Which Inkling Color and Gender are you Maining?

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
They wouldn't have gender specific gear, it'd be a bad decision to change gameplay based on gender. It likely looks about the same or slightly different on each gender.
Well, I'm pretty sure the school girl uniform and samurai armor are gender-locked...

Not that I'd say a guy shouldn't wear a cute skirt if he wants to, but I don't see that happening in the game.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Well, I'm pretty sure the school girl uniform and samurai armor are gender-locked...

Not that I'd say a guy shouldn't wear a cute skirt if he wants to, but I don't see that happening in the game.
I mean, Animal Crossing does it.. and if I can't wear cool Samurai armor because I'm a female I will be frustrated..

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Inkster Jr.
Orange Girl Inkling for me, it's my favorite color plus the better looking Inkling design. I've known I'd main her since the game was announced, so I'm glad she's the one getting the main promotions and Amiibo!

Don't know about clothing though, I'll just have to find out when the game comes out about that.

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
I almost always go male when given the option. It's just how I roll.
Although I wonder if there's re-customization.

Your hair color, etc. is determined by your team/ink color, which is out of your control. So that just leaves skin color. I might go for a darker tone, but I need to see it myself.
We had this same discussion on its own thread on the old forum. Link: http://squidboards.freeforums.net/thread/269/pair-relating-amiibo

I personally don't think there will be gender specific gear. It would be stupid!
Maybe not gender specific, but gender variances is highly likely.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
I almost always go male when given the option. It's just how I roll.
Although I wonder if there's re-customization.

Your hair color, etc. is determined by your team/ink color, which is out of your control. So that just leaves skin color. I might go for a darker tone, but I need to see it myself.

Maybe not gender specific, but gender variances is highly likely.
We don't know if you can choose your plaza hair color yet. Also while I could see gender variances happen I personally don't want it to.

Lyn

Premium
We don't know if you can choose your plaza hair color yet. Also while I could see gender variances happen I personally don't want it to.
I'm sure there's going to be optional plaza hair colors, it would be silly not to have those.

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
The "schoolgirl" outfit would look somewhat stupid on a boy inkling. I would hope they take after a boy's school uniform.

Lyn

Premium
The "schoolgirl" outfit would look somewhat stupid on a boy inkling. I would hope they take after a boy's school uniform.
Possibly, but you never know. Genderfluid/Trans/Etc; people might like it.

Setu

I'll probably be maining inkling in smash 4 if it makes dlc.
JK, I won't be "maining" any inkling or color, I will probably end up taking advantage of the customization and just change on a regular basis(if gender is changeable)

Reactions: Lyn

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
Maybe the Inkling Boy amiibo gives you the School Boy outfit and then it doesn't matter what your Inkling's gender is as you can chose what you want. Or maybe what I just said is true but you get both versions to choose from from the Inkling Girl amiibo.

Lyn

Premium
Maybe the Inkling Boy amiibo gives you the School Boy outfit and then it doesn't matter what your Inkling's gender is as you can chose what you want. Or maybe what I just said is true but you get both versions to choose from from the Inkling Girl amiibo.
I agree. Wearing the school outfit on the boy shouldn't be so ridiculous, lol. Y'all seemin' like transphobes. :P

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Forgot to mention the gender. I'd go for both, but for now I'll go with male.
Black male :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom