• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What really stupid/noob things have you seen, or have done?

Veena

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Anlaced
Played viewer battles with one of the splatoon streamers I like, and there was this one rainmaker match on blackbelly where I embarrassed myself badly. The rainmaker was coming up through the shortcut and I had the absolute easiest shot on the person carrying it. Any other time this person would have been dead meat but of course because I was on stream, I chased it around for a good 10 seconds before they eventually made it to the goal, I don't even think I got a hit on them. My word it was awful, I'm such a scrub.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Okay, I must confess to another Splatoon sin... last night I fell prey to the bad Roller habit of "never swinging even when I have a clear shot, always rolling." That was rather stupid of me. I feel like it cost us the match in a few games.

It's especially sad because I've had a lot of fun taking out other Roller users who did the same thing, and in the past I've tried to avoid doing it. I guess that's what happens when you're playing past your natural bedtime.

Mewsel

Inkling
NNID
Mewsel
I've walked off the edge an uncountable amount, sometimes I've killed myself right after getting off spawn....yeaaah.

The funniest moment for me was on Saltspray Rig, me and an enemy both shooting at each other and backing up, and BOTH of us back right off the edge. So beautiful.

Ryson

Squid
It was Tower Control on Kelp Dome. I was on the center of the stage, decided to jump off to land on the tower but ended up landing on a Splash Wall and died! :scared:

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
Maining the Aerospray and doing good with it.

Not a stupid decision but it's considered stupid by many.

NNID
cgame92
1.Having a hard to climbing/inking up a wall....
Even worst when you get splatted because if it.
2. Knowingly standing to close to the rainmaker shield when the other team is about to burst it but you think you can make it smaller on your own and it burst in your face...
3. Having the rainmaker shield knock you off stage into water...
Or is this just me?

Sasy

Inkling
NNID
aWanderingArtist
1. Running into a Splash Wall
2. Getting stuck on a wall because I forgot to ink one tiny little part
3. Falling into water. Or off the map. +10 points if I did it while holding the Rainmaker.
4. "Hey, I know I'm a Gold Dynamo, but just maybe I can squish this person."
5. "Wait... this isn't Turf War! I-I'm in ranked, with an Inkbrush and unleveled gear?!"

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I unintentionally jumped off of Moray four times (count them, 1.2.3.4) yesterday. The worst was jumping the wrong way off of spawn right into the fog....I was tired, frustrated, and my motion controls were a bit wonky.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I decided to play with my Gamepad on low battery, so I plugged it in to let it charge while playing. It turns out that the Charger's plug is lose, so it wasn't charging at all, which means I constantly lost control of my character mid-game, to the point where I had to bail out of the fight so that the controller could charge up :(

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I'm still pretty bad about tracking players with a charger. I haven't quite gotten a feel for popping up to shoot them. There's something about a giant laser following someone around that takes away the element of surprise.

I always love people with rollers who charge straight at me when I have my Gal or Splatling equipped.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I always love people with rollers who charge straight at me when I have my Gal or Splatling equipped.
I'm one of those people. I get excited and lose my head O_O

1.Having a hard to climbing/inking up a wall....
Even worst when you get splatted because if it.
2. Knowingly standing to close to the rainmaker shield when the other team is about to burst it but you think you can make it smaller on your own and it burst in your face...
3. Having the rainmaker shield knock you off stage into water...
Or is this just me?
Haha, this is the story of my life. Only recently has it occurred to me to swim away when the opponents are about to burst the shield.

The worst is when your team bursts the shield and it inexplicably kills you.

Skepticpunk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SkepticPunk
My first game of Rainmaker, the enemy team was taking the Rainmaker into our base and I said "Eh, I'll just get the next one," assuming that the Rainmaker would just respawn in the center and it would be first to 3 or something. Nope.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I tried to break a beakon someone put on the small section on the right of Arowana without leaving the side passage. The problem is, the beakon was just on the tip of my Inkbrush's range and I didn't want to go down and take the other path. So, I stood there for 20 seconds, trying to break that one beakon with minimum power, low accuracy Inkbrush swipes until some other player put me out of my misery.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I'm one of those people. I get excited and lose my head O_O
Nothing personal, but I can't help myself. I can't not shoot at someone running straight at me. I played one game against a bunch of lvl 1-5s once with a Kelp Splat Charger. I ran back to a corner to get some distance and ended up with my back to a wall. They spent the next 30-45 seconds running straight at me, in single file, with enough spacing for me to get a full charge on each one. I literally didn't even have to aim, just set the camera to a neutral position and fired repeatedly. I felt bad because they REALLY wanted to kick my ***, but I guess they'd never seen a charger before and didn't know how to deal with one. I probably got about 6 kills in the last 30 seconds because they just kept coming.

Don't do the cavalry charge thing. It doesn't end well. :D

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Nothing personal, but I can't help myself. I can't not shoot at someone running straight at me. I played one game against a bunch of lvl 1-5s once with a Kelp Splat Charger. I ran back to a corner to get some distance and ended up with my back to a wall. They spent the next 30-45 seconds running straight at me, in single file, with enough spacing for me to get a full charge on each one. I literally didn't even have to aim, just set the camera to a neutral position and fired repeatedly. I felt bad because they REALLY wanted to kick my ***, but I guess they'd never seen a charger before and didn't know how to deal with one. I probably got about 6 kills in the last 30 seconds because they just kept coming.

Don't do the cavalry charge thing. It doesn't end well. :D
Haha, I hold nothing against you! I don't hold back when I'm using a splatling and a roller tries to run towards me either. You'd think I'd know better.... but I just have an impulse to chaaaarge!

TACO

Inkling
NNID
thepantsman
First time i played RainMaker I thought it was like capture the flag....

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Yesterday I was in Turf War in Bluefin. I kept having to dodge people following me in most matches so I had to go to the right (I usually go left) and I ended up on the really high platform after the grate looking down on the right side and I ended up walking a bit far forward and I fell into the water.

My japanese team members probably couldn't believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom