• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What would make Splatoon perfect

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
this. e.g. press up to open up 4 attacking commands, back for 4 defense commands, left for general commands, and right for taunts and the like
I second this. So much.
There are so many things you should be able to say in a game like this, and if you don't have voice chat, you should have as many callout thingies as possible (there's just too much that C'mon! and Booyah! don't express, like Run Away! or Leave Me Alone!, some sort of I'm Going This Way!, stuff like that).

More stuff
Also this. This would be nice as well.

Ace.

Inkling
NNID
TheRealAcem8
More single player and multiplayer content, I don't see why they released a game with 2 modes only but eh, updates will be good I hope.

Also hurry up and make it so I can party up and be on the same team as friends all the time ><

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
I'll still do anything to have Ping/Gamespeak in Splatoon.
That and buffing teams with a smaller number of players.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
You guys have dirty minds. White ink wasn't included because it looks like ejaculate? Get your mind out of the gutter.

Konobi

Inkling
NNID
Konobi
The reason why you can't back out of a lobby is to match people up faster and get playing faster. If you let people leave the lobbies then we'll just have lobby hoppers who join a lobby, see something they don't like and leave annoying people like us who just want to play. Seriously, when I played CoD a lot that was the biggest problem. People would see a clan tag and leave. People would see high prestige levels and leave. People would see the map they didn't like and leave. I don't want to sit around for 5 minutes to play a 3 minute match.

The only downside to not being able to leave a lobby whenever you want is that you can sometimes get stuck in a lobby with a connection glitch and be forced to reset your console, but that happened to me only once in my time from leveling from 1 to 20. Trust me, not being able to leave a lobby is more beneficial that not.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
White ink wasn't included because it looks like ejaculate?
Yes, and also because black and white would look really out of place in the otherwise colourful and eclectic colour pairings. It would be a really bad design choice.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
Yes, and also because black and white would look really out of place in the otherwise colourful and eclectic colour pairings. It would be a really bad design choice.
Also, it'd be quite hard to see, especially with Black.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
The only thing I really want is an option to play online with someone on the same console. Me and my sister play MK8 and Smash together all the time and we really want to be able to play together on Splatoon.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
White looks no more out of place than the other colours, and black would actually make sense since real squids squirt black ink.

The only thing I really want is an option to play online with someone on the same console. Me and my sister play MK8 and Smash together all the time and we really want to be able to play together on Splatoon.
Very true, we should be able to play together just like with those games. Maybe it wasn't added because it would've been harder to find matches online since you're paired together.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
White looks no more out of place than the other colours, and black would actually make sense since real squids squirt black ink.
But...they're squid kids and not squids! And honestly,it might be one of the reasons why white isn't in. Since Nintendo presented Splatoon , people said something like : ''Oooh,I'll get white ink...so I can jizz on my enemies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) '' Nintendo refused to implement mic support for defending the kids from insults...so you can guess that they want to let a game be as safe as possible. Additionally,white and black aren't exciting colors like the other ones...both just don't fit in this game anyways.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Very true, we should be able to play together just like with those games. Maybe it wasn't added because it would've been harder to find matches online since you're paired together.
That could be why, but that didn't stop Mario Kart 8 from having it. o:

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
Unlike MK8 the experience of the second player will be worse than that of all the primary players as they have less information, mobility and control options

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
How about showing us a visual progress bar with percents below the 4 vs. 4 squids on top of the HUD instead of us relying on knowing how much turf is covered from the size of the squids on one side (the unofficial Minecraft recreation had numbers).
Then if both sides are really close together in the last 30 seconds of battle, the % gage fades away like in MK8 with it's disappearing position number in the last leg of a race.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
How about showing us a visual progress bar with percents below the 4 vs. 4 squids on top of the HUD instead of us relying on knowing how much turf is covered from the size of the squids on one side (the unofficial Minecraft recreation had numbers).
Then if both sides are really close together in the last 30 seconds of battle, the % gage fades away like in MK8 with it's disappearing position number in the last leg of a race.
I love this idea! You have no idea how many times I could have used a visual aid like this in the last minute of Turf Wars (I usually forget to check the Gamepad, so somethig like that would be helpful).
But you said it would go away in the last bit of a match if both teams are close. Would it come back if one team starts winning by a lot?
Wait, the squid sizes told you who was winning? I never knew that. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom