What really stupid/noob things have you seen, or have done?

Inky Corruption

Full Squid
NNID
ShaneTC
So, I just witnessed something rather amusing in Ranked today.
Keep in mind this is an S rank lobby.

So, it was nearing the end of the game. We're closing in on victory in Splat Zones on Arowana Mall when I spot a frightening thing from my middle platform: Inkzooka shots being fired off from behind the ramp on the enemy side. So, since I was rocking the Kelp Splatterscope and had the Killer Wail ready I back off a little to set it up to decrease their chances of making a comeback with some well-aimed Inkzooka shots... when suddenly this Carbon Roller pops up behind me just as I deploy the Wail.

... I die. And shortly after burst into laughter.
Not one second after a successful ambush whilst I was focused on an immediate threat, the Roller runs into the active Killer Wail from where I fired it off.

Of all the things I hadn't seen, I had not imagined I'd get to see an S rank player run into a Killer Wail from behind its firing point. That made my day.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
A week or two ago, I saw an enemy Squid Beakon and went to destroy it. Then I waited a second or two to see if anyone was coming. They didn't, so I turned around to continue on my way. Guess what happened.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
A while back I was playing Rainmaker and my team had the lead. I got the Rainmaker and tried to push it forward but just ended up getting killed. The enemy team got the Rainmaker in overtime and ended up winning the game. I felt really stupid afterwards because if I had just hid with the Rainmaker inside our base we would have won.

Last edited:

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Some of the silly things I have seen:
  • Rollers trying to roll over our team with team Bubbler active.
  • Players shooting ink on the lowest sensitivity. This is especially hilarious using an Inkbrush and running around them.
  • Opponents camping on top of the pedestal in Rainmaker, when they are clearly being shot at.
  • Everyone from the opposite team super jumping to the Tower, over and over until the game ends.
  • Opponents turning into Kraken on Tower, then getting pushed off by ink into the water. Same thing with Bubbler users.
  • Samura1man's Inkbrush YouTube video, showing a troll-like style of using the Inkbrush effectively.
  • In Overtime, the opponent with the Rainmaker jumping into the water after obtaining it.
Some of the silly things I have done:
  • Jumping down towards an opponent to splat them, but miss and land into a bottomless pit in Moray Towers.
  • Using the Kraken to burst the Rainmaker's shield, accidentally picking it up, and being splatted by the whole team waiting for me.
  • Diving into a Killer Wail thinking I was avoiding it.
  • Placing a Squid Beakon, than hiding under it when an opponent approached.
  • Placing a Squid Beakon on the spawn point.

CommunistSquidM

Inkling
NNID
communistmoy
Throw a splash wall right in the middle of a Killer Wail and hide behind it.
For some bloody reason i thought my splash wall was going to save me from it.
I dont know what i was doing...

CK3

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Icarus3
Was cornered once during a rainmaker match. Used kraken to stay alive but accidentally picked up the rainmaker yup..

I dunno if it counts but occasionally, when I get aggravated with the game, I go to turf war and mess with people.
Some of it pointless, I'll just follow people around and not do anything, just watch the action. Which is more entertaining then you would think.
Then one session, on the Urchin Underpass map. You know those little sections to the sides? people usually place beacons there. Anyway, I went to the enemies side area and just inked the place up. placed down all the beacons i could and sat there. Eventually a person came to get rid of the beacons and ink but I splatted them and kept the area for myself. That person came back over and over, then one of their team mates joined in in the attempt to splat me. I wasn't even spreading ink across the map or anything I just sat there. But I'm pretty sure I pissed someone off because they just kept coming at me.
At first trying to roll over the area to get me. But finally they got smarter after a few splats and started using their specials. Finally got me in the end and did that little squid dance on my death cam. It was great.
Continued to do it two rounds later pfft.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Not sure if it would qualify for stupid, but I once charged with the rainmaker to the pedestal when someone was setting up a Killer Wail :P I think we won that match, however
Also, when Museum de Alfonsino came out, I kept on trying to jump from the left-most spot near the beginning of the map to the platform with the tile squid XD Only about 5 matches later did past me figure out that I couldn't make that jump XD

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
I saw someone setting up the killer wail on camp triggerfish so i swam towards them facing the wail. When i got there it was just about to go off so i popped my bubbler thinking im going to be able to walk through it......I was so wrong...... Got pushed from their spawn, to the middle area and off the edge.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I saw someone setting up the killer wail on camp triggerfish so i swam towards them facing the wail. When i got there it was just about to go off so i popped my bubbler thinking im going to be able to walk through it......I was so wrong...... Got pushed from their spawn, to the middle area and off the edge.
I laughed so hard…I never knew you could get pushed back with Bubbler with the Killer Wail XD Good to know

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I laughed so hard…I never knew you could get pushed back with Bubbler with the Killer Wail XD Good to know
Works on Krakens too. For what I could see, the Killer Wail does a lot of damage very, very quickly (I once escaped one... barely), so it does wonders against Bubblers and Krakens, like pinning them against walls until their special runs out >:3

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
A few times I've been firing my trusty inkzooka, maybe even stacking up a couple kills, only to fall backwards off a drop, forgetting completely about the massive kickback the inkzooka has. XD

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Today during rainmaker the other team got the rainmaker went back to their spawn and put the rainmaker on our rainmaker pedestal. Then they died with the rainmaker on it, so all our team had to do was grab the rainmaker and we won.

It was on my second account, it was a C ranked battle so it's not a surprise but I laughed so hard.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Works on Krakens too. For what I could see, the Killer Wail does a lot of damage very, very quickly (I once escaped one... barely), so it does wonders against Bubblers and Krakens, like pinning them against walls until their special runs out >:3
I found that out from the Squid Amiibo final boss fight, good as a bit of a shield but you have to be careful where you are. (And go you)
A few times I've been firing my trusty inkzooka, maybe even stacking up a couple kills, only to fall backwards off a drop, forgetting completely about the massive kickback the inkzooka has. XD
And this is why I hate Inkzooka on the Tower.
Today during rainmaker the other team got the rainmaker went back to their spawn and put the rainmaker on our rainmaker pedestal. Then they died with the rainmaker on it, so all our team had to do was grab the rainmaker and we won.

It was on my second account, it was a C ranked battle so it's not a surprise but I laughed so hard.
XD We can guess someone's new to Rainmaker here.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
I literally faced a team yesterday in rainmaker that sat on the spawn tower with the rainmaker. I literally had to just piddle up there since their team members were all over the place.

Earlier today in walleye two of my team members launched two killer wails at the same time in the same general direction.

Oh and the many people who backed off in Mahi or who got pushed back by the Rainmaker and fell into the water.

TACO

Inkling
NNID
thepantsman
I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes try the most INSANE jumps-usually in High stress situations, only to look back on them and think: "Wow, wtf brain."

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Mahi Mahi Resort. was twin squading with a friend and i grabbed the rainmaker. i charge it up to shoot it and the knock back from the blast pushes me in the water. this happened in three different matches on the same day.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Mahi Mahi Resort. was twin squading with a friend and i grabbed the rainmaker. i charge it up to shoot it and the knock back from the blast pushes me in the water. this happened in three different matches on the same day.
Wow. Thanks for the warning.
Anyway, I tend to fall when I get too close to the edge trying to do something, and that tends to be the death of me. And I use a decent ranged weapon when I do it, too :oops:o_O

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Gotta love when the enemy team is overly aggressive in their pushes (which don't even work half of the time thanks to my Faith [that's the name of my Heavy Splatling ;)], and when it does it's because I relocated to avoid getting splatted) and they end up losing to a combination of backdoor pushes and uncleaned Inkstrikes. It's kinda funny to win such matches as the top score in both splats and ground inked while not crossing 1/3 of the map :D

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Today I was playing tower control on Camp Triggerfish and I kept popping the Kraken on the tower all like "HAHA NOOBS U CANT KILL ME" and then someone would shoot me and push me off the edge into the water. It happened about four times before I realised my strategy really wasn't working.

Also I saw a dual squelcher with all three main subs as damage up. What the?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Also I saw a dual squelcher with all three main subs as damage up. What the?
I think three damage up mains gives you 99.9 damage on three hits. Not really worth it on the dual squelcher, IMO, but I guess that is what they were going for.

The three noobiest things that I keep seeing (and they might be inducing some rage) are:
1) Overextending into enemy territory when your team is being beaten in the mid. You're going to get splatted, all the turf you claimed will be easily reclaimed, and you basically let the other team take the mid. I hate you.

2) Placing beacons at spawn. :mad:

3) Superjumping. Just stop. If you see someone in a firefight you might think you're helping by jumping in, but you're just going to get splatted, leaving a bunch of enemy ink which will make it hard for your friend to continue to be mobile. Just stop doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom