• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What would make Splatoon perfect

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Stay fresh guys, it's been over a week since this game was released, but this is just what I think would make this game go from pretty good to near flawless, not saying this game is bad at all.

-Lengthened campaign/story mode. It's great but it's too short.
-Greater customizability with gear. Let us choose colours and perhaps a way to transfer abilities between gear for ideal optimizations.
-Bots. This can't be stressed enough. Even a single bot could have a dramatic effect upon the outcome of a match. We've seen how bad it is when just one person dc's from a match. They are completely one-sided.
-Spectatable matches. Really wondering why it isn't there.
-Let players leave lobbies instead of forcing them to stay in the room or turn off the console.
-Higher level cap. A day after release I already saw players at level 18.
-Red, black, and white ink.
-Get rid of the news 'update' from Callie and Marie. We don't constantly need to be reminded of what maps there are every 4 hours or every time we turn the game on, nor do we need to be kicked offline just for these updates.
-This is personal opinion, but buff the ink brush. Was really looking forward to that and was disappointed to see that it wasn't that great when I used it.
-Make online matches more randomized. Many times I'll see all the higher level players on one team and all the lower levels on the other. Again, this mostly just leads to unfair matches that are pretty one-sided.
-Change loadouts between matches. This has self-explanatory benefits.
-Allow two people to play together on the same game.

Feel free to disagree with any of this.

Last edited:

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
  1. Different Hairtacles
  2. Online Co-op for a special story mode
  3. Quick Message Variations
Doesn't even have to be story. Could be just a few challenges for me. With a timer and rank.

Doesn't have to be online either.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
  1. Different Hairtacles
  2. Online Co-op for a special story mode
  3. Quick Message Variations
eh, I thought of Co-op but with the brevity and ease of the levels I don't think it would suit it well.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Stay fresh guys, it's been over a week since this game was released, but this is just what I think would make this game go from pretty good to near flawless, not saying this game is bad at all.

-Lengthened campaign/story mode. It's great but it's too short.
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
I can't overstate my desire for this. The amiibo challenges were nice (even if doing the last boss with a roller kinda drove me a bit crazy), but they weren't enough. I feel like they could have done more, and they could maybe use it to introduce players to the basic concepts of new modes (like some take-and-hold-this-area-for-X-seconds levels for Splat Zones, or having to snipe enemies while riding on a moving platform or stopping an Octarian-controlled tower from reaching a certain point by shooting at it a lot for Tower Control), or a hard mode, I'd even settle for more fight-Octolings-on-the-multiplayer-stage levels if they gave Octolings more weapons (Rollers and Chargers, maybe other sub weapons too).

-Greater customizability with gear. Let us choose colours and perhaps a way to transfer abilities between gear for ideal optimizations.
This would be nice too.

-Bots. This can't be stressed enough. Even a single bot could have a dramatic effect upon the outcome of a match. We've seen how bad it is when just one person dc's from a match. They are completely one-sided.
-Spectatable matches. Really wondering why it isn't there.
-Let players leave lobbies instead of forcing them to stay in the room or turn off the console.
Why aren't these already in the game?

-Higher level cap. A day after release I already saw players at level 18.
-Red, black, and white ink.
I dunno about red (may look too much like you're shooting blood everywhere), but the rest of this I like.

-Get rid of the news 'update' from Callie and Marie. We don't constantly need to be reminded of what maps there are every 4 hours or every time we turn the game on, nor do we need to be kicked offline just for these updates.
Maybe not get rid of, but making them skippable (and an option to not watch them while in the lobby trying to get into games) and giving you the ability to get this information some other way (or just have it on the HUD when you're in Inkopolis) would be fine by me.

-This is personal opinion, but buff the ink brush. Was really looking forward to that and was disappointed to see that it wasn't that great when I used it.
Eh, it has very pronounced strengths (covers turf crazy fast, moves really fast, leaves a trail everyone else can follow) and weaknesses (weak, close-range only, sub & special don't help this at all), but I don't think it needs a buff. Maybe you'll like the inevitable Inkbrush Custom/Deco with a different (hopefully more combat-friendly) loadout; that's what I'm holding out for.

-Make online matches more randomized. Many times I'll see all the higher level players on one team and all the lower levels on the other. Again, this mostly just leads to unfair matches that are pretty one-sided.
It already feels pretty randomized as is, but sure, more randomness can't hurt too much.

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Pants. Why aren't there pants. Where are the pants? We need pants!
But their shorts are comfy and easy to wear! Why would anyone want to give that up?
Sorry, I just saw this and that immediately sprang to mind.

Also, going back to the Octo Vally gushstrike I dropped into this thread earlier,
Octo Valley should've had a Grandmaster Galaxy/World S8-Crown/World Crown-Crown-style gauntlet level for getting all the Sunken Scrolls, with everything you've ever had to deal with in the other levels (excluding the bosses, but maybe have an Octostriker section halfway through) thrown at you at some point, ending in a showdown with an Octoling squad (maybe a few unique ones with different weapons, just to make things even tougher) before getting the Zapfish (and some sort of shield that won't drop until you splat all of the Octolings).

Last edited:

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
For your last part, the game is actually in shuffle for the moment. but if more content for Single player am down.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
I just want more customizable gear and more single player. Otherwise I really have no complaints with Splatoon.

Peter French

Inkling
If we could choose our load out after the map was chosen I would be happy. Also if auto aim could be turned off that would be nice.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
More hats
Better final boss
Longer singleplayer
More content
More hats
Better netcode so you don't get killed by laggy rollers from 50 feet away

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
More of them
I'm sorry but that final boss was the best final boss of any game I've played in the past 5 years. It was so good it rocked my socks off.
I think it was a good boss, and the last bit was exciting. However, there was little variation in his moves and for me, it was anti-climatic. I like his design and his stupid puns, but honestly, I felt like it was just doing the exact same thing for a couple minutes

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Wave Survival mode vs. the Octolings.

Oh, and an asymmetrical gamemode (with asymmetrical maps, too) with one team being Inklings and the other team being Octolings.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
All I need are bots/something to balance a disconnected player, the ability to switch loadouts between matches, and extra D-pad messages. Don't disable "Come On!" after a player dies either.

Something that would be cool though is advanced gear modification options, such as picking individual skills to reroll or rerolling the main ability. Make it crazy expensive of course, but at least that way everybody won't end up sharing the same ten equips. Hoping they do this, but I'll live without.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I agree, and I would really love some different hairstyles..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom