Votes: 8 30.8%
  • enemy rushers

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i'd say base painters, they can be a pretty convenient super jump spot sometimes

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
yall getting whooped hard by enemy rushers
You seem to be under the assumption that rushers will always win fights against painters.
Painters have specials and area control. What do you have? Aggression? You're just going to feed.

You haven't even considered the idea that people who'd like painters for teammates want to rush mid themselves.

Maybe don't spread negativity for no reason. It's not a great look, and you don't exactly have reputation to spare.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Given the choice, enemy rushers. In ranked modes, someone may be dumb and constantly smash their head against the enemy and get splatted, but they might get kills at a crucial time. It's not ideal but I've won games that way, where the rusher(s) broke through at just the right moment for me to capitalize.

That is, if they're rushing the enemy. I've seen an increasing trend of people rushing the enemy base when no one is there. Everyone will be in mid fighting over the objective and they'll be alone in the enemy base, just painting and not flanking, or waiting for an ambush opportunity that never happens.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
You seem to be under the assumption that rushers will always win fights against painters.
Painters have specials and area control. What do you have? Aggression? You're just going to feed.

You haven't even considered the idea that people who'd like painters for teammates want to rush mid themselves.

Maybe don't spread negativity for no reason. It's not a great look, and you don't exactly have reputation to spare.
i went under the assumption that base painters strictly paint as much as they can before moving forward, and enemy rushers strictly move forward and fight all the time, just because it seems more interesting to talk about it that way and more in the spirit of the post, as well as the fact that these are the types of players that just graduated from turf war, and might actually be doing that, even though it isn’t realistic for most players. the original question also specifically describes the base painters as
teammates who refuse to do anything but paint every square inch of your base (sometimes literally)
instead of teammates that just paint, allowing them to still be relevant to their teammates and the objective or just the map in general. but yeah
if this was players who only excessively paint vs players who excessively dive and flank, it would be a much more even match.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I am very confused by every post in this thread and I feel like replacing "enemy rushers" with "frontline" and "base inker" with "support" has helped

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I am very confused by every post in this thread and I feel like replacing "enemy rushers" with "frontline" and "base inker" with "support" has helped
Mostly. I was talking about the extreme versions of these; players who run at enemies no matter what, and players who paint anything they can find, whether it's relevant or not. You could argue for the first one being considered a frontline, since they are technically pushing forward, but it's hard to call the second one a support, since the job of a support (with regard to paint, at least) is to paint relevant parts of the map to secure control of them, after your team has cleared them of enemies. Base painting does not do this.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
A player who is trying to engage and just not succeeding is at least trying. A player who actively refuses to play the game, what are you even doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom