them out objectively.
While it certainly isn't a perfect solution that will please everybody involved 100% of the time, we're are dealing with a situation where you really can't please everybody 100% of the time, it's just inherent in the scenario.

Even in the scenario where an AI is slotted in, is that really helping? Other than putting up a facade that there are still 4 players on a team? Cause honestly, unless they make the AI really good, or cheat and has aim bot attached to it, the AI is probably not gonna perform anywhere near that of the player that did disconnect. I wouldn't enjoy it cause it just means one more blot of my enemies' team ink on the field every time they get splatted. Not to mention unless they make AI specifically tailored to ranked, their contributions will be non-existent, or even detrimental in the case of Splat Zones where their splat could be the difference between the enemy gaining control or not.
This AI solution might not be so bad in Turf Wars, since that mode is not entirely serious and the tides can change any moment. In Ranked, it is a whole other story because there is actually a rank on the line with each match. While the AI isn't necessarily hurting (unless its Splat Zones and the above happens), them being there isn't really making the uneven match anymore fair.

While certainly, the slotted out player might become discontent if they aren't being slotted in fast enough, a situation where they wouldn't be would only boil down to a few situations.
1. The other 3 players and the other team are all Squid partying, in which you were doomed already.
2. Two are squid partying and one guy is just god tier. I mean, props to that guy for not getting splatted, but that's kind of unlikely... The more likely situation is the 3rd guy is gonna get splatted petty quickly and then it's your turn and you two go on an endless cycle of doom.
3. Your team is winning and suppressing them. Which I mean, shouldn't really complain. Enjoy your power squad.
4. All three are being pushed playing defense and trying to stay alive for a prologues period to time. Yes, you contribution may help, but you're being kept out because your contribution would mean an unfair advantage. But let's be honestly, how often does this happen and nobody isn't being splatted like every 10 seconds?

But I mean, splats in most situations are not uncommon if the game is a stalemate or your are on the losing end. And if you are on a fabulous winning end, one should not really complain.

The suggestions was geared more towards maintaining a sense of fairness in situations where it matter more. Especially in Ranked, there is nothing more annoying than getting a crack because the game put you in an unfair 3v4 (DC only prevents losing your rank, but you can still get cracks to your meter). My suggestion remedies that by forcing the other team to play a 3v3 game, despite them having 4 players. Slotted in AI unless they were godly would not really have made that 3v4 situation any better in Ranked.

Last edited:

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid

I just played first Splatoon for nostalgia and still not understand why the 3 mains abilities showed under special bar have been removed in Splatoon 2. It was so useful because you could know when abilities like Tenacity, comeback and last ditch effort were active. It was also nice if you followed a player on youtube so you could imagine what kind of build they were using which a certain weapon, while now you have no idea in which abilities they are using

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Compensating for teams with D/C's should be pretty simple: Give them a respawn time buff, special charge buff and ink recovery buff.

Zapping people from playing the game to even back out the teams is a bad idea, because it can be exploited and make it potentially beneficial to D/C. Plus it's a whole lot of more game code added to incorporate this idea, while giving people boosts is pretty simple.

There's at least the very rare amusing scenario of a team scoring a quad and then that team D/C's entirely in one go, leaving the other team locked into spawn until the game times out.

the

Inkling Commander

I just played first Splatoon for nostalgia and still not understand why the 3 mains abilities showed under special bar have been removed in Splatoon 2. It was so useful because you could know when abilities like Tenacity, comeback and last ditch effort were active. It was also nice if you followed a player on youtube so you could imagine what kind of build they were using which a certain weapon, while now you have no idea in which abilities they are using
I was just thinking about this yesterday! I have no idea why they removed this, it was pretty useful and I took it for granted in the first game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom