• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapons do you guys like to use?

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
I like to use Splash-o-Matic and L-3 Nozzlenose. I like the accuracy of those two weapons. My favourite weapon for ranked is E-Liter 3k

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
My favorite weapon is usually the Inkbrush, but I also have been using the Carbon Roller a ton. Default Splattershot is also cool imo.

For splat zones, I use the squelchers sometimes too. I'm trying to try out lots of weapons, though I've come to realize I'm just never gonna like the Blaster playstyle

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'm trying to try out lots of weapons, though I've come to realize I'm just never gonna like the Blaster playstyle
Same here. I can never quite get used to the blasters' slow RoF even if its forte is the deceptive blast shots that catch people off guard.

Also, I hear they're going to release the Sploosh-O-Matic and .96 Gal Deco tonight at 7 PT. Considering they're closely related to my main and one of my alts I might give them a try tomorrow, though their subs and specials will influence whether I stick with them.

Khatsworth

Inkling
NNID
Khatsworth
I was undecided beforehand, but once it released the inkbrush became my definite main.
I'll have to see how future brushes fair, but so far I'm rockin' the one we have and haven't used anything else since, regardless of what mode I play. :3

Brushiebrushie ALL THE THINGS!

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I main the Inkbrush and the soon to be announced other brushes
Splattershot Pro and the Forge variant are my secondaries

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
In Turf War I main the Aerospray RG and in Splat Zones I main the Forge Splattershot Pro or the Aerospray RG... What about you guys? :3
Your signature would say otherwise...

Anyhoo, I main the Kelp Splatterscope, the E-liter 3k, and the Dual Squelcher in Turf Wars. In Splat Zones/Tower control, I take the Splatterscope instead of the Kelp Splatterscope, but my roster otherwise remains the same.

PencilManners

Inkling
NNID
Pencil
I alternate between a lot of weapons but I find myself coming back to the kelp splat charger (for it's synergy between sniper, sprinkler and Killer wail), some of the Gals for pure power, and the blasters as I find them tricky but useful.

I also hope that at least one of the yet to be released ink brushes are good enough for me to main them.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
TW: Splash-O-Matic (Godly accuracy, fast fire rate, fun special) N-Zap (Less accuracy but better range and power, Echolocator) and Inkbrush (Great speed in coverage with fling, sprinkler, and inkstrike)

SZ: Squelchers. Favorite is Custom Dual due to beacons and fire rate, but also like the original due to it's better range for camping and inkstrikes.

TC: Have not played much but I love the Dynamo Roller. Crazy ink flick for offencive pressure and my favorite sub and special weapons together.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
I cycle between; Kelp splat charger, New Squiffer, Custom Dual Squelcher, .96 Gal (will test the Deco tonight,) the 52. gals, and the Blaster.

These are all I use.

polysaw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
laffysapphy
i use mostly the splattershot jr for turf wars (gotta love that bubbler), but sometimes ill use the splash-o-matic and the 52 gal deco too

for ranked battles either the 52 gal deco or the custom dual squelcher. been wanting to try out the 96 gals and the splattershot pro too!!

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
For Turf War, I generally use the Aerospray MG, but I've been slowly adapting to the Sploosh-o-matic and am impatiently waiting for the Carbon Roller Deco.

For Tower Control, Luna Blaster all the way.

Spicy

Inkling
NNID
Lil-5picy
For Both Splat Zones and Turf War i'm very happy using the .52 Gal Deco or the Aerospray MG. Love the seeker sub weapon, still trying out the other subs but they haven't quite gelled with me so far.

Tower Control I haven't decided on just yet.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I main Inkbrush and the soon to be Octobrush and the future variants
and with the splatershot and tentatek version

but I also use anything else
I like you already!
I main the Ink Brush also, and I'm really looking forward to the other 2 brushes!

It feels very original, and I love its concept.
Plus... I'm a melee kind of person, so It works for me.

I just try my best to work around its disadvantages..

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I liked the Tentatek Splattershot right from the moment I unlocked it in the shop and after I tried out some other weapons it is my main again now. Splattershot Pro is at a solid #2 spot in my weapon selection. I switch to it when specific longer-range maps are in rotation in Splat Zones (Mall, Dome, Port, Skatepark).

Strider_Bond00J

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Strider_James00B
As of recently my two main weapons are the Classic Squiffer and the Splash-o-Matic. Any of the chargers please a former Sniper main in TF2, being able to get fast and quick splatting on an unsuspecting enemy, and the Bubbler also could help my team when we're in Tower Control trying to ride the Tower to the goal. As for the Splash-o-Matic, I enjoy throwing Suction Bombs when I've filled up the Special Meter - sometimes randomly to cover as much Ink as possible or to keep the enemy at bay.

Ohai_Ink

Inkster Jr.
I cycle between mainly the dual squelcher and the splash-o-matic, but I might go ink brush or roller every once in a while.

Ultimate Mayhem

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MechanicalDoom
The inkbrush is SO fun. You've just gotta be careful not to run out of ink or get too close to rollers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom