• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapons do you guys like to use?

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
The inkbrush is SO fun. You've just gotta be careful not to run out of ink or get too close to rollers.
Running out of ink isn't too much of an issue for me since main saver is stacked, along with recovery, but I agree with you on the roller part.
I get way too close to them, and sometimes it feels like their hit box is bigger than it seems. </3

Goddess Yami

Inkster Jr.
Splash O Matic in both in wars and rank. I love the bomb rush and it covers a lot of turf. I'm trying to branch out, but I keep going back to the Splash O. lol

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
I'm all about the Inkbrush :p Gotta love the rewards from mashing ZR to cover large swathes of turf, and getting 800-1000 minimum from it in Turf War. I'm really hoping for upcoming Inkbrush variants with bombs, because they'd certainly make splattering enemies easier.

And when the Brush just isn't enough, i use the Splatterscope or its Kelp variant. Nothing feels more satisfying than the popping sound the charger makes as you get a successful direct hit!

I sometimes use the .52 Gal or Splattershot Jr too, but not to the same extent as the Inkbrush and Splattershot.

Calden

Inkling
I had a good run with the Ink Brush, which I enjoyed a lot, and then moved on to try all of the blasters. I actually had fun with all of them, even the Rapid Blaster, although you did have to fall back into a support role more.

Lately I've moved into the Dual Squelchers. I picked up the Custom Dual Squelcher so that I had Beakons when playing with a friend for the first time. I love playing a support role, and it was the day Moray Towers released. So the Beakons really helped my teams keep the pressure on.

Since returning to regular play, I've found that other players ignoring the beakons is a really annoying thing, so now switch to the regular Dual Squelcher on smaller maps. The echolocator still gives me that cool support feeling, and has let me catch several people off-guard when they thought they were hiding safely or flanking.

KokillueRus

get MEMED on squiddo
NNID
DusKoki
When I first started playing, I had difficulties finding the right gun for me to use, that is until I found the Aerospray twins. Aerospray MG is what I used to reach level 20, then I switched over to the RG to switch up my play style. Nowadays I use both at random whenever I'm in the mood.

After reaching level 20, I decided to explore some other weapons to see what they were like. I used a few chargers online and oh man. Chargers are my absolute FAVOURITES. Kelp Splat Charger was my main weapon of choice, and I got good with some charger tactics and sniping. Recently though, I've switched over to the Custom E-Liter 3k, which is now my main weapon. It turned out to be a great switch. <3 It absolutely slays on Moray Towers, and Squid Beacons are super helpful for getting back into the game quickly. Kraken works nicely when you're in a tight situation or if you want to breakaway into the enemy's base.

Lastly, I never gave rollers much thought before, but one day I decided to try out the Krak-On Roller. Turns out they're quite a lot of fun! Kraken and Squid Beacon combo has always worked nicely for me, but it's so satisfying to ink ground easily and 1 hit KO people. Once I had Krak-On down, I decided to work on the Dynamo roller. I'm still practising with it, but man it covers ground so well and its reach is incredible.

Zovnig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zovnig
Switch Friend Code
SW-7684-8628-6291
In Turf War: .52 Gal Deco with a Seeker, and inkstrike
In Ranked Battles: .52 Gal with Splash Wall & Killer Wail

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
-Turf War-
Splatter Shot Jr.
Inkbrush
Aerospray RG
Splash-o-Matic

-Ranked-
Splash-o-Matic (Zone-Tower)
Retired Weapon: Aerospray RG

Still looking for more Ranked weapons. Currently testing Jet Squelcher and .96 Gal Deco.

Despicable

Inkling
i enjoy most (if not all) of the weapons, but the splatterscope has always been a favourite of mine. custom jet squelcher has also secured a special place in my squid heart, as it managed to carry me to the almighty A+ 99. love you

Last edited:

Shalnark

Full Squid
I like using the SplashoMatic because it's great at close range, has my favorite sub weapon (suction bombs), and has one of the best specials in the game. Its special, the suction bomb rush, has incredible comeback potential and can keep enemies away for multiple seconds. Many ranked players know how to abuse this weapon's effectiveness at close range, but they don't use the suction bombs well. You don't need to wait until you can get in range of enemies, you can pressure them with suction bombs. You can also use suction bombs to block narrow paths.

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
I like playing the assassin style and sneaking up on people with the Sploosh-o-Matic

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
I like to use the carbon roller and ttek.

ShadowKing

Inkster Jr.
N Zap 89 like to be close up but jumping and increaseing my range is my way to go

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I gotta say, the N-ZAP '89 is growing on me as well. I've been using it all throughout Splatfest so far and I just don't feel disappointed by it. The Sprinkler is especially useful as both a source of free ink for specials and a quick distraction for foes.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Turf Wars:
Custom Splatter Jr.
Tentatek SS
Dual Squelcher

Splat Zones
Tentatek SS
Dual Squelcher

Tower Control
Tentatek SS
Dual Squelcher

I am in love with these two weapons!

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
Turf War: Aerospray RG, Carbon Roller, or Splattershot Jr. with a special charge/saver build.

Splat Zones: If Bluefin Depot is one of the maps, Kelp Splatterscope with Ink Savers/Recoveries. Urchin Underpass and Saltspray Rig is a Carbon Roller with Quick Respawns. Everything else is the Splash-o-Matic with a Bomb Toss build.

Tower Control: Splash-o-Matic with a Bomb Toss or Carbon Roller with Quick Respawns.

Last edited:

RemiRei

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RemiRei
Turf Wars:

Literally anything, depends on my mood. Recently been using chargers (especially the classic squiffer) and the Nozzlenose.

Splat Zones

Krak-On Splat Roller, Tentatek Splattershot, Custom Blaster, Dual Squelcher (rarely), Inkbrush, Dynamo Roller, Hero Charger Replica, Luna Blaster, Forge/Splattershot Pro, N Zap '85 (rarely), Splash-O-Matic (rarely), Nozzlenose, .52 Gal, .96 Gal Deco. What I use will depend on what I think will be most fun that day, the map makes no difference.

Tower Control

Luna Blaster, Custom Blaster, Krak-On Splat Roller, Custom Jet Squelcher, .52 Gal

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I've been constantly changing lately because I'm not playing well. A- to B recently, maybe because I've tried to a few different weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom