• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapons do you guys like to use?

Drluigi

Inkling
NNID
Drluigi1337
In Turf War, I like to use the Carbon Roller because it's good at covering a lot of ground really quickly. In both Splat Zones and Tower Control, I use the N Zap 89 because it's such a fast weapon. In those two modes, I prefer to use offense rather than defense.

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
Carbon Roller is just so much fun, every other roller excluding the brushes feel incredibly slow and lethargic to me. The 96. Gal Deco ain't to shabby either.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Squelchers, mainly. I love them for their ability to counter Aerosprays. I just wish the Jet Squelcher didnt have the bloody Inkstrike as it's special. Since it has the Splash Wall it'd be total win if it had literally any other special.

Though, I'll use most weapon types to at least some degree. I'd use the brushes alot, but I cant keep up the button mashing required of them without wrecking my arm again.

I also tend to like weapons with recon/support abilities, such as Echolocator, Point Sensor, or Disruptor. Those last two though, they're on so few weapons!

I dont use chargers. It'd be a disaster.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
Splattershot pro/forge if I stack Ink saver main.

Dual squelcher if I stack damage ups.

96 Gal if I use ninja squid along with ink saver and ink recovery.

Lately, I have been using the Dual squelcher as its better in close combat than the SS pro and 96 due to its higher fire rate.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
I've been loving the Splattershot Pro after recently getting 3 stacked sub Ink savers. I also enjoy using the Splash-o-Matics, however I can't really find a good niche for them over another weapon. Splat Roller is pretty fun for casual turf wars too.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
I use the Blaster mostly, JR for ez points in Turf Wars, and Tentatek when I need to level up fast in Tower Control.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
I've used the Squiffer since launch. I have better results using it over any other charger. However, I've been getting a lot of milage out of the Nozzlenose recently, thanks to it's good rate of fire, range, and subweapon. The Tentatek Splattershot would probably come in third place; I tried the Splash-o-Matic when it was released, but it never really caught on for me.

Justice Killer

Inkling
NNID
Justicist
Depends on whats in rotation / the mode.

- Jet squelcher

- Carbon roller

-Ink brush

- sploosh/splash-o-matic

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
I like the E-Liters, the Ink and Octobrushes, and the .56 and .92 Gals. It depends on the mode for which I use.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I've been trying out some of the new weapons since they released, and my weapons of choice have changed quite a bit.
I don't really like the N-Zap '85 any more. It's really just down to having Splat Bombs, and my own inability to use Splat Bombs well, and its very linear shot (seriously, it just goes straight forward, there's like no spread) isn't good for when I'm off by a little bit (which I often am).
Splash-O-Matic is still nice, though really it's more for Suction Bomb Rush than the gun itself.
Still like the Tentatek Splattershot and .52 Gal Deco, though the .52 Gal (non-Deco) has started surfacing as a thing I use occasionally, mostly thanks to Splash Wall (it's so useful!). Can't say it's sticking around, but it feels good.
I tried the N-Zap '89, and it's alright. Won like 80% of my Splatfest matches with it, which definitely felt good, but after a while the hype wore off and I noticed that I don't really like it that much. It's a good weapon, with good speed and range, and Sprinkler/Inkstrike is amazing for covering turf, but I don't like the tiny spread, it demands a level of accuracy I don't usually have. If it had more spread, I'd probably use it more, but I can't see myself picking it up more often than every now and then, like I do with many weapons.
The Octobrush is my jam. I stuck some Damage Up gear on with Ink Recovery Ups and Ink Saver Mains, and now I have a weapon that doesn't require much aiming (though is range is short) and splats pretty quickly while being able to go long distances and drop Squid Beakons in enemy territory, plus having the Kraken for emergencies. It's like a Krak-On Splat Roller with SPEED, it's so awesome! Yeah, I get wrecked by Rollers if I don't ambush them, but other than that this is my best weapon at the moment (might get replaced with the Nouveau if that's good, or maybe that bucket thing, hell maybe even the Splatling, who knows).

Bobo

Full Squid
NNID
acciojackie
Turf Wars: Splash-o-matic. Before that, I was on the Aerospray RG hype lolol.
Splat Zones: Tentatek Splattershot. Too mainstream? Oh well. I also like goofing around with Squiffers - I either do really well or terribly with it.
Tower Control: .52 Gal is easily the best gun for it. Again, I also like messing around with Squiffers. Fast chargers? Yes please.

I also LOVE playing with the L3 Nozzlenose in ranked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom