Who's your main in Smash?

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
It's obvious but I play Mewtwo and have been since the last years of Smash 4.
I've been using him at tournaments since the beginning of Ultimate and I also have a secondary Pikachu that I use sometimes.
I play other characters just for fun though like Mario, Kirby, Jigglypuff, and Fox.

squid-lesbian

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-7740-0630-6914
I really like Inkling and King Dedede. Other characters I play around with are Robin, Incineroar and Banjo & Kazooie.
I feel like this plays a huge part in my struggle to get into melee, because none of the characters I enjoy are present in that game ^^

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I really like Inkling and King Dedede. Other characters I play around with are Robin, Incineroar and Banjo & Kazooie.
I feel like this plays a huge part in my struggle to get into melee, because none of the characters I enjoy are present in that game ^^
I get it, I tried playing Mewtwo in Melee but I didn't want to have to juggle playing a mid tier in Ult and a low tier in Melee so I just play Falco now. I still find him fun though so I don't mind.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I'm surprised this thread didn't gain more traction. We all own switches (i hope?) and smash is an amazing party game (it's great competitively too but I prefer splatoon)

I play pyra/mythra. One day I chose random on a friend's switch who had the DLC, and it chose them. I was really confused at first but then I paused and looked at the moveset and was like "what? you can CHANGE CHARACTERS??" and I never turned back. I love other things about them too (such as mythra's freeform combos or pyra's extremely satisfying attacks) but this is the reason I initially picked them up. As soon as I got home (or as soon as I remembered) I used my 6 gold points from buying splatoon 3 digitally to buy pyra/mythra. no regrets.

I also play inkling for if I play with someone who doesn't have the DLC. The blue one, of course.

D

Deleted member

My main is Roy. Fire Emblem is my favorite Nintendo series and Marth is my favorite character, but I have more fun playing as Roy because of his specials. I love hitting people with the neutral B move at full charge when I get the chance. I'm more used to him being heavy in Melee, though, so I tend to play as male Robin instead. I used to main him in 4.

I also love using Ness. He was my main all the way back to childhood when playing the first game. I jump back to him from time to time. He's always fun and Mother is another great series anyway. I love PK Thunder a lot.

Mili

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
Ness! I've loved Ness and Lucas since Brawl, but I don't play Lucas much, I was a kid back then, and since I grew up loving those characters I got Earthbound when it came to the Wii U and Mother 2 and 3 have become very important games for me since then...

Outside of Ness, I really like playing Mii Brawler, specifically with the slime hat because I love how it jiggles, and Jigglypuff, because I really like trying to play evasive with her and just enjoy her play style in general.
I think I have a lot of characters I like to pick since if I play Ness I tend to win too much against family, so I play characters like incineroar, Kazuya, Inkling, Meta Knight, Chrome, etc.

Edit: I forgot, but I actually did play Melee online for a bit, mostly used Dr. Mario, Ness and Peach, I liked the double jump cancel things hahahhh (don't play it anymore because my GC controller stick is kinda bad now)

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
Mewtwo. Big Pokemon fan growing up, literally have played competitively for more than half my life at this point, and as a kid I always wanted to play him when I grew up with Brawl and he was stuck in Melee. Come Smash 4's DLC I immediately picked him up as a secondary with Meta Knight as my current main, and they then proceeded to nerf Meta Knight to the point where I couldn't play him anymore. Really helps that he's as sick as he is in Ultimate

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Mewtwo. Big Pokemon fan growing up, literally have played competitively for more than half my life at this point, and as a kid I always wanted to play him when I grew up with Brawl and he was stuck in Melee. Come Smash 4's DLC I immediately picked him up as a secondary with Meta Knight as my current main, and they then proceeded to nerf Meta Knight to the point where I couldn't play him anymore. Really helps that he's as sick as he is in Ultimate
That's almost the exact same reason I played him, lmao.
I was a big fan of Pokemon so I really liked Mewtwo.
I played a lot of Melee as a kid as well so I would use him a lot and I really didn't like when he was left out of Brawl and Smash 4.
When he was revealed as DLC though I was extremely excited but I wasn't actually able to get him for a good while since I lost my 3ds, I did find it again though and I bought him.
He became my main alongside Luigi and I kept on playing him even after I found out more about competitive smash.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I don’t play competitively but my main is Ness, I like how floaty he is and he has cool combos + PK Fire

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
I haven't played in a long while but my main was Dark Pit! Super satisfying multi-hits, the combos you can make feel craaaazy, and the arrows feel so cool for edgeguarding comparing to regular Pit.

It also got me to pick up kid icarus uprising a few years back! Pretty cool game, I really like it

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
While I've never been very good at the series I've played Dr. Mario since Melee. He's niche and often seen as the underdog compared to the OG Mario, and I found that his own games (and music) are actually pretty dope.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i main this guy right here, hes the best
IMG_4600.jpg

i dont play smash very often or really at all because i find rivals of aether to be much better, but that doesnt mean smash is bad or anything
i actually find a lot of characters fun to play as, so i dont mind mostly choosing random. i like the fast combo characters the best though because i like fast it makes brain go happy mode.

i almost actually became an insane daisy player (daisy > peach btw) because i really liked the tech with cancelling aerials by landing from float and i also like the turnip combos. i got pretty good but had no reason to actually grind it because most of my friends barely played and its not like i was going into competitive. i also still like rivals way more lol

i have watched a lot more and know a lot more about melee than ultimate, and it looks way cooler and is much more interesting to me. i do wish a lot more characters were as strong as the ones at the top, though. thats why i hope they lean into doing more things that makes melee cool and like unique for the next game (if thats ever going to happen, ha) but like intentionally this time.

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
From Smash Bros. for Wii U, I have mained Lucario and sometimes Link. But starting in Ultimate, I mained Inkling (the blue Inkling Boy), sometimes playing as Lucario and the three versions of Link.

On occasion, I played as Pokemon Trainer too.

Last edited:

Player#11

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-0669-8194
I started playing a lot during Smash 4 but I was like 10 so I played Kirby a lot. Then when Hero came out I wanted to secondary him but I stopped playing a lot after like a month after Sora came out. But now I have no clue who I want to play now if I played now.

briank913

Inkling Cadet
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I played Yoshi since 64! I'd also play Shulk, Bowser, and Ganondorf! And I had to pick up K. Rool since I grew up with the DKC Trilogy and I consider them collectively among the greatest of video game titles of the SNES era.

Arigato!

Pro Squid
It's obvious but I play Mewtwo and have been since the last years of Smash 4.
I've been using him at tournaments since the beginning of Ultimate and I also have a secondary Pikachu that I use sometimes.
I play other characters just for fun though like Mario, Kirby, Jigglypuff, and Fox.
Kirby. I'm a casual and only play when friends are around. I like the long combo punches >:D

Hokuto

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
Falco in Melee, Toon Link in Brawl, Rosalina in 4. I haven't played enough Ultimate to find a main, but I kind of want to pick up Joker if I can be bothered to dish out money I don't have on a game that no longer appeals to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom