What would make Splatoon perfect

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
I agree, and I would really love some different hairstyles..
Exactly. We need to be able to choose other hairstyles. And it would be nice to be able to change the color of the gear .

Red,black and white as ink colors are a problem to be implemented though...red is kinda like blood,black is just too ''dark'' compared to the other colors and the general mood of Splatoon. And white...white isn't available cause cheeky kids connect this color with a certain thing...

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
eh, I thought of Co-op but with the brevity and ease of the levels I don't think it would suit it well.
Note that I said "special story mode" and not the normal story mode.

Doesn't even have to be story.

Doesn't have to be online either.
Screw you, too! Dismantle your own dreams!

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I'm sorry but that final boss was the best final boss of any game I've played in the past 5 years. It was so good it rocked my socks off.
Totally THIS.

Nintendo chose the colors wisely already. I am 98%-sure we won't get different colors in the future. Red looks like blood and black and white are just not colorful enough.

Callie & Marie's news update should be made skippable with the big August update at the latest in my opinion. I like the news. It's the first thing you see from the hub world and you somehow grow attached to it (that's how it is for me at least), but with more game modes and more stages in rotation to come I can see the news getting unbearably long in the future.
A higher level cap will probably come with some update soon, but it's already way overdue. I reached Lv. 20 three days after release and it boggles me that the 350k I make in ranked during the last week did not contribute to my overall level at all.

Greater customizability is an issue about which I thought before seeing this thread. Nintendo praised how much possibilities one would have in the game, but yet even main perks are linked to gear which makes it fairly difficult to come up with a unique setup. Different hairstyles would be cool, too.

Everything else from the opening post sounds great, too.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
Sorry if I repeat anything already mentioned but here's what I'd like to see:

SINGLE PLAYER

The single player is good but most people play it once maybe twice if they miss some scrolls. There need to be more unlockables and/or reasons to max out your gear. I suggest after finishing the game Agents 1 and 2 let you collect music discs containing songs found I'm the game which you can listen to at your leisure by visiting the Squid Sisters.

You should also unlock a new gun after each playthrough allowing you to play it all over with a different weapon. Once with roller, charger, blaster and brush. Making thus Amiibo only is reducing single player for everybody else.

CUSTOMISATION

We need more hairstyles at the start if the game. Lets choose a hairdo when we pick our inkling be it female topknot, sideknot, male octoling or female octoling hairstyles.

We need pants, enough said.

Eyewear and headwear to be seperate where possible but confer no extra perks if both slots are equipped.

MULTIPLAYER

3 maps on rotation every 2 hours. Don't kick us from lobbies when maps change. Also let us skip the map announcements if we want to and add more new dialogue.

Lets see our teammates loadouts and change ours during the squidjump section if we so desire.

Shorten the timer for being dropped out of a lobby that doesn't fill up. If short by only 2 players put bots in.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I will admit that the single player was a bit lacking and finding all the scrolls did nothing but just revel story.

The Customization is good enough, my squid looks pretty ballin' at the moment.

There will be a 3 map rotation once more stages are coming, but 2 hours seems to be a little short, some people may want to try some stages that are available so the time limit is 4 hours, i actually thought 4 hours was to short.

Change gears and weaponry between stages may actually backfire, since you don't know which stage is gonna be picked, so you're equiping yourself for ALL of them that are available. :)

I think 200 seconds is WAAAY too long, it's 3 minutes and 20 seconds, 2 minutes is actually a more appropriate time.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
There's some good suggestions here, but also some less-than-good ones... I'll just go through them all.
-Lengthened campaign/story mode. It's great but it's too short.
I would have liked it to be longer too, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much content there actually was given than this is primarily an online game, and the single-player comes second. In any case, it's too late to fix this now.
-Greater customizability with gear. Let us choose colours and perhaps a way to transfer abilities between gear for ideal optimizations.
Random colours is good, it forces you to stay fresh. Preset weapon sets were a really smart move to preserve balance and prevent one combination steamrolling the rest.
-Bots. This can't be stressed enough. Even a single bot could have a dramatic effect upon the outcome of a match. We've seen how bad it is when just one person dc's from a match. They are completely one-sided.
Yes, this would be good.
-Spectatable matches. Really wondering why it isn't there.
This would be neat, even though there isn't much great strategic play worth spectating right now. I'm quietly expecting this to show up in August.
-Let players leave lobbies instead of forcing them to stay in the room or turn off the console.
Yes, good.
-Higher level cap. A day after release I already saw players at level 18.
This will absolutely 100% definitely happen in the future. It's low right now to stop players blasting through to level 50 or 100 or whatever, then never playing again. When the cap gets raised, players will come back to hit the new target.
-Red, black, and white ink.
Red looks like blood, and (from a colour theory perspective) just doesn't fit with the rest of the game's slightly kooky colours.
Black looks like oil, wouldn't fit at all with the other colours and would be really gross to play in.
White... You know what white ink looks like. ಠ_ಠ
-Get rid of the news 'update' from Callie and Marie. We don't constantly need to be reminded of what maps there are every 4 hours or every time we turn the game on, nor do we need to be kicked offline just for these updates.
I suspect this is unskippable for technical reasons, rather than because the devs just wanted to make sure you don't forget about the Squid Sisters. I can't say for sure, but it may be to cover the new maps being loaded, or to make sure everyone is synced to the new set of maps. Either way, I'd much rather see some cute squid idols than a loading bar.
-This is personal opinion, but buff the ink brush. Was really looking forward to that and was disappointed to see that it wasn't that great when I used it.
You don't have to look far on the site to find people declaring their love for the Inkbrush. It really is great when you learn how to use it. (Tip: its speed is its greatest strength - us it!)
-Make online matches more randomized. Many times I'll see all the higher level players on one team and all the lower levels on the other. Again, this mostly just leads to unfair matches that are pretty one-sided.
Sounds like confirmation bias to me. The teams really are randomised.
-Change loadouts between matches. This has self-explanatory benefits.
Yes, this would be good.

I could go on even longer about the "we need more squid hairstyles" thing but... maybe that needs its own thread.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
1)Region play like MK8
2) Dual player split screen for online and local.
3) Option to turn on mini map on screen.
4) Support for pro controllers in conjunction with no.3.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
OH YEAH. Being able to choose any song from the game to play before an online match, just as long as you heard it for the first time. Hyrule Warriors did this, and guess what? It was the reef, yo.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
I'd be up for making "the perfect Splatoon" if I had the opportunity.
With that said, I do have to say something about this:
-Red, black, and white ink.
This actually wouldn't work, at least considering the Black and White ink, since areas of the maps would make it hard to notice when the Ink is on the ground.

Chiro

Inkster Jr.
1)Region play like MK8
Omg yes

Would like to see Splatoon matches with lives(stocks) instead of lives, this is pretty funny through like Smash and CoD

And Splatoon highlights like MK8

Post-Game stories/levels

Choosing between songs

More features for Multiplayer offline

Oh and make friends come to your Inkopolis Plaza so i can make selfies

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
I'd be up for making "the perfect Splatoon" if I had the opportunity.
With that said, I do have to say something about this:

This actually wouldn't work, at least considering the Black and White ink, since areas of the maps would make it hard to notice when the Ink is on the ground.
Also, white ink would probably looks like something else.....

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
Why don't we add brown ink while we're at it?

*vomit*

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
Another thing they could add is more options on the D pad. I'm fine with the two we have but why don't we have commands on the left and right. Something like "Don't jump to me" and "Back to Spawn" if your base is being taken

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Another thing they could add is more options on the D pad. I'm fine with the two we have but why don't we have commands on the left and right. Something like "Don't jump to me" and "Back to Spawn" if your base is being taken
this. e.g. press up to open up 4 attacking commands, back for 4 defense commands, left for general commands, and right for taunts and the like

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom