What is your personal weakness as a player?

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I personally feel as if I'm holding myself back from not putting more work into learning about proper positioning, movement, and game awareness.
I already know what I'm supposed to do and I would still say I'm not bad at it but I could be so much better if I just decided to fully commit to the process of improving.
I need to be able to rewatch all my replays regardless of whether or not I lost, check through the resources that I have access to, and overall just spend more time learning about the game and less time playing it which can be hard for me because I just really love playing Splatoon despite the issues I have with the game.

Besides that, I also need to be willing to test out my ideas in Open more often even if they don't end up working out.
I'm not playing Series or X Rank after all so I shouldn't put too much weight on whether or not I lose, my focus should be on how I'm playing and what needs to be changed.

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i really like this thread, it's good for ppl to self-reflect like this!
anyways, the first thing that comes to mind is my poor spatial awareness, which makes things especially difficult as an inkbrush enjoyer. it's not bad enough to be debilitating, but i do often find myself not getting close enough to actually hit people reliably. this also affects how i position myself on the map, since this game likes to have few flank routes i sometimes enter feeding spells that i can't get out of. this might be more of a brush problem than a me problem??? maybe????? idk?
i also have a tendency to get too emotionally involved- not in a ragey putz12 way, but in a "WE LOST AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT I LET THESE PEOPLE DOWN" way. i've been working on this and i've gotten WAAAY better with managing stress, but MAN it made certain splatfests actively painful for me. (i had to take a month-long break after the deep cut fest, i was tilted for practically the entire duration and it wore down on me pretty hard...)
i also tend to turn my brain off during matches and go-with-the-flow, which works sometimes but does not help me in situations where i need deductive reasoning and problem solving lmao

Neko :D

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Hmmm, my weakness is probably focusing on one small thing and not helping my teammates, which ultimately leads to my team losing in any game mode. But in each separate game mode, it would probably go like this:

- Turf War: I either stay at base for too long, allowing the enemy to block in. OR.... I don't ink base at all and stay at the enemy's instead, which means that we may have gotten far into their base, but overall, they definitely inked more. I also tend to joke around and get distracted. An example would be goofing off in front of an enemy and they do it too, I end up trusting them and then realize that the don't care about friendship :Cries into nearby pillow:

-Splat Zones: I get my special charged up, but never use it until it's too late. I also stray from the zones and sometimes forget that it's splat zones and not turf war TvT

-Rainmaker: I am terrible at controlling the rainmaker. I usually use faster paced weapons, and when it's so slow like that, I get flustered and die early on and take my teammates down with me because they thought they could "protect me"

-Clam Blitz: I personally don't play clam blitz a lot, so that's an obvious reason why I suck. But when I DO play, I act nice to my teammates and let them get the clams I was going to get, and they end up dying and I can't exactly dodge very well, so we always lose. Another problem is that when I have clams and the barrier is broken, I walk right into an enemy and never get the clams to the basket.

-Salmon Run: All I care about are Golden Eggs. I don't care if a swarm of chums are hovering right over them, I just go and grab them. I end up dying and my teammates actually play the game and save me, which causes the salmonid to swarm into a concentrated area. And by the time that happens, I have used up my two special packs, and then we all die. (Yes I am one of those people, unfortunately) In Xtra Wave I get super hyped up and always end up losing because the knowledge that I could get tons of scales overwhelms me and I stray from what I'm actually supposed to be doing, causing us to die in the first few seconds.

JAB18

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
I have 2 real big weaknesses.

#1: I tend to not be the best at restraint. I main mini splatling (Vimi, not Zimi) and I was playing a game on lemuria hub zones. I got a whopping 8 ultra stamps that game. There are a few problems with that.
I got splatted in an ultra stamp 7 times.
only 2 of the 5 splats I got that game were with an ultra stamp.
If I had just thrown my stamp every time, I would've:
Gotten splatted doing it 0 times
probably gotten 3 splats instead of 2.

#2: I am always distracted by the newest thing. I have an extremely diverse weapon pool, and although Vimi is my main, I play everything from Vshot, to E-leiter 3K, to Sblast, to even REEF-LUX deco, and I think that I am suffering because I am trying to split my training between a bajillion different weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom