• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Why Did You Choose That Username?

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
I started using this username way back in 2008 when I first registered on this wonderfully (now defunct) site called Quizilla. The Sacred part is because of this wonderful anime character:

The Warrior part is because of the game Soul Calibur 3 which I was playing very heavily at the time. One of the Character Creator jobs is called Warrior :)

Switch Friend Code
SW-4960-9282-2711
My inkling wears the School Outfit (the entire set), SO i just thought, "I like Schoolhouse Rock, and I like Splatoon, so why not Schoolhouse Squid?" however since it was too long for the switch, my nickname is SHSquid.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
My inkling wears the School Outfit (the entire set), SO i just thought, "I like Schoolhouse Rock, and I like Splatoon, so why not Schoolhouse Squid?" however since it was too long for the switch, my nickname is SHSquid.
Ah, yes. I remember Schoolhouse Rock. Sometimes "The Great American Melting Pot" gets stuck in my head tbh, as well as the bill song. :P I think I remember watching it both at home and at school, but it's been years.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
My Switch username is Sunset, I tend to put "sunset" in my username anyway, and I'm colorful. (I think. :P) Also takes inspiration from Inkopolis' Japanese name, High-Color City.

SquiddyKat

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5563-4478-5986
Well, my name is Kat and for the squiddy part, I wanted my name to sound like 'kitty kat' but in... squid version if that makes sense?? Hence the name SquiddyKat. I used to be SquidKat but I thought ehh... that names pretty ordinary. SquiddyKat is my Splatoon version of kitty kat ^-^

wink

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1676-1715-3794
this is an old username i used everywhere, i just liked how it sounded. i took it from the phrase "wink out" which i think i originally saw as someone else's username. i'm a THIEF! might change my username eventually

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Because music is my life force, sometimes the only thing keeping me from- from dying. and octaves are:

• a series of eight notes occupying the interval between (and including) two notes, one having twice or half the frequency of vibration of the other.
  • a poem or stanza of eight lines; an octet.

and I write poems to get my emotions out, so…. yeah.
Plus, “oct”ave sounded Splatoon-esque.
My switch username is HL*Eevee bc my competitive gamer tag is “RandomEevee” and my very first username when I got my switch was “Hollyleaf.”
Sometimes my switch name is “partyhard.“ or “CherryCola”, “partyhard.” for when I want to start full-lobby Squid parties in regular matches and “CherryCola” because it sounds cool.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom