What's your main weapon and why?

Sabre

Inkling
NNID
Jeremy
Switch Friend Code
SW-0594-9622-6314
I've always been a more supportive player and my weapon mains throughout all 3 games have (somewhat) reflected that:

S1: Splat Jr./Zimi
S2: CJr./'85/vJet (mostly '85)
S3: Same as S2, but I've been dabbling with Tri Stringer a lot more lately over vJet.

BlipBlob

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3737-9862-5975
I started out only playing shooters in 3 and kind of landed on ttek for the 3-shot kill and the splatbomb. I've been trying other weapons tho and started playing nautilus a while ago, it's so much fun and turned into my second main now!

Oliy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OliyTheCreepr
Switch Friend Code
SW-0716-3261-4135
Been playing Bamboozler since around 2016. Was going through a period where I was experimenting with a bunch of weapons as I tried to get out of the "turf war Aerospray brain mush" fest and into ranked. Played it for a bit and had a lot of fun but given how the content scene constantly ragged on it I only really played it as a secondary/in turf. Eventually I found FLC's channel as my first avenue into comp, he had a positive statement about it in his video "A- is easy", and that pushed me to play it a bit more. Then I saw Nikolini's 99.9 and it fully hooked me on the weapon as being capable for the last few months of S1.

When the MK I released in Splatoon 2 I played it as much as I could, and after my comp team with too many backline players already dissolved, I fully committed and started making content and everything. The weapon just has what feels like an infinite pool of depth and crazy interactions and is a super expressive weapon to the point where I've never felt a need to switch off of it. Finding/building a community where a lot of other people played and enjoyed the weapon basically locked me in and let me explore it much more. The transition into Splatoon 3 was absolutely rough with going back to one kit which I don't like all that much (especially after my literal dream kit of the MK III in S2) and bad rumble changes and horrible painting engine changes, but it's still by far my most played weapon.

mossyquartz

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6391-8464-6805
After the most recent buff, it's Dynamo Roller.
Was an NZap 85 one-trick before, but Dynamo just seems to be the better cooler option now.
Yeah I've seen a lot of new people playing Dynamo recently! As bad as I am at dealing with it, I'm glad it's seeing more use!!

judesters

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4467-0366-8307
both splash-o-matics. ever since i got my hands on splash from splatoon 2 i just couldn't put it down. so I kept playing the weapon

OctoYellow

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2579-9575-8095
I love hearing why people choose their mains!! Also feel free to say when/why you started playing them

I'll start: I'm a dualie squelchers main because I love their mobility and versatility! They're also mechanically challenging so they never get boring. I started playing them a little over a year ago and they've pretty much been the only weapon I've played since
splatlings, all of them

OctoYellow

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2579-9575-8095
i manly got into splatlings because of Kaji, also they are pretty fun in design and gameplay

Last edited:

Sαlsα⇒

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4389-5123-5222
I started playing range back in endgame S2 because i watched alot of PrOchaRa but ive stuck with the weapon because the direct dopamine rushes are something i can no longer live without. i picked up to main stamper early - mid s3 because i thought the weapon was cool due to sword spiderman before everyone picked it up. ive moved back to range because i found myself becoming less consistent with the weapon as time went by and im preparing for kraken splatbomb crb copium

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
During the first few months of Splatoon 3, I was jealous of all my friends who were leveling up their main weapons when I could not find the one for me... one day I got frustrated and threw myself into some matches with the tutorial weapon, and it was then that I knew I had found it...

1,000 hours of playtime later, the vanilla Jr. is still the only kit in the game that feels natural and perfect to me. It is very easy to handle but has a lot of potential and can fit nearly any role in a pinch. It paints great and it fairs well in close-quarters combat, but it also can throw bombs easier than any other weapon in the game. This can be used to distract long-ranged players, displace mid-ranged players, or escape other short-ranged players. The Big Bubbler
can also be used for yourself to push up and refill your ink tank, or your team when defending the objective or is found in an unfavorable situation.

Mastering the weapon feels like an art in itself and I recommend it to anyone looking for a truly versatile weapon!

ghoulfoxx

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5707-0782-4793
I love hearing why people choose their mains!! Also feel free to say when/why you started playing them

I'll start: I'm a dualie squelchers main because I love their mobility and versatility! They're also mechanically challenging so they never get boring. I started playing them a little over a year ago and they've pretty much been the only weapon I've played since
i just started playing at the end of august last year.. i started with inkbrush and stick controls and now i main squiffer and reeflux with high sensitivity motion controls :') i never thought i'd be able to play any kind of sniper because i have really shaky hands and terrible aim! but now i stack splats like crazy with my squiffer!! yippee!!!!

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
In splatoon 2 and the beginning of 3, i mained bamboozler bc it seemed both interesting and highly skillful. Unfortunately current kit isnt nearly as fun or interesting as mk2 was back in s2, which i think is the best main special combo in the games history.
I mained pencil since around it came out, i just find it very interesting as a sort of charger splatling hybrid. And tbh i picked it up out of spite, to prove that you should run rsu on it, not special spam (pre cooler meta)
But through both of those, ive mained mini splatling, either as my secondary or primary. I licked it up in s2 bc i found it felt similar to bamboo and i was suprisingly competent with it, but its kits were never super interesting. Now in s3 that ive dropped bamboo and mini has stamp, its my most used weapon by a long shot. High skill ceiling, and very capable at holding its ground in aggressive positions, and has a special that gives it a whole new weapon to do what the main cant, just what i like.

liligravybread

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0704-7291-1041
both splash-o-matics. ever since i got my hands on splash from splatoon 2 i just couldn't put it down. so I kept playing the weapon
the splatoon 2 vsplash was so much fun especially with how many inkjets you can get with that thing

s23charlie

Inkling
been maining the dualie squelchers (both of them) for like a year and a bit, since i bought the game essentially. nothing to me quite matches the fun i get out of how they play, their mobility, versatility, design, kits, they’re just all around a really fun gun. i remember back in may when sizzle season news was rolling out i lost my mind seeing cds with beakon, in a good way though as it was my dream sub for it

sure it may feel like im shooting toothpicks at people sometimes and not bullets, but idk man im still havin a good time. hope it gets buffs at some point in the future though, mainly hoping for like. bullet size and velocity buffs + 30 damage (if zap can get 30 damage why not ds bro Come On)

nineball

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
i decided that i would try some new weapons during frostyfest, starting with the ballpoint (before then i was a jr main).
i then proceeded to immediately fall in love with it and exclusively play it for the rest of the splatfest.

the combination of paint output and range is what did it for me, also inkjet is fun as heck. i also realize that my username looks like it relates to the ballpoint, which is a complete coincidence (its a reference to another thing) but i guess it was fated from the start lol.

Soranoya

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8284-0907-8301
Mostly carbon deco, bc I love the gameplay, and its so cool when u destroy backlines with it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom