• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

what's your least favorite thing is splatoon?

Lisku

Inkling Commander
what's your least favorite thing in splatoon?

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
The sub and special balance.

When a new kit is released and people don't like it, 75% of the time it has good synergy but the sub and special are just not great (reefslider, triple splashdown, and sprinkler are the worst offenders)

Cephalobro

The buffing of already good weapons and nerfing the bad ones. Like did the Gal really need another damage buff? Why not buff the speed of the Dynamo Roller's swing a little bit instead?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Shooters as a class. Especially the short-ranged ones.

So we have these basic weapons, meant to be easy as possible to learn, well that's fine. Hmm, they can splat an enemy less than half a second after popping out of ink? That should be fine, they have a chance to miss their shots compared to something like a roller or blaster. Oh, they can also paint better than 90% of other weapons? That's... fine, I guess. They still lose to longer ran- why are you giving them all ranged specials? Crab Tanks, Triple Inkstrikes, even .52 has a Killer Wail 5.1. Why does .52 have a Killer Wail 5.1? Oh, and they all have bombs too, fantast- STOP BUFFING THEM!

Play a real weapon, you amateur, you're not impressing anyone with your 5000 X power on the goddamn .52 Gal.
This is the one thing I genuinely get heated about. I dislike the poor sub and special balance as much as the next guy, but it'd be nice if the currently good subs and specials WEREN'T ALL ON THE SHOOTERS.
LET ME USE CRAB.

I'm dying here. I'm going to stop ranting before I spontaneously combust.
Have a good day.

mizuta_ahato

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
splatoon 3 in particular? the maps... a giant downgrade from the ones before (literally! the maps gotten smaller). they're so boring... even if marlin airport saw the return of the turbine gimmick, no map in s3 has an interesting shape or layout.
take moray towers or saltspray rig- even if the latter saw competitive disadvantages to it (so i've heard) they were genuinely fun to explore, and fun is the core essence of splatoon. some things of it recently have sucked that fun out.

Cephalobro

Oh yeah, forgot to mention one thing: Splatoon 3's obsession with guaranteeing your splat no matter which mode you play, whether that's Salmon Run or any of the PVP modes.

I really, really, really hate unavoidable chokepoints in any PVP game, especially in one where snipers are frequent. And in Salmon Run? It seems like it's a lot easier to get splatted in Splatoon 3's Salmon Run than in Splatoon 2's Salmon Run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom