• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What other modes do you expect?

Noventia

Inkster Jr.
I'm hoping for a capture the flag mode l, as that's my favourite mode in most shooters (first or third person)
and a mode with 4 teams would be amazing.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I got the idea for the Absolute Madness mode I suggested.

I was with a friend and I got invited to a game with a bunch of people in Halo 3. One of the custom stages was hilarious. We all had Sniper rifles and Rocket launchers. Just a flat stage. 4 walls, a floor, no obstacles. Just players lol. It was free for all, It was so lolzy.

A Cube mode would be amazing.

Its Mario Kart 8 inspired. You can walk on any sides of the cube. Gravity is dictated based on what plane you are on. You can shoot players on any side of the cube x) the Objective could be turf war or deathmatches. That sounds like it would be quite fun.
That does sound pretty interesting to me!

I'm so excited to find out what the other modes are in Splatoon. Other people have mentioned FFA modes, though it doesn't seem like any of the maps are designed with that kind of gameplay in mind. It's possible they could create some unique maps specifically for FFA modes, and I honestly hope so. I understand this is a team-based shooter, but it would be really fun to grab some friends and go into a FFA match with a rainbow of ink everywhere.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
Lol I'm so silly. I suggested over 20 different modes in this thread and yet I forgot such a simple mode that just about Everyone would appreciate.

A mode where your gear doesn't affect you character. So you can wear anything you want without worrying about the stats it gives you or the stats your enemy gets from their own gear.

:3 If only mario kart 8 had this mode.

DaKid

Pro Squid
It would be cool if theirs a totally new mode that only works because of Splatoon's mechanics.

BedBison

Inkster Jr.
I'd like to see a Capture the Leader type mode, like capture the flag but you have to capture a actual player and the rest of the team tries to protect that person.

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Looks like everyone wants CTF mode. Personally I'd love a mode that incorporates obstacles in the manner that you find in single player.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i really dont think standard ctf would be appropriate for splatoon, since it's not based around the ink mechanic

what if it was reverse ctf? like you have to go into a teams base and shoot at their flag to destroy it or something... it could be a giant electric catfish you have to set free, for example. or there's checkpoints you have to cover in ink before you can make it to their base

just spitballing ideas

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
i really dont think standard ctf would be appropriate for splatoon, since it's not based around the ink mechanic

what if it was reverse ctf? like you have to go into a teams base and shoot at their flag to destroy it or something... it could be a giant electric catfish you have to set free, for example. or there's checkpoints you have to cover in ink before you can make it to their base

just spitballing ideas
You mean splatballing ideas? :rolleyes:

I see what you mean about that though. Maybe the "flag" could be something you need to fill up with ink before capping. You either have to fill it up before you can take it, or take it right away but it has to hold a certain amount of ink before it can be captured? Perhaps the ink will slowly drain while it's being carried, or maybe it just loses a bunch of ink if the person carrying it drops it. I'm not sure.

I do think a capture point type of mode would be neat too. It's kind of been discussed already, but it's almost like several, smaller Splat Zones on the map but it might require unique maps just for that mode. Attack/Defence is another mode that could work but would likely need unique maps. I suppose it all depends, really. I'm sure you could easily take an existing map, and just add in some walls/fences to block off certain areas until a team has capped the nearby point.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Yeah! I love "break into the other team's base" gamemodes. I don't expect it because it would probably require a new set of maps, but a squid can dream.

Copilot

Senior Squid
NNID
CosmicCondor
So the newly announced game mode looks like a ton of fun! Basically Payload, which is really awesome. Thoughts?

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
All the current modes sound amazing, I'm really hyped personally, though, I'd really love to see a mode with special weapons only, would be such a chaos yet amazing fun.

Connor

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamingMedia
We have confirmation that Turf War and Splat Zones aren't the only modes for online multiplayer. What do you think we'll get in addition, or what do you want.

Capture the Zapfish.
I really like the idea of Capture the Zapfish. I think it makes sense and would be really fun to play. It may be hard to do if you can't talk to other players though... The Tower mode they said would be added later looks pretty fun and unique too.

Copilot

Senior Squid
NNID
CosmicCondor

just spitballing ideas
That actually sounds like a great idea. I feel like I've heard of something similar before, but yeah, having to constantly go in and invade something in your opponent's base while defending your own. Same general idea as CTF, but definitely more Splatoon-esque.

Noventia

Inkster Jr.
The chargers are probably going to be the best weapon in that tower mode, ecsecially on the tower.

kyouzou

Inkling
NNID
kyouzou
I want a larger turf war mode or a turf war with a longer timer since 3 minutes is a bit short. Maybe when larger maps are added. or like a 6v6 mode, but I know the Wiiu may have some limitations, but it would be cool right now I'm really excited for tower control. I also think a tag like game would cool like someone is it and has to splat someone to make them it. And whoever spends the least time while it wins.

Noventia

Inkster Jr.
All the current modes sound amazing, I'm really hyped personally, though, I'd really love to see a mode with special weapons only, would be such a chaos yet amazing fun.
One of the specials is the echolocator, which just reveals to your whole team where the other team are. That was suck for you haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom