• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapons are you using and why?

MakenTosch

Inkster Jr.
To me, it's any weapon that I find difficult to use so that I can learn it and get good at it.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
So far...

MAINING:
Carbon Roller - While I cant do a one-two punch anymore like in the first game (Bomb + Quick Swing), the strategy involed with the new sub weapon makes this still a great weapon. Racing out into the field and inking the place up fast is great as always. The Special is OK, but like its former version in Splatoon 1, I rarely use or rely on it. Some things don't change...

Inkbrush - Pretty much is Splatoon 1's Permament Inkbrush in a nutshell. Great for offensive play, and the special provides a good quick distraction for escape, or surprise attacking on enemies.

SUB MAINING (May bump up to main):
Tri-Slosher - Has a decent kit, and i like this over the regular Slosher. Great for flanking enemies, especially on maps like Humpback Pump track.

N Zap 85 - Rush into the field and keep charging that special, enough said. Great for pushing the enemy back towards their spawn point.

.52 Gal - One word- Baller. Just as fun as its former version, maybe even a bit better for me since I was never great with splash wall.

IN TESTING (Seeing if they suit me or not):
Dualies - Getting the hang of these, I personally find them to be fun and creative. May become my sub main...

Splat Roller - Great kit, although I still need to experiment with it. The sub weapon does very well with it and adds to the quick movement. May bump up to be a sub main as well....

..And I still have more to test. The Dynamo's specifically...I'm waiting to unlock the first one. Maybe I'll do another post here when I get more weapons. We'll see.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I have been just using the Aerospray RG because gotta farm up that xp.

Normally, I would prefer to use the splattershots and the rapid blaster. 52 gal feels better this time around.

Still need to get used to the dualies though. They are fun.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
For me it's:

Rainmaker - Splat Charger and Octobrush
Tower Control - Rapid Blaster and Slosher
Splat Zones - Splat Roller and Heavy Splatling

Still figuring out a way to use that stingray for splat Zones. Most of them clump up in the zone anyway so 'tis a quick way to chase them out.

IBallistic

Inkling
NNID
Hamsterman989
Switch Friend Code
SW-4510-5008-1244
Are You Talking About Splatoon For Wii U, Or Splatoon 2 For The Switch?, Or Possibly Both?...

Eshuan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MrEshan
Switch Friend Code
SW-7366-9633-2213
Gosh I need to get my hands on the Flingza, it's seriously the main thing pushing me to level up quickly haha. (Incidentally, @D3RK I really liked your video using it and that's a big part of why I want the Flingza so badly!)

For now I've been switching around quite a lot really, especially because most of the weapons feel pretty different to me in 2 than in 1 (though maybe I need to change my sensitivity lol). Love the regular Splat Roller because the vertical flick is so awesome, love the new Tentatek because it's just so solid, love the new Slosher but can't put my finger on why haha. Can't quite get the hang of my previously-beloved Carbon and am kinda sad about it...
In my opinion, the flingza roller isn't that great. I really wanted to use it too, because I am in love with the vertical flicks. However, after watching a roller comparison video, the dynamo vertical and horizontal flicks are better than the fingza. The Flingza only does 40 damage until you are rather close to the enemy. The dynamo does more from a longer distance but has a minimal amount of more time to flick. The sub and special are better for the flingza, though. If you are a more carbon and dynamo player, maybe the flingza is right for you. But in my eyes, if you want a good flick, then use the dynamo.

Eshuan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MrEshan
Switch Friend Code
SW-7366-9633-2213
I use many weapons and here are my reasonings:
Splattershot - Easy kills, the burst bombs are great for dealing damage and for escaping, and the splashdown is one of my favorite specials to trap someone with.

Hero Roller (Splat roller) - I like the hero design better, the curling bombs are great for going straight into battle, especially for ranked, the new vertical flick is great, and I've gone over the splashdown.

Aerospray RG (golden) - The fire rate is great, and shows that higher level players play the aerospray. The Sprinkler is a great sub to distract an enemy or to cover turf in a spot you cant get to. The baller is like a kraken/bubbler/ink armor love child, as it leaves a trail of ink behind it, is basically a bubble, and can be destroyed with around 8 hits.

N-Zap '85 - I live the range and fire rate on this one, as it covers up for the damage. The suction bombs are good for getting someone out of an area, and are easy to hide. The ink armor is a very nice special as it carries across a whole team and not just you and team mates you touch like the bubbler. Plus its an NES zapper!

Firefin Splat Charger - I like the chargers but I'm not the best with them. This one I like to use because of the splash wall for blocking off enemies from your sniping spot, and you can shoot through it. The suction bomb launcher is nice because it is a good way to get some extra kills and cover more turf. Plus it has the firefin logo on the end of it!

Hero Splatling (Heavy Splatling) - I like the hero design better. The sprinkler I've gone over. The sting ray is good for fending off enemies and not so much kills as it is hard to get kills with it, plus it has x-ray!

Enperry Splat Dualies - I like the dualies for the dodge roll ability as it allows for some strategic kills. I use this weapon in ranked a lot becuase of the ink jet. In tower control, it allows you to fly off and it will send you back to the tower like super jumping.

sorry for the novel i just wrote

Calissant

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0729-8716-4971
I've been going really heavy on the L-3 Nozzlenoze, Luna Blaster, and the Tri-Slosher just because I like using them and the amount of uses they have is really nice. I'm not sure if the Luna Blaster has as many uses as the L-3 and Tri-Slosher does but it gets the job done.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
If you are a more carbon and dynamo player, maybe the flingza is right for you.
This is what I am, both Dynamo and Carbon. So this may be the roller for me.

Interesting details you've given though about the weapon....I think I'll keep a mental note of it in mind.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
Dualie Squelchers are my main for sure at this point in Splatoon 2. I don't really like the heavy splatling with sting ray, and mini feels just a little too short range for me. The new DS feels like the best support weapon for me, good range, and point sensor and missles to control enemy movement. The range and fire rate allows me to keep the map under control easily as well.

They are my go to weapon for all modes (got to S+ in all modes with them), and allow me to win games by just playing really consistent support.

Dog King

Full Squid
Dualie Squelchers are my main for sure at this point in Splatoon 2. I don't really like the heavy splatling with sting ray, and mini feels just a little too short range for me. The new DS feels like the best support weapon for me, good range, and point sensor and missles to control enemy movement. The range and fire rate allows me to keep the map under control easily as well.

They are my go to weapon for all modes (got to S+ in all modes with them), and allow me to win games by just playing really consistent support.
Completely this. The Dualie Squelchers just feel like home. Point sensor is perfect for pin pointing evasive enemies for me or my team, the tentamissles are by far my favorite special, and utilizing the dodge roll both offensively and defensively is amazing. I can't say I've gotten to S+ with them, but I have gotten to S in all modes thanks to this great longish range weapon!

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Waaaaaaaaay back in the before times, during the first Test Fire for Splatoon 1, I tried the Splat Charger and hated it, switching immediately to shooters. Sometime inbetween the last Test Fire and the launch of the game, I got it in my head that I should give Chargers another chance, and started using the gun again. I loved it. I didn't play much Ranked in 1, but in Turf Wars I enjoyed being able to harass defended areas, and paint behind enemy lines. It's also a great pathbuster and, yes a sniper rifle. My original plan was to use all the different kinds of Chargers, but once I grabbed the Splatterscope, I liked it so much that I didn't want to change. I stayed with it through the entirety of Splatoon 1, and despite the loss of Damage Up and Splat Bomb Rush, I'm staying with it in Splatoon 2 as well. It's a versatile gun and I enjoy its role in Turf Wars.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Last game I was more into melee style weapons which I thought would carry over into this one. Turns out that, thanks to the dualies running around, I have adapted to more mid to long range tactics. Which made getting the Dualie Squelchers a godsend as I can alternate between being an aggressive and a defensive player as the match calls. Plus it doesn't hurt having the dodge roll as a means of maneuvering around should enemies get to close. I have also been using the mini splitting as well.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Since I began playing I've mostly used the Aerospray MG but lately I've been trying to cross-over to N-Zap 85. They're both great for turfing but the N-Zap 85 naturally scores more splats and I'm trying to get good at both turfing and splatting. I will always love the Aerospray, however, I went from getting 500-600 pts. every match to 800+ pts. immediately and it really boosted my confidence and made me enjoy the game more back when I was more of a newbie still. :)

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
So far the weapons I'm using the most are the Jet Squelcher, Dualie Squelchers, and Splatterscope. I love the tenta missiles and stingray specials, which these weapons have. I also like playing the support role and also getting a bit more aggressive with the Squelchers (even more aggressive now with the Daualie Squelchers). But of course I'm still experimenting with other weapons for fun. I need to use something besides chargers and squelchers. XD

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Tri-Slosher because it's ease of use. It resonated with me pretty well. I ENJOY the Slosher too, but I can't say I'm a natural with it as much as I am with the Tri-Slosher though. Something feels off about it in this game compared to Splatoon 1. I absolutely suck with all the rollers in Splatoon 2, something just feels...off and I cant put my finger on why ESPECIALLY the Carbon and Dynamo. The Octobrush is my baby though, I love it to death. Definitely a big favorite. I like the sneaky assault squid playstyle. I USED to use the Enperry Splat Dualies and Dapple Dualies, but once I got a taste of the Dualie Squelchers i just could never go back to that sort of small range, at least on Dualies. The Mini Splatling was my first Splatling i ever used in splatoon 1, and I loved it. Same could be said for this game. Eventually I tried the Heavy Splatling in Splatoon 1 and it was like meeting a long lost brother. "Where was i before i found this thing?" I've managed to come up with some downright DEVIOUS spots for Sprinklers, and I've surprisingly been able to make the Sting Ray work...SOMETIMES. Only sometimes...but it feels great to make it work. Needless to say the Splatlings have served me well in Splatoon 2 and i really hope they add more Sloshers and Splatlings in the future. Especially because the Sloshing Machine and Hydra Splatling need serious buffs to make them stand out from their baseline counter parts. I dabbled with the L-3 a little bit in Splatoon 1, but this time the weapon just felt really solid all around, and I enjoyed it a whole lot.

Now, about future weapon variants that I definitely plan on using.
The Octobrush Nouveau is going to come with Squid Beakons and Tenta Missiles, the former of which was an old favorite about the old octobrush kit and im glad it'll be getting them again. I also just adore Tenta Missiles, so that's just one big plus in general. Definitely going to main the HECK out of that thing in the future along with the Herobrush. The Heavy Splatling Deco will come with Splash Wall and Bubble Blower, so I'll definitely use it a lot too. I hope Bubble Blower ends up being worthwhile, and that the absolutely ridiculous nerf for the Splash Wall deployment time won't screw me over in the end, cos I liked it a whole lot on the Heavy in Sploon 1 Zink Mini comes with Curling Bomb and Ink Storm, so that's totally gonna be something I'm gonna use. Custom Dualie Squelchers come with Splat Bombs and Ink Armor, which is a VERY good kit(if only cos that half a second timer for the ink armor is still ridiculously OP against most weapons in the game), so I may even end up dropping the standard Dualie Squelchers for the custom. and finally, the Tri-Slosher Nouveau comes with Splat Bomb and Autobomb Launcher. With my love of Splat Bombs AND Autobombs, this is like a bucket made for ME.

LiteralGrill

Inkling
Let's see here... In order I'd think:

Octobrush: My absolute favorite for almost all ranked modes. Powerful, great in the opponent's face, and that special can be a game changer when used right, paving the way for the Rainmaker, taking back a zone, or just plain splatting opponents. I wish I liked the Inkbrush as much, just not quite liking it as much yet but I wanna get good with both.

Aerospray MG: I think it's so common for good reason. Easy to use, decent range and coverage, and those curlers flying all over the place can just plain wreck face or take over an entire zone or area.

Tentatek Splattershot: I dunno why I like this little guy so much but I do, this one mostly seems to be a for fun weapon I pull out during Turf Wars and nothing else really but still gotta list it for accuracy ;P

Guns I WONT use: Chargers. Maybe I have the worst luck in the world, but I have never won a game with a charger on my team yet, it almost always seems to feel like I'm in a 3v4 when someone picks it and I don't wanna be that girl bringing down a team, despite my thinking I'm decent with one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom