• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapons are you using and why?

ktay95

Inkling
NNID
ktay95
Tri Slosher.
Went with weapons I felt would be easy for somebody not using motion controls... then I ended up using motion controls and being told Im only "good" because I use an OP weapon :(

But yeah my aim is not the best so weapons that require less precision like Sloshers, Brushes, Rollers suit me better

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Tri Slosher.
Went with weapons I felt would be easy for somebody not using motion controls... then I ended up using motion controls and being told Im only "good" because I use an OP weapon :(

But yeah my aim is not the best so weapons that require less precision like Sloshers, Brushes, Rollers suit me better
So, why is the Tri-Slosher suddenly OP now? Is it Ink Armor?

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I'm starting to feel pretty confident with the N-Zap 85 now, and I love using suction bombs (they land so accurately) so that's one of the main reasons to why I like Aerospray MG and N-Zap 85 so much!

I tried using the .96 Gal today, but I couldn't use it well at all... I thought it'd be good for turfing (and it looks nice to boot!), but its shots seemed rather weak and being used to more turfy weapons, I did... pretty badly.
Eh, I'll just continue using unused weapons every now and then, at least it keeps things interesting. :)

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I'm starting to feel pretty confident with the N-Zap 85 now, and I love using suction bombs (they land so accurately) so that's one of the main reasons to why I like Aerospray MG and N-Zap 85 so much!

I tried using the .96 Gal today, but I couldn't use it well at all... I thought it'd be good for turfing (and it looks nice to boot!), but its shots seemed rather weak and being used to more turfy weapons, I did... pretty badly.
Eh, I'll just continue using unused weapons every now and then, at least it keeps things interesting. :)
it's always best to use weapons you might not have otherwise touched. You might find a new main you wouldnt have ever known about if you dont experiment, that I can say for sure.

Savage

Inkster Jr.
NNID
coolSean
Switch Friend Code
SW-2155-3339-9509
I'm still using my babies from Splatoon 1, the Splash o Matic, Heavy Splatling, and Mini Splatling.

I just love the Splash. I don't know how to explain it honestly. Maybe because it still shoots fast and is accurate? *Shrugs*

Heavy Splatling makes me feel like an one man army. The amount of work you can put in with this thing is amazing. Loved it since it was announced for the August update.

Mini Splatling is just fun. My power suit had the BEST abilities for it too so that helped quite a bit. Just a faster, shorter range splatling, nothing too much.

I've started using the Duelies Squelchers recently and omg all of my yes. It feels so versatile and can outrange a lot of good close range weapons. Feels really solid right now.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
it's always best to use weapons you might not have otherwise touched. You might find a new main you wouldnt have ever known about if you dont experiment, that I can say for sure.
Ah, I finished story mode a few days back and I play (too much...) Salmon Run every time it's on so in that sense I know many of the weapons decently well. =)
But... Of course it's different to use those weapons in Salmon Run from how they play against real players...

Either way, I will definitely give the Tri-Slosher a go in turf wars now that you spoke so well of it. =)

...And Savage, I shall try the Dualie Squelchers as well, they seem like they could work for me! The Splatlings make me feel vulnerable. :S

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Heavy Splatling makes me feel like an one man army. The amount of work you can put in with this thing is amazing. Loved it since it was announced for the August update.

Mini Splatling is just fun. My power suit had the BEST abilities for it too so that helped quite a bit. Just a faster, shorter range splatling, nothing too much.

I've started using the Duelies Squelchers recently and omg all of my yes. It feels so versatile and can outrange a lot of good close range weapons. Feels really solid right now.
You have amazing taste, my friend.

Savage

Inkster Jr.
NNID
coolSean
Switch Friend Code
SW-2155-3339-9509
Ah, I finished story mode a few days back and I play (too much...) Salmon Run every time it's on so in that sense I know many of the weapons decently well. =)
But... Of course it's different to use those weapons in Salmon Run from how they play against real players...

Either way, I will definitely give the Tri-Slosher a go in turf wars now that you spoke so well of it. =)

...And Savage, I shall try the Dualie Squelchers as well, they seem like they could work for me! The Splatlings make me feel vulnerable. :S
Oh yes, you should definitely try out the Dualies Squelchers! They're sneaking up on my heart...

I understand how splatlings can make you feel vulnerable, especially if you get flanked. I would suggest learning how to fill the charge up around 50%-75% so you can get enough shots to reliably kill close range. Hell, maybe even less if you have spot on accuracy.

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
I mainly use the splat dualies but I also at times switch to the aero spray MG, N-Zap 85 and I've today started trying out the dualie squelchers ( I love its range ^_^). I'm thinking I should try something different XD since I used a lot of blasters and no other types of weapons

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I use dapple dualies and tri slosher, mostly because I like to make people upset half way through a match and dapples can 3 shot. i'm a simple man with simple needs.

the

Inkling Commander
The Splatlings make me feel vulnerable. :S
I strayed away from the splatlings in splat 1 because of this very reason, and when i used them I played a lot like a sniper, and panicked when people approached me. However in splat 2 I've been doing much better, because I've found that you are not nearly as vulnerable with a splatling as a lot of people think. A half-second charge at close range is often enough to kill someone coming at you, and inking a lane or wall to escape is fairly quick and easy! I don't know if that will change your mind about the weapon, but I think it is definitely worth trying to get a feel for, because splatting ppl with it can be so satisfying.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823

Once I got used to the .96 I started to have good luck using it as more of a support/ holding turf weapon.. It's pretty tough to use for offense( at least i found) I played level 21-25 pretty much entirely with the .96 and got pretty fond of it. There was a lot of times i was on teams with people who didn't understand what i was trying to do or i couldn't play that style for other reasons, and i got crushed.. Overall though I think it's been a good experience to learn a weapon like that..

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I outright refuse to use brushes of any kind. I find them insanely annoying to go against so I don't use them against others. I don't use the Aerospray at all simply because it never really interested me. The high rate of fire makes up for the lower damage, but the poor range just doesn't sit well with me. It seems like it's good for splatting the barrier around the Rainkmaker quickly, but not much else. Splatlings strike me as a slower, shorter ranged Charger that will often leave you in a vulnerable position, so I stay away. I rarely use Blasters, but that's probably just because I've gotten so comfortable with other weapons. I'll probably broaden my horizons later on.

I'll usually always use a Hero Replica of some sort. There's nothing wrong with showing off if you've earned your bragging rights.

My main preferences lean towards the Dualies and Splattershots. The dodge roll is extremely useful once you get the hang of it, and the Tentamissles are a great way to incorporate some long ranged combat into an otherwise up close and personal weapon. The Hero Shot Replica looks fresh, it handles well, and it's an all around well balanced weapon that's good for a wide range of situations.

I'll occasionally use a Slosher during ranked battles if I'm feeling aggressive, particularly because one direct hit from a slosher at point blank range will instantly splat a pesky foe, and it covers a lot of turf in little time. Rollers are fun to use sometimes, especially if you manage to get behind the enemy team and just mow down the lot of them before they know what hit them.

Chargers are.... An oddball for me. I really like them because I love things that require accuracy, and the Hero Charger Replica looks so fresh... But at the same time, I'm basically useless in a hectic situation where I get ambushed or something, because that's when my accuracy just goes out the window and the Charger is very bad at handling those kinds of situations. Still, the satisfying feeling you get when splatting someone from across the map is just.... I can't say fresh again, I've already used it too many times. Heck with it, IT'S SO FRESH!!

Still waiting for that Hero-Brella Replica Sheldon.....

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I strayed away from the splatlings in splat 1 because of this very reason, and when i used them I played a lot like a sniper, and panicked when people approached me. However in splat 2 I've been doing much better, because I've found that you are not nearly as vulnerable with a splatling as a lot of people think. A half-second charge at close range is often enough to kill someone coming at you, and inking a lane or wall to escape is fairly quick and easy! I don't know if that will change your mind about the weapon, but I think it is definitely worth trying to get a feel for, because splatting ppl with it can be so satisfying.
Definitely. the key to doing well with the Splatling is not being afraid to use an incomplete charge. In fact, you need to use incomplete charges a LOT when using a Splatling.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I hated brushes in the first game, but the map sizes in 2, along with the new loadouts make the Octobrush very, very fun.

speedySonic

Full Squid
Mainly the Slosher, because it's my favorite. Not winning very much though, probably due to the loss of burst bombs and the fact that I'm not very good at this game.

I do want to be proficient in every weapon type though.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I hated brushes in the first game, but the map sizes in 2, along with the new loadouts make the Octobrush very, very fun.
Yeah, something just feels DIFFERENT about the Octobrush in this game, and it's amazing. I can proudly say I'm gonna be working on my way to 999999p for my Herobrush Replica. I liked the octobrush in splatoon 1, but SOMETHING changed and it just feels even better than before.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Mainly the Slosher, because it's my favorite. Not winning very much though, probably due to the loss of burst bombs and the fact that I'm not very good at this game.

I do want to be proficient in every weapon type though.
the standard Slosher is very good for TC, I'm sure you'll thrive in that mode. also by playing at your range, the Slosher has pretty good range last time I checked.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Tentatek, sometimes Tri-Slosher for Ranked.

I'm trying to improve on: Dynamo, Flingza, and Splat Dualies. Also wanna try Clash Blaster but I'm not level 30 yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom