What's your main weapon and why?

Oney

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Oney
Switch Friend Code
SW-8066-2302-3824
I love hearing why people choose their mains!! Also feel free to say when/why you started playing them

I'll start: I'm a dualie squelchers main because I love their mobility and versatility! They're also mechanically challenging so they never get boring. I started playing them a little over a year ago and they've pretty much been the only weapon I've played since
For me it would have to be Nautilus. I found out I was pretty good with it and I have managed to get it to 5 stars.

《Я.KABBAGE

Inkling
I love hearing why people choose their mains!! Also feel free to say when/why you started playing them

I'll start: I'm a dualie squelchers main because I love their mobility and versatility! They're also mechanically challenging so they never get boring. I started playing them a little over a year ago and they've pretty much been the only weapon I've played since
Tetras I love em

Reef

Inkling
NNID
SolarAweTM
Switch Friend Code
SW-2807-9182-6994
believe it or not, i main clash blaster neo - something about that weapon and it's kit just perfectly fits what i like, you can use curling for movement, and rarely to even combo with the main, and chumps are nice since you can put them out near instantly without any downtime

it may be the worst blaster, but it's still got its merits

on the other hand, my next favorite weapon/main is vanilla splatterscope, i just feel like i can make it work more with my playstyle than i can with the zf

Mjmannella

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6515-6020-5729
My main is the Krak-On Splat Roller, the whole kit just clicks so well for me! It's a weapon that's on the frontlines no matter what, and I just love getting right into the meat of fights.
Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm also looking at the Neo Splatana Stamper as either a co-main or a secondary. I love Stamper conceptually so much and I think the Neo kit works quite well for my liking.

Cptbobdude

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4355-3949-0494
I was a support player in splatoon 2 playing mostly kjr and wanted to try to learn a slayer weapon. So when 3 came out I was like ok I’m gonna play vshot and try to get really good at it. Been loving the weapon ever since

PikaCress

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
pocketrocket421
Switch Friend Code
SW-8251-0155-9628
I usually flip-flop between weapons based on mode and map but the weapons I play with the most I think are dualie squelchers, splatana wiper, and big swig. They are just very fun to play with for me and usually easy to get splats with

MintyMisc

Mint Chocto
Premium
Pronouns
She/They
Octobrush as a main weapon, though I greatly prefer Nouveau for the Beakon. I have tried many weapons, dcarbon, stamper, wiper, tetras, and more. But I always find myself returning to Octobrush. I simply vibe with the playstyle, way more than any other main weapon. Though, I do wish the kits were a bit better.

Catloafman

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
I love the Brella so much even though its not great I love the design and when the weapon works and your good at it OHHH MAN does it feel good
you decide when you take damage so it feels like you are in control of the fight it feels so good

Deca_mara

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1370-9718-8311
I started playing ballpoint when I was trying out a lot of weapons during a splatfest back in splatoon 2. I tried mini and it felt pretty good so went to another splatling and picked the interesting-looking one.
It was before all the nerfs and ballpoint nouveau, so the main was busted and I loved it. I played mainly Sorella Undercover and vanilla brella back then, so it was a real change of pace. Hated the kit though, so when ballpoint nouveau came out it quickly became my new favourite weapon.

dabearsss

Inkster Jr.
I have like 3 mains but I switch between Range Blaster, E-Liter, and vShot. I like to have some variety to keep the game interesting lol

vvorm

Inkling
My favorite thing abt splatoon is the stuff you can do with movement, so i main vdualies :3333 i love learning all the cool technical stuff for itt
ive also picked up stamper in s3 now for similer reasons!

Mecog

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7088-0086-9026
Dread wringer, it has the movement of a range blaster but has the same feeling fighting as Slosher with 2x the Sloshers paint. Only issue I have with it is it's special.

Null

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6453-7637-3892
I main the Forge splattershot pro! I used to main the trislosher but had a falling out with it near the Nov 2022 pokemon splatfest, and in searching for new weapons I came across the Splattershot Pro, which fit my playstyle perfectly. Once the forge came out I instantly picked it up and have been using it ever since 😋

Xaer Blight

Inkster Jr.
I consider myself a wiper main, although I haven't played it in a while. It's the only weapon I've 5 starred. I started playing it in Chill Season 2022, and used it in comp until Drizzle Season 2023 where the concept of splatling meta scared me and made me switch. That's not important though. During my time playing wiper, I learned so much more about the game and enjoyed my experience so much more. Every game was a new challenge, something to learn, something to work through. I haven't had that feeling in a long time. I don't know if I've just stopped learning as well, or if I just need the weapon to move forward.

Pix

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pixxyofflames
Switch Friend Code
SW-0436-5764-8697
I. love. Dynamo Roller. I picked up the weapon in Splatoon 2, which may be a thing that is bad for some (it was better in splatoon 1, i know, i've heard, i perhaps even seen but i don't remember), but for me, I just say i'm used to how it plays now, which makes me better at it : P

I just like how it plays. Heavy enough to be kinda slow but still feels like I can react to most things? I don't even know how to describe it i've played it for so long. Like. I like being the midline and being able to fall back or go forward at the right times. Play that balancing act of supporting or attacking? Sure other weapons could do that too, but my beloved dynamo has been with me for a while. If I'm annoying enough I get #1 Popular Target!

X ratão

Inkling
im most of the time playing with the undercover brella bc i think its fun to play with, but some times i also play dualies some times, especially the dapple dualies

SansioKong64

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2297-9461-1128
Nowadays I mostly play 96 Gal Deco, cuz I've always loved its kit and Kraken has always been my favorite special. In 1 I also played a ton of Sploosh-7. In 2 I really liked Kensa Dynamo, Gold Dynamo, Heavy Deco, Splat Roller, just to name a few. In 3 I play a ton of weapons; Hydra, Heavy Deco, both Dynamos, Splat Roller, Forge Pro... And lately I've been learning some unorthodox weapons for me; namely S-BLAST 91 and Sorella Brella. I usually like (as you may see from the forementioned weaponry) heavy stuff, your powerful and slow hitters. I have a very strongly defined archetype, so that's why I've liked to branch out a bit lately (I'm loving the Sorella Brella fr)

The Knee

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7739-4186-1690
I'm a pencil main because I know its a well loved and appreciated weapon in the competitive community especially!

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
Vstamper. it’s super easy and satisfying to use and it fits its role perfectly

OBJuan

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2655-2659-5782

I’m currently in the process of finding my 1st main as I got s3 for Christmas. I used to play splat 2 but left a few months after final fest. I’ve been leaning more towards midliners, specifically the stampers as they have decent range and great slaying capabilities but I’m looking for a few more weapons to play just in case Nintendo decides to absolutely destroy them in the next patch. Do any of you in the replies have any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom