What's the WORST nerf the devs could give to your main?

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I want to clarify that this is more about what nerf you would personally hate the most, not specifically about which one would outright kill your favorite weapon.
For me though, the nerf that I'd have a problem with the most would be an aoe nerf. They already got Machine's ink efficiency, fire rate, and vMachine is 220p so adding an aoe nerf which is one of the only things that hasn't been touched since the beginning of S3 would make the weapon feel AWFUL.
It also reduces its range as well so it gets to be even more similar to Bucket now.
It just doesn't make any sense since they already made it worse at fighting, making it worse at getting in chip damage for its team would take away a lot from it.

Grushi

Pronouns
He/Him
For tent a white ink nerf would be evil. It's not so much ink hungry as it just having a bajillion white ink frames.
It's a full second for a shot, three for your shield launch.

So even a five frame white ink nerf would be so noticeable, I'd lose my mind everytime

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
For Decavitatior, the range on its melee charged slashes. The sides of its slash hitbox can stand to be shaved down, but its reach being any shorter would make the weapon feel noticeably worse, where other nerfs completely fail to make it less fun.

Bonus for Splatana Stamper, if they nerf its paint again I'm going to have to stab someone. If they want to nerf its special output, give it 220p Zipcaster. Don't drag the Crab Sword down with the vanilla.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
The range. One of the best things about s-blast is its ability to keep shorter range weapons away with the long range directs. Making that less powerful would force it to use its short range mode more often against weapons like the splattershot and tri-slosher that it would much rather keep at a distance. which is a lot more risk.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
Good question. Actually pretty tough.

For me it's between either making the charge time noticeably longer or making the dash slower, leaning towards the former. Making Decav any slower would have massive implications to how aggressively it could play. It already kinda has issues with aggressive plays where it'll dive in, get a kill, and then a teammate will see you and either kill you or zone you out before you can do too much back. This weapon struggles to approach others if they know where it is and have a sizeable gap between it because of how slow it is for its range. The charge time being longer would make it tougher to play more defensively with the weapon and the dash being slower would make there fewer situations where you can pounce someone without them seeing you.

Catloafman

Inkling Commander
Imma list the worst nerf for ALL of my weapons (all splatlings and brellas)

Splat Brella and Undercover brella: Points for special increased by 10p across all kits
This would single handedly kick sorella brella out of any shred of possibility from ever seeing competitive use which would make me very sad

Tenta brella: I agree with Grushi's nerf white ink would be HORRID

Recycled brella: revert the bug that made it so you get stunned when your shield gets broken
this bug was SO bad having it back would make me drop the weapon entirely

Heavy Splatling, Heavy edit Splatling Hydra Splatling and Ballpoint Splatling: increased shot spread (Bp only long range mode is effected)
They already did this with BP and if they did it with any other of these I would be livid

Mini Splatling: Increased points for special on both kits by 10
I don't like minis specials but hey at least you can get a lot of them... unless this nerf happens

Nautilus: Shot velocity reduced
The crazy buff they gave it in s2 was really cool and removing it would annoy me very much

Yeenom

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
The second Nintendo touches Hydra's charge time or range, I'll collapse dead on the spot. Hydra already has so much to deal with, nerfing it's few strengths is just kicking it while it's already down. Luna's indirect hitbox getting shrunken is also another way to immediately kill me, that's just killing its main fighting method.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
The second Nintendo touches Hydra's charge time or range, I'll collapse dead on the spot. Hydra already has so much to deal with, nerfing it's few strengths is just kicking it while it's already down. Luna's indirect hitbox getting shrunken is also another way to immediately kill me, that's just killing its main fighting method.
To be fair, Hydra does kind of need a rework. It's the only weapon in the game that virtually never fights; it only ever gets kills or dies.
I can understand not wanting a charge time nerf, but a range nerf could make it healthier overall by forcing it to play more actively.

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I would hate any nerf to my beloved Hydra. She does not deserve any of it >:(

I'm kinda torn between hating any mobility nerf or a fire duration nerf more. The first is just nerfing something that's already a massive detriment in the fastest game in the series, so making it even worse would be like adding salt to an open, festering wound.
The second would just be taking away one of the things that makes the weapon fun

Yeenom

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
To be fair, Hydra does kind of need a rework. It's the only weapon in the game that virtually never fights; it only ever gets kills or dies.
I can understand not wanting a charge time nerf, but a range nerf could make it healthier overall by forcing it to play more actively.
I think the main issue with it is that it's the one weapon that can't move in a mobility based shooter. It worked in Splatoon 1 and 2 because their map designs allowed it to find a lot of perch spots and actually want to move to see the enemy team, but now with 3 it just kinda sits there. Everyone is just funneled into one point so you don't have to decide who to attack, there's no decision making in maybe taking out a Backliner trying to move in or a Skirmisher separating from the rest of the team. You just kinda find where the tower's been stuck and spray it, you find a spot near the zone and spray it, you find where somebody died with the Rainmaker and spray it.

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I see where you're coming from, but I feel like a good chunk of that can be fixed with kits and maps. The best Hydra players do play the weapon very actively, borderline midlining with it.
But for the average player, there's little incentive to do that. The maps are filled with so many chokes that a Hydra can use to bully shortrange stuff from just one spot and the vanilla kit is so passive there's no reason not to do that. Custom helps a lot, it forces Hydra to be more aggressive, but the maps do still kinda fail at incentivising that. Nevermind the kit just being more difficult to use.

On another note. Edit kinda feels like a reworked Hydra sometimes. Maybe a bit extreme tho, that's a midline with little to no backlining ability.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Actually, fun one for Stamper - give it jump RNG and make it rely on Intensify Action as an already gear-dependent weapon. I would HATE that change lmao
Must you you be so wickedly creative?

I feel like it's not uncalled for that Hydra gets a bit of a charge time buff, maybe at the expense of some firing duration? One thing I think nobody would object to is giving it better accuracy; that's never going to be a buff people complain about on anything, really.

Vidknight

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Fun thread idea here guess I can join in here.

S-blast: A decrased AOE size for both short and long range mode it would hurt for both but I think it would hurt more on the long range mode the burst combos are already hard to hit so a decrease aoe size for long range just makes it down right impossible

Painbrush: Remember that buff a while ago that main pain damage better and more consistent?(in case someone don't know what I'm talking about)
Screenshot 2024-09-10 164916.png

Yea basically revert that change in turn pain will just have a hard time killing anybody. Fun fact I played this weapon a lot before the change and I didn't think anything of it until the buff happened and now I can't imagine how I dealt with this weapon before the buff.

Splat roller: I thought about it for a long time and I just can't think of anything, I played this weapon during it lowest point in endgame splatoon 2 at this point nothing can deter my love for this weapon. Maybe make it a two shot, but at that point we're just getting rid of the weapon identity.

SAMICOM

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
I want to clarify that this is more about what nerf you would personally hate the most, not specifically about which one would outright kill your favorite weapon.
For me though, the nerf that I'd have a problem with the most would be an aoe nerf. They already got Machine's ink efficiency, fire rate, and vMachine is 220p so adding an aoe nerf which is one of the only things that hasn't been touched since the beginning of S3 would make the weapon feel AWFUL.
It also reduces its range as well so it gets to be even more similar to Bucket now.
It just doesn't make any sense since they already made it worse at fighting, making it worse at getting in chip damage for its team would take away a lot from it.
Decreasing goo tuber charge hold or partial charge kill.

THE GIMMICKS KEEP IT ON LIFE SUPPORT

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
it's hard to imagine what could possibly be nerfed about dousers because it already has so many stats that you literally couldn't make worse (namely damage and paint), but i think i would be most heartbroken about a range nerf. please i JUST got a range advantage over squeezer don't take it away from me

Mili

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
I think more than AOE, I would hate a nerf to Machine's mobility while shooting, it's one of the thing it has over slosher, and with the fire rate nerf, it would make Machine a weapon that's a lot less fun for me to use, even if it can still work.
To be fair, I did start playing machine mostly after the nerf so I might even still use it heheh

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I think more than AOE, I would hate a nerf to Machine's mobility while shooting, it's one of the thing it has over slosher, and with the fire rate nerf, it would make Machine a weapon that's a lot less fun for me to use, even if it can still work.
To be fair, I did start playing machine mostly after the nerf so I might even still use it heheh
I didn't even consider the mobility being nerfed but that would be awful.
It would probably also make the weapon more gear dependent since you would need a lot more RSU if you wanted to get close to the same mobility it had before.

Algae

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0896-1837-7869
Slowing down the Splat Dualies dodge roll to what it was in Splatoon 2. Splatoon 3's enperries are the only Splatoon 3 kit I have a lot of fun with

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom