• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapons are you using and why?

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
I frequent between Carbon Roller, Firefin Scoped and Dapple dualies.

For the Carbon, its because I love inkbrushes, but I couldn't make the Inkbrush work in higher leveled play, and I refuse to use the Octobrush since, to me, it seems way too beefy and literally gave me free wins because of the kit and weapon. -Edit- And Carbon just felt natural to use after inkbrush. Also inkstorm is a very powerful tool when used to catch people running away from a losing fire fight. Just pop em off one by one with the inkstorm and laugh as they run in fear from the damage over time.

As for the firefin, I love chargers, but the vanilla scope kept me away from the team too much and ended up having me isolated leaving me alone for easy picks. With the suction bomb rush, I'm able to provide decent support to the flanks while the team goes on and pushes.

And lastly the Dapple Dualies. Beakons r lyfe my dood. Learning beakon placements in sploon 1 was my jam, and I'm glad to be doing it here also. Also special is the same thing with firefin, just I'm pushing forward this time. Plus those rolls with bomb rush makes you very hard to hit.

Dr Scoobie

Inkling
I mainly use Chargers on all modes because of their very long range and the area control they offer. Chargers also counter popular weapons, such as the Tentatek Splattershot and Aerospray MG in Ranked mode.
I don't believe chargers counter the Aero anymore than any other weapon. It's just that the Aero is usually assigned to spotting (keeping the splatzone covered) or spamming curling rush. The weapon excels when it comes to stealth so if anything the Aero probably fares better against the charger than other short ranged weapons such as the luna.

The RG can probably waltz right up to you with the baller. Especially if it snuck closer through the side lanes first.

Belial

Full Squid
In ranked - Hero Replica/splat dualies - I enjoy the mobility and close up murder potential. They offer control and I feel like I know where I'm shooting. Plus as an old aerospray player I love inkzooka.

In turf I play a mix of this, Splatroller, and aerospray. I like support role and coverage,

BloodWingdAngel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BloodWingedAngel
Carbon Roller, because I mained it in Splatoon 1 and just started using it the second I hit Lv. 7 in Splatoon 2. Despite the roller nurf, I've been using it really well, even getting some good splats with it (and a few double and triple kills here and there).

I've also been using the Tri-Slosher, mostly in ranked. I used Soda Slosher in Splatoon 1 as my "alt" weapon, and since it's not in the game currently I tried using the Tri-Slosher and, well, here we are.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Probably the weapon I use the most is the Splattershot or N-Zap 85. They're really easy to use for beginners and it's honestly one of the best weapons in the game for me. I swear it got a buff in Splatoon 2 because I don't remember being able to kill enemies this quickly in Splatoon 1. You've gotta get a bit close and I love jumping, which somehow confuses my enemy, allowing me to get a easy kill.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
I've been rotating between dualie squelchers & the splattershot. I like the former because it has a very good range & a rapid fire rate while also having tenta missiles (I'm still trying to figure out how to use point sensors most effectively). I've been able to use the squelchers in multiple modes so they're really reliable for me.

As for the splattershot, once again, I like the fire rate, but I also noticed I'm pretty good at getting some splats in with it. & just like the squelchers, I can play it in multiple modes & do pretty well. Plus it has my favorite special: splashdown. I used to play almost exclusively with the splat roller & just fell in love with splashdowns so I'm glad I can still utilize them with the splattershot.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Splattershot is the perfect weapon for all around situations. Using Burst Bombs help with quick additional damage without the worry of possibly missing a shot from your gun. It also helps prevent players from escaping or backing out and no matter what mode you play in, Splashdown is always reliable for crowd control.

I am interested in perfecting Dualies in the future too.

Atomic Dynamite

Inkling
The Dualies because of how much mobility they give the player even while using a ranged weapon. One of my favorite tactics in Splatoon 1 and still now in the 2 is to keep your movements quick and unpredictable, kind of like the stereotypical ninja, all the while still being able to be a few feet away to get the splat. Before your opponent knows it, they're either in splatting range from the sides/behind, or you've escaped their sights. The only two issues with this class are the damage output and range, one of these problems which is fixed with the squelcher dualies, and if your aim is steady, the amazing firing rate should make up for the underwhelming damage. Of course, I haven't given up on the other shooters, mainly the splattershots and splattershot pros, but I'm glad that Nintendo introduced this new weapon class to optimize the fast, stealthy, and unpredictable style of play. To be honest, though the rapid fire shooters have always been my favorite weapon class, I've loved all weapons that have rolled off the line EXCEPT the rollers and brushes. I know it sounds ironic since these classes fit my style in spades (respectively), they just don't give me the range and the general "jack-of-all-trades" feel I like to look for. No matter what the they have to offer, I just can't get comfortable with those classes, mainly because though I like to be fast and sneaky sometimes, I still want to keep my distance. Maybe I just haven't practiced with them enough, but I can't seem to like them. And also the nozzlenose class, I tried it once and I'm not touching it again. (man, I can really go off on a tangent , can't I?)

Last edited:

basketballjones

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2548-7101-7520
Tri slosher all the way.

I feel like the tri-slosher is pretty well balanced for any mode. You can run around and get kills, covers ground fairly well, and has decent range. Also, I absolutely LOVE ink armor.

DekuKnight

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2001-2033-9945
I've been using the Octobrush for pretty much every mode. It's great for picking off unsuspecting targets, especially because I like to run Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump. Autobombs are also very nice to have, because it could catch someone by surprise or get them away from the objective at the very least.

If I feel like I need more range, I play the Dualie Squelchers. The point sensors and Tenta Missiles are great support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom