• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is your Achilles Heel?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
that phenomenon where the game shows
Good advice. While I usually keep myself from charging them, I will do so sometimes when I think I can splat them before they can swing. But what really trips me up is how they move in the air, turn, and swing. I've attacked many a dynamo from the side, only to get splatted, or at best, trade. I need to work on my timing with them I guess. The intimidation factors into it too.
Another cool trick to apply is cancelling you swim animation by holding zl firing once and swimming away
Also if you spam zr like a nozzlehose player and quickly change direction away from the dynamo it make it hard to position itself and then you can attack

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Going on tilt, finding a time to flank when my teammates at the front line are still alive, and planning an indirect attack route.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
finding a time to flank when my teammates at the front line are still alive
Do you mean that your teammates are fighting at the front lines or they're pushing back the enemy?

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I really suck at using chargers, I can't aim very well. I usually use the octobrush so it doesn't matter much, although I can usually aim fine with close range weapons, like the Splattershot and N'Zap weapons, since it's not as precise. And sometimes I don't pay enough attention as kraken and accidently fall through grates.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Also, one thing I've noticed is that I have a bad habit of going full-boar into enemy territory and assaulting any squid in sight. Now it wouldn't be much of a problem normally, but I still do so even if I'm using a weapon that performs poorly in close range, such as a Splatling or the Jet Squelcher. This is a problem I've had for years, and it's been the cause of many an unnecessary death. I'll probably have to start calling myself the Suicide Squid if it never lets up.

Gatsby

Pro Squid
I haven't quite figured out all the faults in my gameplay, but my biggest issue is trying to become good at a certain weapon I am currently A rank and can use all the weapons except the nozzlenoses.( haven't tried them yet ) I can't decide which weapons to use I'm good with chargers and long range shooters Splattershot pros and squelchers. Especially custom jet. Best part is it outranges dynamo even though dual squelchers don't the very edge of Dynamo doesn't contain the kill potential that the center of the range does. Basically center of swing is stronger than the maximum range area.

Largest fault is choosing a weapon.
I hate TC with a passion. #BLASTER_OP!!

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
For starters, my aim. It's... horrendous. I can't count the amount of times I could've won engagements had my aim actually been good. Like seriously, it's ridiculous. Another weakness of mine probably has to be awareness. There are times where the enemy gets the jump on me because I get too caught up in what's happening that I don't look at my surroundings (it's cost me quite a bit of TW matches). Then there are the times where I just don't know what to do. I'll be in a spot and don't leave because I just have no clue on how to effectively deal with the situation. My last big issue has to be one I'm seeing with everyone here and that's going in guns a blazing. I often times put myself in situations that I just can't win (like using a Neo Splash or Dual Squelcher up close against a Dynamo or a 52/96 Gal... not winning any of those fights...).

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Right now, I'm realising that I'm too gear-reliant with the Sloshing Machine. If I run some :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksaversub::ability_inkrecovery: with the vanilla, I can get some awesome bomb combos (as the SM needs one less hit if the opponent hasn't much Defence and is hit indirectly by a Splat Bomb). If I don't run :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:, I too frequently feel like any confrontation is committal, as I'm less likely to be able to escape if it doesn't go favourably. If I do run :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:, I take an extra hit from the majority of Shooters, which is huge... but then wind up running out of ink and/or biting off more than I can chew. If I don't run :ability_inkresistance:, I pass up a great opportunity for all-round insurance. And if I do run :ability_damage::ability_damage:, I get loads more 2HKOs or 1HKOs with a direct hit. I want 11 ability slots! 12, if you count a :ability_runspeed: for good measure.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Right now, I'm realising that I'm too gear-reliant with the Sloshing Machine. If I run some :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksaversub::ability_inkrecovery: with the vanilla, I can get some awesome bomb combos (as the SM needs one less hit if the opponent hasn't much Defence and is hit indirectly by a Splat Bomb). If I don't run :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:, I too frequently feel like any confrontation is committal, as I'm less likely to be able to escape if it doesn't go favourably. If I do run :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:, I take an extra hit from the majority of Shooters, which is huge... but then wind up running out of ink and/or biting off more than I can chew. If I don't run :ability_inkresistance:, I pass up a great opportunity for all-round insurance. And if I do run :ability_damage::ability_damage:, I get loads more 2HKOs or 1HKOs with a direct hit. I want 11 ability slots! 12, if you count a :ability_runspeed: for good measure.
Put on 2 hats or 2 shirts. Or better yet, put on a coat and wear a shirt underneath

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Do you mean that your teammates are fighting at the front lines or they're pushing back the enemy?
Just paying attention to when they are doing either while also staying alert to not die.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just paying attention to when they are doing either while also staying alert to not die.
I guess that comes down to personal priorities. In my case, I usually stay in the back, so I take priority on knowing who's where and often check the map, but that's mostly because I'm not in immediate danger of getting flanked and it's sort of my job as the "bodyguard". In the front lines where you're constantly under fire it's understandable to take different priorities, so maybe trying to find a safe place to slow down and take a look around you from time to time might be a good place to start

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
i tend to swim into bombs. it's a running joke in my squad at this point. i'm being more aware of them now, but i've also switched my gear back to ninja squid and can't get away from them in time.

other than that, i tend to challenge .52s head on. as an octobrush. you can imagine how well that goes.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
i tend to swim into bombs. it's a running joke in my squad at this point. i'm being more aware of them now, but i've also switched my gear back to ninja squid and can't get away from them in time.

other than that, i tend to challenge .52s head on. as an octobrush. you can imagine how well that goes.
Yes I know the feeling really well, one trick to prevent this is (for shooters) tap zr while swimming and push zl in the opposite direction, it is faster than turning and gives you a slightly better chance to avoid bombs

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231

Would Bomb Sniffer help?
And yeah, challenging a shooter from the front probably isn't the best idea...

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
Defending myself at close range with a Kelp/Bento Splatterscope, and not getting into the action fast enough.
Also, E-Liters. If they are bad, I can easily ambush them and snipe them when they aren't looking, but when they're actually good, it's a whole 'nother story.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
id say not being able to activate my special in time even when i feel like i do (i click the stick and im already dead..)
that or always doing it at the exact wrong time
i tend to run into bombs a LOT Too its just silly

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
id say not being able to activate my special in time even when i feel like i do (i click the stick and im already dead..)
that or always doing it at the exact wrong time
i tend to run into bombs a LOT Too its just silly
I feel this hardcore...
As someone that mains splattershot jr. and uses bubbler, I tend to bubble too late if I forget to keep my guard up.
Sometimes lag gets me killed too, since I activate my bubble and lag's like "NOPE! NOT IN TIME SUCKER" and then I die.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Blasters. I'm a complete fool when it comes to dealing with someone using them. I'm used to narrowly dodging someone's shots as I close in for the kill, and that just doesn't work against a blaster with its exploding balls of ink. Either I just barely don't dodge enough, and end up splatted. Or I do, and the explosion gets me. Or I'm held in place by the sudden appearance of enemy ink on my feet, and as I recognize that… Splat!

I have the same issue as well, and of course it's especially frustrating when I'm using one of the few weapons I have with the bubbler. I'm always just a few milliseconds too late!

Sometimes lag gets me killed too, since I activate my bubble and lag's like "NOPE! NOT IN TIME SUCKER" and then I die.
I hate it when that happens. Especially since it's seemingly happened every single time I did pull of activating the bubbler before getting splatted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom