• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who else has entered a random squid party?

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
This happened recently in port mackerel.
The ink brush in my team started making an ink trail towards the other teams base.
I just stayed back and inked our base until I noticed a squid party going on. Usually I stay back at my teams base
and let the others have their squid party. Then all of a sudden the ink brush super jumps to me
and makes an ink trail for me towards the squid party. So I ended up joining in.

Raiden

Inkling
NNID
Raidus
I'm always trying to start one and hope there's someone who understand how to make easy money in this game. (pls don't say sqauds...)
Team A + Team B + peace = lot's of money for everyone
you just have to ink one or two spots together, over and over again. it's easy with aerospray rg, inkbrush or n-zap89
and it's way more fun if everyone understand this

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If I hadn't encountered squid partiers pretty much every second match in my first two months of attempting ranked, I might've wound up less salty about them. As it stands, I feel that squid partiers are having fun at the expense of everyone else in the match. If they're on the enemy team I just shoot them, and if they're on my team I just leave.

You can have your fun in turf, of course. Just remember that there's the rare occasion where you're going to be ruining someone's valuable free time.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I usually just kill 'em. Hey! its turf war, so I take no prisoners. (sorry!)

I do tend to party after conquering my turf though :p

R2D221

Senior Squid
NNID
R2D221
While I like watching videos of squid parties, I'm not fond of participating myself, because it's hard to tell when they're really starting to party. So, I won't know if I'm screwing with my team or if I'm actually doing what they want me to do (e.g. just jump around).

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Yep, pretty frequently in Turf War. Seen it happen in Ranked once or twice, much to my frustration. Usually i join in during TW, but if i really want to try out a new weapon i leave them be and just hunt the other players on the map.

Kikaioh

Full Squid
Squid Parties are one of the few reasons I can think of where friendly fire would be a positive thing for Splatoon. You can glean I don't like them that much.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
@Spiderface and I were playing Zones in Walleye on our lower ranked alts, mostly just goofing around with trolly weapons, when about halfway through the match, she noticed one of our team mates inking the like, scaffolding kinda right next to spawn. She swam up there and stood on the railing (I never knew you could do this). Spiderface and I joined in once we noticed and all had a jolly squid party on the rail next to spawn. In the last 15 seconds of the match or so, one opponent came up to our spawn since they probably noticed we abandoned the objective. They joined us in the merriment for the remainder of the match! Peace love and squid dancing yall

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
It was beautiful :') one team, united, with the sole purpose of partying in an amazing location

:')

v0idStrike_squid-kid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dlb456network
I only hate it when people go out of their way to squid kid all over my screen when I'm trying to play. I mean, if I almost had an epic snipe and then you squid kid all over my screen, distracting me or blocking my shot, I'll get mad.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm usually bringing an Inkbrush with me when I want to squid party.... I find that drawing hearts all over the map usually results in more positive results than "squidbagging" does since it's more obvious that you're there to fool around. :P Chargers are also good for drawing hearts and other things - albeit much slower. :v

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
While I like watching videos of squid parties, I'm not fond of participating myself, because it's hard to tell when they're really starting to party. So, I won't know if I'm screwing with my team or if I'm actually doing what they want me to do (e.g. just jump around).
just need to be observant, I mean once you play the game enough you can see flow if they are aggressive or not to you (and this is helpful in real play because it helps to know if someone is after you while you trying to sneak up on someone)

Plus sometimes it is easier to see then other times, like the near start of my clip (the link is at right time stamp):

This is how I normally act in full aggression, if I see no one on the bottom at first rush on that map, I ink the wall and check what I can do on the higher level. Seeing them not even shooting well made it obvious.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I love to party, and make new squid friends, its fun to dance with the opposing teammate, and one of my team members try to knockout the dancer(s) and the dancer(s) get them first!:D;):)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Odd little thing happened last night on Arowana Mall, probably the closest I'll get to doing what this thread asked. There was a party squid on my team, but she realized early on that nobody else was having it. So she gave up trying for that match.

The next match, she tried it again, and I guess this time she didn't care if nobody else joined her; that or she was content to hang back with her Splat Charger and snipe from afar. I was a little annoyed, but I figured we were probably going to lose anyway with how good the opposing team was.

I got splatted at one point, so I went around the base inking up any missed turf (of which there was a sizable chunk). I got up to the right-hand wall at the entrance of our base, and lo, there the party squid was on the other wall. After a bit of an awkward staredown, she made a kind of movement, and I copied it. Movement led to movement, that led to squidkidding, and I figured that was a squid party in the works. I got some speed, jumped over to the other side, and I... missed the jump, falling down onto the ramp below us. I Super Jumped back up to her, but by then there was an enemy squiddo in our base, so any partying would have to wait.

Of course we lost that match, and thus I resolved to focus on winning before anything else for the rest of the night.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I thought I entered one today, but it was just a enthusiastic crowd, cheery and booyah.

flamestar6

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kris4490
i do that sometimes whenever i snipe i see them through the scope like im not a jerk ill let them be and join them
sometimes ill block the sniper on my team to keep them from getting them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom