• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who else has entered a random squid party?

NewSquidOnTheBlock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheGeekyGalGames
I was with a girl named Molly (level 16) and we started dancing.
There was a girl called Gigi too, she was hysterical, she started dancing and was taunting our team, then everyone else on our team started dancing and then the opposing side did the same.
When new players joined though, they were not impressed and almost immediately killed Molly.
I was left by myself.....;~;

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
When someone starts squid partying during a match, I usually join them since the team with the squid partying has very little chance of winning and stomping because the other team has less players is not exactly fun, nor is being stomped for the very same reason.

Color

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cubecolor
I've joined random lobbies filled with squidpartiers, it's very fun to find people who are just trying to goof off and aren't constantly trying to murder me. ;;
I also join lobbies with friends and start squid parties if we're just messing around! When random people join in, the more the merrier! There's always someone who's gotta be a killjoy though, gotta ruin the fun by killing us innocent dancing squids.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i almost shot this squid partier by accident, but redirected my charged shot somewhere else at the last second.
apparently that wasn't good enough and they inkzooka'd me in the back.

so for that one match i had zero mercy for squid-partiers, stomped their team, and dropped out after the match.

------------

i usually ignore them and just continue the match with a more relaxed playstyle.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Sadly(?) I've only ever came across one squid party thus far. Joined in and made the match 2v2 (or was it 1v2?).

It was quite fun and a nice change to the usual proceedings of Turf War matches.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
Ran into a party once. Almost attacked said squid partier, but I realized what was going on ignored them. By the end of the fight, everyone joined the party so with no opponents to fight, I did too. Not so bad to run into since I can just leave afterwards.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
Funnily enough, most of the time when I run into a squid party lobby, i'm trying to level up gear. Which is unfortunate, because otherwise i'd join in, but since I need the points I just try to ignore them and ink as much as I can.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Recently in squad ranked on Hammerhead someone on the other team was partying, so I joined them. It was the best moment ever.... until their team-mate came and splatted me. Not cool!

My regular squad-mate birdiebee and I often party when we there isn't much time left and we've won. Or sometimes if we just get excited. We try to start them, and when people join us we are always so happy, haha.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Squid parties are the sweetest thing, aren't they? In Turf War, of course... I'm fortunate never to have run into any in Ranked, but that would be pretty annoying to deal with. It did take me a while to get the idea and I used to get really irked when two of my teammates did nothing but dance around all game, as well as splatting partying opponents. I respect the parties now and join in when I'm not actively trying to level up gear or get practice in. Unfortunately, I've got an awful habit of attacking opposing partiers anyway simply because I fail to realise in time that they're harmless if I see them coming around a corner or up a slope. Feels terrible...

D

Deleted Member

The first time a squid party happened I just continued to ink things cause I didn't really care and just wanted leave them to what ever they were doing... then the enemy started splatting me, repeatedly. I didn't mean any harm but after the 5th splat I started to get really agitated, but blinded by my anger and attempted to splat them back I ended up getting splatted until the match ended. Even though we won I was still extremely salty.

Second time a squid party happened ~Same exact thing happened~

Third time... lol didn't care about anyone and just splatted the enemy team regardless of their partying.

Now in case of squid parties I'll keep my distance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
A few weeks ago I was just going through the enemies ink and this charger who is literally 2 inches of my screen away from me who had killed me earlier in that game tries to shoot me and missed 7 times, so they started to party with me since they failed so terribly.

On Flounder Heights Turf Wars, I usually like to go on the lamppost and say c'mon a lot until my teammates jump to me and party with me.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I'm actually surprised and moved by the acceptance of squid partiers on here! I came into this thread expecting to see people condemning them for wasting their time or "not actually playing the game" and I'm glad I was wrong!

I've never actually entered into such a scenario where members from both sides are harmoniously partying in mirth and merriment. I long to see such a sight! (but I also hardly ever play Turf wars)

It sounds like so much fun reading all your experiences xDDD I'd like for there to be a recognized holiday for squid partying in the community where partygoers flud the lobbies, cast aside their differences and dance all night.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Squid party in ranked? Curious what a player is thinking when they decide to do that.

I'm actually surprised and moved by the acceptance of squid partiers on here! I came into this thread expecting to see people condemning them for wasting their time or "not actually playing the game" and I'm glad I was wrong!
Gamefaqs is thataway. ☞(•ˇ‿ˇ•)-☞

It sounds like so much fun reading all your experiences xDDD I'd like for there to be a recognized holiday for squid partying in the community where partygoers flud the lobbies, cast aside their differences and dance all night.
Which is why we need dance emotes! At least during Splatfest. Til then, I improvise. (Tiny circles, tiny circles.)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The first time I can recall encountering squidpartiers, I ignored them and went about inking turf as I went along. Then someone—I know not whether it was one of them or a non-partier on their team—went and splatted me, so I assumed that they were pissed that I wasn't joining them, and so attempted to drive me off. Not a good first impression. Of course, I didn't help by getting in some cheap splats... but I could've sworn that wasn't until after the fact...

The only other squid party of note happened the other day, when I was leveling up some of my gear. Again, I ignored them, and this time I didn't have any trouble. That is, until somebody whipped out an Inkzooka and I got caught in the crossfire. All my give-a-damns were thrown out in that moment, and I spent the last few seconds of the match laying waste to them all.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Honestly, I love squid parties. It's actually a really nice chance to unwind from the troubles Ranked can often cause. :P I've started my fair share of squid parties and I'm often joining them if I happen to get put into a party lobby. The other day, I was in a lobby where two friends managed to get the entire lobby started - and it's not easy to get all 8 players on board with a squid party. It was actually pretty funny. :P

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
It depends if I join in or shoot them so they shoot back (I was doing this to a friend just because I wanted to play for real with her last time I saw one)

But the last squid party room I had I made this edit and thought be cute:

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Squid party in ranked? Curious what a player is thinking when they decide to do that.

Gamefaqs is thataway. ☞(•ˇ‿ˇ•)-☞
So true, I do not understand some people there, like they are on some mission to tell people what to do. Also it shocks me even more like it would make a difference complaining about it there. Most people are not going to care what people are posing on that site, or even go there.

When I finished making the video above, I simply wanted to share it and show the effort I put it for transitions and playing to the song (aag--ee means up, (not english say "age") so I was trying to get super jumps during those parts. Like half the posters posted to me with flame torches and pitch forks going on a witch hunt with me being the witch, acting like it is my fault for squid parties existing and I should fulfill a duty of not taking part in them. How in the heck do I tell 7 people how to play?!?!?!?!????????????????????? It was a bit hurtful to me because I just wanted them to see my cute video with the effort I put into it and they went ranting like that

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom