• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What loadout do you think you'll be running/maining competitively?

NNID DubaloSeven

Inkster Jr.
Like the title says, what will your loadout be for tournaments and hardcore online play?

I'm looking at the paintroller, paint grenade, and all speed-based perks. I think this would let me get around well and cover alot of area in a short amount of time, along with potential for interesting flanking setups. The only downside would be my retreating options would be weak if I got stranded as I can only really swim in a straight line until I hit another player's ink.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Probably going to roll out with the .52 Gal, Paint Grenade and as many speed/damage perks as possible. My thinking being my aim is pretty solid and the .52 Gal has a 2 shot kill from what I can see, use grenades to flush them out and the speed perks to close the gap. It also has decent coverage too. Downsides obviously being range, the .52 Gal hasn't got great range, it's still decent but I'll have to have good movement and positioning not to die a lot.

Setu

These are some of my ideas:
1. Paint Brush + Sprinkler or ink wall + Killer Wail - Distract the opponents
2. Splat Charger + Ink wall + Inkstrike - Defensive tank
3. Jet Squelcher(in case you didn't know, it's a higher ranged rapid fire and looks like a drill) + Ink Gredade + Inkstrike - Well-rounded loadout
4. Paint Roller + Sprinkler + Inkzooka - In charge of covering ink

Imo this would be an ideal team, but the roller would have to be defended by teammates.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I like to play Scout in TF2, so it'll be interesting playing the Ink Brush, for its speed, and also because you get access to the sprinkler (it spreads tons of ink, which makes up for the brush's lackluster ink coverage).

Last edited:

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
3. Jet Squelcher(in case you didn't know, it's a higher ranged rapid fire and looks like a drill) + Ink Gredade + Inkstrike - Well-rounded loadout
Do you have any sort of media about this? I've never read or seen anything about this.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
I like to play Scout in TF2, so it'll be interesting playing the Ink Brush, for its speed, and also because you get access to the sprinkler (it spreads tons of ink, which makes up for the brush lackluster ink coverage).
I played a TON of Spy in TF2, so it makes me happy that "stealth" is a thing all characters can do. I'm definitely gonna at least try to replicate the Spy feel with melee weapons and generally being sneaky/annoying.

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
Skip to 10:37 if it doesn't automatically.
Thanks! I actually watched this video just yesterday and totally missed the "leak". It was another rapid fire weapon so I guess it didnt really catch my attention :P The shape of the gun reminds me of Plasma Rifle from Halo series.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Most likely the charge shot and the ink roller. :P

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump

Is this absolute or is it possible it's some form of weapon skin? After reading a fair few articles it mentioned nothing of the sort and all the weapon styles seem fairly filled. Splat Jr. for your Sub, Splattershot for your Assault Rifle and .52 Gal for the Battle Rifle/High Cal. From what I can see unless they nerf the damage hard, it'll basically be a better version of the Splattershot?

Like wtf is that!? It's clearly the Splattershot Jr/Splattershot. but it's skinned as a painball gun. Is it possible it's a reskin?

Setu

Is this absolute or is it possible it's some form of weapon skin? After reading a fair few articles it mentioned nothing of the sort and all the weapon styles seem fairly filled. Splat Jr. for your Sub, Splattershot for your Assault Rifle and .52 Gal for the Battle Rifle/High Cal. From what I can see unless they nerf the damage hard, it'll basically be a better version of the Splattershot?

Like wtf is that!? It's clearly the Splattershot Jr/Splattershot. but it's skinned as a painball gun. Is it possible it's a reskin?
Well the name is officially "Jet Squelcher" as it says from the kill cam. And it doesn't look like a variant of anything else.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Well the name is officially "Jet Squelcher" as it says from the kill cam. And it doesn't look like a variant of anything else.
Oh good point, I missed that, keen eyes! Well that has got me interested then because there is an interesting looking Sniper-esque rifle in some of the trailers that is definitely not the Charge Rifle we see a lot of and now I'm thinking it's an entirely new weapon!? I'll grab a screenie soon!

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
I will almost-definitely be maining one of the charge rifles. As for which one... hard to say. Probably not the Classic Squiffer, as I don't want to sacrifice range. But it'll take experimentation to settle on one.

XenobiaXD

Inkling
NNID
XenobiaXD
I'm really loving the charge gun but the Jet Squelcher looks cool, I hadn't seen that one yet. Also the pistol that fires exploding blobs looks good. Honestly I'll figure out what I like by playing it but those 3 look promising atm.

Nin☆Jun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Dantel
Splattershot Jr. + Ink Wall + Bomb Barrage.

I'm all about the defensive... as well as surprise attacks and bombing. :D

DaKid

Pro Squid
The Jet Squelcher has a low rate of fire and splat radius compared to the Splattershot, but shoots more accurately and further than it. Also the "Ink Wall" is called the Splash Wall.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Oh good point, I missed that, keen eyes! Well that has got me interested then because there is an interesting looking Sniper-esque rifle in some of the trailers that is definitely not the Charge Rifle we see a lot of and now I'm thinking it's an entirely new weapon!? I'll grab a screenie soon!
That weapon is actually known as the "Hero Shot", I believe. I think they said it somewhere in that video posted above, if not I'll have to find i again. But yeah, I remembered hearing that in a video. In the adventure mode, all the weapons you use have that badass-techno-y look to 'em, with the blue dots and overall black color.

As for the loadouts, I'm REALLY digging the Brush's loadout. The sprinkler rocks, and works well with the brush's overall ability to distract people.

Last edited:

XenobiaXD

Inkling
NNID
XenobiaXD
That weapon is actually known as the "Hero Shot", I believe. I think they said it somewhere in that video posted above, if not I'll have to find i again. But yeah, I remembered hearing that in a video. In the adventure mode, all the weapons you use have that badass-techno-y look to 'em, with the blue dots and overall black color.

As for the loadouts, I'm REALLY digging the Brush's loadout. The sprinkler rocks, and works well with the brush's overall ability to distract people.
I think that the Hero Shot is only available in the story mode so we won't be seeing that in multiplayer.

Protom

Pro Squid
I'm hoping for a sniper + ink wall + ink nuke setup.
Or paintbrush + grenade + mega phone setup
I usually like playing either sneaky or campy in most games, and those two wold fulfill my wants..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom