What other modes do you expect?

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
How about a survival mode where you actually have to get rid of the opposing team, instead of just inking the field?

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Already said a zillion times but Capture the Flag is a must.
DLC is confirmed so I'm sure when people eventually grow tired of the two modes Nintendo will be like HUZZAH, heres [whatever].

While conventional game modes would be cool, I'm sure we're going to get something completely new what with these game mechanics, I'm excited not knowing.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Already said a zillion times but Capture the Flag is a must.
DLC is confirmed so I'm sure when people eventually grow tired of the two modes Nintendo will be like HUZZAH, heres [whatever].

While conventional game modes would be cool, I'm sure we're going to get something completely new what with these game mechanics, I'm excited not knowing.
They have a "Capture the Area". Does that count?

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
They have a "Capture the Area". Does that count?
Not quite! The Splat Zone mode is more focused on your team pressing ahead and fighting over a spot, then doing your best to guard it till the time runs out.
Capture the flag would mean you'd need both offense to obtain the flag, and defense to keep your own flag safe.
I think one interesting way they could make a CTF mode better would be preventing the person with the flag to turn into squid form, forcing them to either fight their way out or have their allies back them up to the capture point.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Not quite! The Splat Zone mode is more focused on your team pressing ahead and fighting over a spot, then doing your best to guard it till the time runs out.
Capture the flag would mean you'd need both offense to obtain the flag, and defense to keep your own flag safe.
I think one interesting way they could make a CTF mode better would be preventing the person with the flag to turn into squid form, forcing them to either fight their way out or have their allies back them up to the capture point.
Almost the same thing really. You must have a good offense to take over the area, then have a good defense to protect the area from the opposing team... The only difference I see is that everyone will be moving from different locations.

Nester

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
Community Ambassador
Really hoping for a Capture the Flag style mode. Not being able to turn into a squid as the flag holder would be perfect!

Copilot

Senior Squid
NNID
CosmicCondor
No, they're completely different modes. The big and obvious differences are that in CTF there are two opposing objectives (there's only one in Splat Zones), and the placement of the objectives, where it would be on ends of the map in CTF, while it would be centered in Splat Zones. As well, the way the match plays out is different, where CTF is about grabbing a tangible object, Splat Zones is about controlling a territory. The thing that results from this is that in CTF, both teams have to constantly be on attack and defense, whereas in Splat Zones, both teams begin in offense, but then transitions into the team who is in control of the point being on the defense, with the opposing team being on offense. They are very much two vastly different game modes.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Maybe we could see a 3v3/2v2 mode implemented, but Nintendo seems to be set on the idea of 4v4. It makes me think how private rooms will work if there is an uneven amount of players

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
variations of 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3
Team Deathmatch
Free For All (deathmatch)
Free For All (turf war)
King of the Hill... Maybe Ink based or just player occupancy
Control Points
Payload
Hardcore Deathmatch
No respawns. First to lose all their inklings lose. If a tie, Over time
Team Deathmatch Modified
The Amount of ink the team has on the field will determine the amount of points a kill is worth. The more Ink you have the more points each kill is worth. Maybe kills got 1-10 being the limit. a higher point cap sounds like a good idea
Capture the Shrimp
(squids love shrimp) the shrimp is an object that should be running away from all the inklings. It can go anywhere the inklings can in squid form. It leaves a trail that slows all inklings down. There is only one shrimp on the map. The team to catch the most wins. When a player that is in possession of the shrimp is killed, the shrimp remains stunned for 5 seconds for the enemy to pick up. After 5 seconds it will wake up and instantly jump to an area away from all inklings. (or maybe go into panic mode for 10 seconds where it gets super fast)
Grab the Crab
Teams must capture the crab at the center of the map and then bring it to their base. the first one to 20 successful steals win. The catch is you can't shoot while you have the crab. You gain the ability to jump. You can use the crab to melee. One hit, one kill. Here's the two catches. The crab while in the middle can attack players. You have to shoot keep shooting it until you have it dazed. It attacks kinda slow, but one hit one kill. When dropped you have 5 seconds until the crab burrows into the ground and returns to center stage
Hokie Dokie
Hokie is a fish that squid eat* You have to make it to the other inklings base and grab the hokie. Bring it back to your base and you score. If you are killed while carrying the hokie, you drop it. It hits the ground and becomes no good. You have to go all the way to base to get another one.
Octodash
a 4 person mode. 1 squad only. You have to survive waves of enemies. Constantly getting harder and harder. Once all players die you lose. Players do not respawn until next wave. After living one wave you have 5-10 seconds to get ready. You start with full health. I think there should be airborne enemies in this one too. Some enemies drop from the sky while others come from 1 of 8 different entrances. Usually the ones that drop from the sky are ones' that are stationary. They can't move but they shoot stuff from cannons or something
Ink zombies
Oh no zombies attack. They aren't your slow dumb zombies either. They are really fast,smart, can jump, and made of ink. Players face of vs each other. 1 team of ink zombies vs another team of Inklings. The ink zombies cannot shoot, cannot transform into squids. They however can jump.(maybe double jump) They have a farther melee (ty tentacles) and they can run through various objects such as grates, fences,and what not. They can even fit through tight spaces the inklings cannot. Zombies leave a trail of ink where ever they go. This ink lets them run faster. Teams face of two times. Each team plays once as Inklings and once as Zombies. Jumping to your other inklings is disabled
Jelly Belly
8 player mode, where one person is possession of the the JELLY, mmmmmm. The longer this person holds on to the Jelly the more points they score. You have 10 minutes. The moment you are killed is the moment the Jelly is transferred to the person that delivered the killing blow. All players know where the person who has the Jelly is. They appear on the map and they have a tall beam of light that can be seen from great distances over their head. The player with the Jelly does not know where the other players are
Absolute Madness
players face off in this free for all match. First person to 100 points wins. Heres the catch. There is no where to hide. No where to run. You are all in a ring, with nothing to hide behind, nothing to jump. IT is literally nothing but 4 walls, a floor, and 8 inklings. GOOOOOOO may the best man win
Octo Cannon
Players fight over a single weapon. The Octo Cannon. The octopus army has developed a most evil weapon. An 8 chambered water cannon. The only kills that count are kills with the squid cannon. While holding the squid cannon, you cannot transform into a squid. You can't spread ink to use. It has a charge time but it is a 1 shot kill regardless of where it hits. You can drop the Octo Cannon and pick it back up again.
Sharp Shootin'
a very special mode. All players are using the game's equivalent to a sniper rifle. Each squad spawns opposite of each other on two different platforms. The platforms are completely separated from each other. you cannot reach the other team, other than shooting them. Between them is water, and under them is water. The platform has objects to hide behind. The objective of the team is to shoot down as many of the flying enemies as possible by the end of 7 minutes. Here is where things get tricky. Each team has a color. Say you are Blue. You want to shoot ONLY the Orange enemies. If you shoot Blue enemy down, you will score a point for the ENEMY TEAM. Killing other players does not score points. It does however keep them from scoring points for a little bit. The flying enemies are constantly moving around. You won't be able to hit them if you stay in one spot. They will fly low and high, forward and backwards, and right and left.
Time trial
How fast can you ink the entire map. And/or another variation of the mode where you can see how fast can you traverse various maps. Kind of like Mirrors edge.
Those are just some modes I want and some modes I could think of. I'm sure if I sat here all day I could think of a lot of them.[/spoiler]​

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
What about a mode akin to Bob-omb Blast from Mario Kart: Double Dash? I really doubt there's any chance of it, but if it restricted weapons to explosives, it could be really hectic. I think this sounds more like a variation of existing game types, like in a lot of other shooters where you can edit the rules for the match, such as forcing everyone to use specific weapons. Whether that happened or it became an actual thing doesn't matter to me, I think it'd be chaotic and great. :P

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
What about a mode akin to Bob-omb Blast from Mario Kart: Double Dash? I really doubt there's any chance of it, but if it restricted weapons to explosives, it could be really hectic. I think this sounds more like a variation of existing game types, like in a lot of other shooters where you can edit the rules for the match, such as forcing everyone to use specific weapons. Whether that happened or it became an actual thing doesn't matter to me, I think it'd be chaotic and great. :p
We need something like this in the game lmao it would be the best

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
What about a mode akin to Bob-omb Blast from Mario Kart: Double Dash? I really doubt there's any chance of it, but if it restricted weapons to explosives, it could be really hectic. I think this sounds more like a variation of existing game types, like in a lot of other shooters where you can edit the rules for the match, such as forcing everyone to use specific weapons. Whether that happened or it became an actual thing doesn't matter to me, I think it'd be chaotic and great. :p
Or maybe something similar to Frantic item set in double dash. People get like power items only.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Or maybe something similar to Frantic item set in double dash. People get like power items only.
Yeah, that's a great idea. That would be so insane. I do think they should add some really crazy variations to the game like this though. Ones that can be so ridiculous and just cause laughs for everyone. It'd be nice to have modes like that. I'm sure plenty of people have had those moments where they can't even be mad at dying/losing because what happened was just so stupid. I definitely have. o_O

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
Yeah, that's a great idea. That would be so insane. I do think they should add some really crazy variations to the game like this though. Ones that can be so ridiculous and just cause laughs for everyone. It'd be nice to have modes like that. I'm sure plenty of people have had those moments where they can't even be mad at dying/losing because what happened was just so stupid. I definitely have. o_O
I got the idea for the Absolute Madness mode I suggested.

I was with a friend and I got invited to a game with a bunch of people in Halo 3. One of the custom stages was hilarious. We all had Sniper rifles and Rocket launchers. Just a flat stage. 4 walls, a floor, no obstacles. Just players lol. It was free for all, It was so lolzy.

A Cube mode would be amazing.

Its Mario Kart 8 inspired. You can walk on any sides of the cube. Gravity is dictated based on what plane you are on. You can shoot players on any side of the cube x) the Objective could be turf war or deathmatches. That sounds like it would be quite fun.

Actilide

Inkling Cadet

I was with a friend and I got invited to a game with a bunch of people in Halo 3. One of the custom stages was hilarious. We all had Sniper rifles and Rocket launchers. Just a flat stage. 4 walls, a floor, no obstacles. Just players lol. It was free for all, It was so lolzy.

A Cube mode would be amazing.

Its Mario Kart 8 inspired. You can walk on any sides of the cube. Gravity is dictated based on what plane you are on. You can shoot players on any side of the cube x) the Objective could be turf war or deathmatches. That sounds like it would be quite fun.
Please Game Devs, PLEASE

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks

You spawn with the Barrier super active at a random spot in the room you just described. The moment if fades you are given an Inkzooka and told "Good luck kid!". The super weapon you charge up is the Ink Strike. Let the chaos begin!

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
I'm hoping they reveal more at the Direct coming on the 7th. I'm rooting for both round based asymmetric/symmetric objective mode (Paint Bomb, CTF, VIP?) but we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom